Does anyone have VIP Private Show or Sunset Fantasy?

BOBIBCFBG

3 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

I think it’s cause fantasy’s he most popular fragrance, so people are buy her **** if they have something similar that smelled good. No one bought the other perfumes (at least as much as Fantasy)

It's also easy AF to just put another word in front of "Fantasy" and it's a whole new fragrance. It could really be anything lol Beach Fantasy, LA Fantasy, **** Fantasy, etc. Just change the color of the bottle lol. Cuz I swear not all of the Fantasies really belong in the same family.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Actually, it's non-fan females that mostly keep it alive. It's why she/whoever (is it Estee Lauder? My brain wants to say it is, but I don't think I'm right on the brand) won't make a cologne despite that the majority of Britney's fanbase consists of gay males; it's too dicey a risk, and her music fanbase can't be relied on for good sales figures because... we're not that big anymore.

That's not true. It's casual perfume buyers that don't want to spend too much money on designer fragrances but want something fun with a good name. No matter what Britney's public image has been throughout the years, her fragrance line has always had a great reputation. 

4 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

That's not true. It's casual perfume buyers that don't want to spend too much money on designer fragrances but want something fun with a good name. No matter what Britney's public image has been throughout the years, her fragrance line has always had a great reputation. 

I never said it didn't have a good reputation? I also never claimed they didn't want to spend too much money; I was talking about why she won't do a cologne line. It's been discussed here, because people have wondered. And yes, her fragrance line does have a great reputation. Again, I never claimed otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Justney said:

It's depressing honestly that her perfumes are cheap mark off type fragrances at shitty stores instead of sold at accrual beauty retailers like curious once was. 

They were sold in stores like Macy's and Sephora along with designer fragrances until 2007 and she completely ruined her image. Those stores didn't want to be associated with her anymore. Sad they didn't work out a deal in late 2008 for her comeback. By then, her fragrances were prob too well known at cheaper stores like Target and Wal Mart for Macy's/Sephora to want to carry them again. It's smart on her team's part though - by letting those cheaper places sell her perfumes, more people will buy them and more money they make. They sacrifice status of the whole brand though.

1 hour ago, SlaymeMore said:

You have every Britney fragrances!! SLAY! So I need your advise if you don't mind 

I want to buy one of her perfume but I don't know which one... (I'm a guy) I want something a bit "Dark" not something fresh and fun if you know what I mean

Yes I love almost all of them lol and happy to help you out! Fair warning though, all of her fragrances (except one) are pretty feminine and fresh/fun. There's only one that is a little "darker." So for a guy, your best bets are (in order from least girly):

1) Believe
This really could get away as a cologne - it's almost masculine. It's main notes are guava, tangerine, honeysuckle, praline and patchouli. Despite the fruit, it doesn't smell sweet like a lot of her fragrances. And it doesn't smell flowerly despite the honeysuckle. It's more musky and prob the "darkest" Britney fragrance.

2) Maui Fantasy
This is an unusual Britney fragrance bc it's not necessarily a great smelling perfume which sounds weird but it does have it's place. It's main notes are pink grapefruit, passionfruit, coconut and hibiscus. So - it does smell like summer/tropical vacation/beach. I personally love that overall smell of coconut and san tan oil and all that bc I'm a very summery person so it's just kind of fun. However, I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like that. It is a little overly and sickenly sweet. But bc it does just smell like summer I think a guy could get away with it, despite being so sweet.

3) Island Fantasy
This fragrance is great and again, it smells like summer! Just more of a summery, fresh fragrance and it's def more mature and overall better smelling than Maui. Main notes are watermelon, citruses and clementine so again, I think a guy could get away with it bc it's summery. However it doesn't necessarily smell masculine and it is still sweet. It's an eau de toilette so it's a lot lighter which would help a guy get away with it better, but that means that it doesn't last long at all.

4) Circus Fantasy
This is my favorite Britney fragrance!! Main notes are raspberry, vanilla and sugar. It's definitely sweet but it's a more "clean sweet" than "dessert sweet" (most of her Fantasies are dessert) so again I think a guy could pull it off. It's still very sweet and kinda girly though.

5) Hidden Fantasy
A guy could pull this one off bc it's a little more spicy than her other fragrances. Notes include tangerine, orange and clove which are pretty neutral but they're mixed with a lot of flowers and vanilla which makes it still dessert sweet aka girly.

The rest are definitely feminine. Like I said, I haven't smelled VIP Private Show or Sunset Fantasy. I know VIP is supposed to smell very fruity which could be considered neutral (I heard the flower notes aren't as strong as the fruity ones). Hope this helps!

21 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

I never said it didn't have a good reputation? I also never claimed they didn't want to spend too much money; I was talking about why she won't do a cologne line. It's been discussed here, because people have wondered. And yes, her fragrance line does have a great reputation. Again, I never claimed otherwise. 

I was responding to your comment that her gay fans keep the fragrance line alive. The vast majority of people buying it is women.

4 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I was responding to your comment that her gay fans keep the fragrance line alive. The vast majority of people buying it is women.

I never said that. In fact, I said exactly what you're saying. :huh: I said her music fans couldn't keep her line alive alone, and that it was non-fan females -- or even casual fan women -- who kept it alive.

30 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

To be fair, despite any of the packaging or ads they almost all smell amazingly. There's only a few that are just okay but even they aren't bad.

I loved curious when it first came out. It makes me wish i could still find it in stores (idk what its so hard to find Britney fragrances in the stores here). I kind of do wish I could try the others or get a hold of them other than online.  I love really sweet scents.  Do you have a recommendation? :bang:

I'll just had to become a part of the problem too.

7 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Yes I love almost all of them lol and happy to help you out! Fair warning though, all of her fragrances (except one) are pretty feminine and fresh/fun. There's only one that is a little "darker." So for a guy, your best bets are (in order from least girly):

1) Believe
This really could get away as a cologne - it's almost masculine. It's main notes are guava, tangerine, honeysuckle, praline and patchouli. Despite the fruit, it doesn't smell sweet like a lot of her fragrances. And it doesn't smell flowerly despite the honeysuckle. It's more musky and prob the "darkest" Britney fragrance.

2) Maui Fantasy
This is an unusual Britney fragrance bc it's not necessarily a great smelling perfume which sounds weird but it does have it's place. It's main notes are pink grapefruit, passionfruit, coconut and hibiscus. So - it does smell like summer/tropical vacation/beach. I personally love that overall smell of coconut and san tan oil and all that bc I'm a very summery person so it's just kind of fun. However, I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like that. It is a little overly and sickenly sweet. But bc it does just smell like summer I think a guy could get away with it, despite being so sweet.

3) Island Fantasy
This fragrance is great and again, it smells like summer! Just more of a summery, fresh fragrance and it's def more mature and overall better smelling than Maui. Main notes are watermelon, citruses and clementine so again, I think a guy could get away with it bc it's summery. However it doesn't necessarily smell masculine and it is still sweet. It's an eau de toilette so it's a lot lighter which would help a guy get away with it better, but that means that it doesn't last long at all.

4) Circus Fantasy
This is my favorite Britney fragrance!! Main notes are raspberry, vanilla and sugar. It's definitely sweet but it's a more "clean sweet" than "dessert sweet" (most of her Fantasies are dessert) so again I think a guy could pull it off. It's still very sweet and kinda girly though.

5) Hidden Fantasy
A guy could pull this one off bc it's a little more spicy than her other fragrances. Notes include tangerine, orange and clove which are pretty neutral but they're mixed with a lot of flowers and vanilla which makes it still dessert sweet aka girly.

The rest are definitely feminine. Like I said, I haven't smelled VIP Private Show or Sunset Fantasy. I know VIP is supposed to smell very fruity which could be considered neutral (I heard the flower notes aren't as strong as the fruity ones). Hope this helps!

OMG I did not expect that much informations thank you

Based on you reviews I'm gonna give a try to "Believe" 

:sendinglove:

2 hours ago, SlaymeMore said:

OMG I did not expect that much informations thank you

Based on you reviews I'm gonna give a try to "Believe" 

:sendinglove:

You're so welcome I love fragrances so I take interest in Britney's lol. And yeah I think Believe sounds great for what you're looking for!! Update me when you try it =)

10 hours ago, Justney said:

I loved curious when it first came out. It makes me wish i could still find it in stores (idk what its so hard to find Britney fragrances in the stores here). I kind of do wish I could try the others or get a hold of them other than online.  I love really sweet scents.  Do you have a recommendation? :bang:

I'll just had to become a part of the problem too.

If you like sweet, you'd love Fantasy. It's overly sweet lol it smells good it's just very strong and very desserty. IMO, the Fantasy Remixes smell better. Naughty Remix is a sexier version of Fantasy and Nice Remix is a lighter version.

Also, Fantasy Intimate Edition is amazing - it smells like Fantasy's sexier more mature sister lol. It's very romantic. Rocker Femme Fantasy is great too. It's more fun and "edgy" like better for a night out. I would say it's like Fantasy's older more fun sister.

Curious In Control is one of her best and smells more like a Fantasy flanker than Curious. It smells very mature and romantic and still sweet.

Hidden Fantasy is good and mixes spicy with an underlying sweetness, like a cinnamon cupcake almost.

Island Fantasy and Maui Fantasy are sweet but in a more summery and fruity way than desserty (see my explanations above).

Private Show is also very good and sweet. Again it smells more like a Fantasy flanker than it's own fragrance. It smells like a more mature version of Fantasy.

The rest of her fragrances are good for the most part but aren't as sweet as those. Hope that helps!

13 hours ago, Justney said:

I always look for her perfumes when i go to those places but never see them.  So I'm always baffled that they sell so much. At least she gives us perfume promo. :kyliecry:

Really? 

Walgreens and bigger Walmarts have Private Show, Curious, and Fantasy box sets now. They even have bath bombs of Fantasy.

The only stores I know sells the sister Fragrances of Fantasy are Kohls and TJ Maxxx/

14 hours ago, Justney said:

I'm trying to figure out who buys it... in my area I have seen only a few bottles sold over the years at Walgreens and maybe they used to have it at Ross... since then I never have seen it stocked.  Where are people getting it? It's depressing honestly that her perfumes are cheap mark off type fragrances at shitty stores instead of sold at accrual beauty retailers like curious once was. :kyliecry: let's go back to the good ol days when we had more music and only one fragrance. 

Why? I wouldn't buy any of Britney's perfumes for $80. I did Curious but these days I wouldn't. The average person won't which is why she got her empire. It's the only smart move that was made going to affordable stores. 

On 02/12/2017 at 4:29 AM, BOBIBCFBG said:

1) Believe

2) Maui Fantasy

3) Island Fantasy

4) Circus Fantasy

5) Hidden Fantasy

Wow. Can u give me some perfume advices as well please? Lol

I have 5 of her perfumes. Curious, Fantasy anniversary edition, island, midnight and circus. Idk if it's bc the weather here where I live is always hot, but I always felt circus is like kinda strong and not the best on me. Island is weak and doesn't last as long. The fantasy anniversary is so good, I feel like it's less sweet than the original, right? And I love curious so much. Midnight is probably my favorite among the ones I have. It smells good on summer vibes and winter too when I traveled to some cold place. 

I smelled once hidden and thought it was great. I also want to buy believe and private show. 

I've read u saying that circus is ur favorite and u like in control. Which others do you recommend? What about radiance? 

I like the strong ones, a lil bit sweet. 

On 12/1/2017 at 11:09 PM, BOBIBCFBG said:

They were sold in stores like Macy's and Sephora along with designer fragrances until 2007 and she completely ruined her image. Those stores didn't want to be associated with her anymore. Sad they didn't work out a deal in late 2008 for her comeback. By then, her fragrances were prob too well known at cheaper stores like Target and Wal Mart for Macy's/Sephora to want to carry them again. It's smart on her team's part though - by letting those cheaper places sell her perfumes, more people will buy them and more money they make. They sacrifice status of the whole brand though.

But then again, her fragrances very popular internationally as well.  Your comment seems to talk about her brand from a domestic standpoint.

4 hours ago, Arya said:

Wow. Can u give me some perfume advices as well please? Lol

I have 5 of her perfumes. Curious, Fantasy anniversary edition, island, midnight and circus. Idk if it's bc the weather here where I live is always hot, but I always felt circus is like kinda strong and not the best on me. Island is weak and doesn't last as long. The fantasy anniversary is so good, I feel like it's less sweet than the original, right? And I love curious so much. Midnight is probably my favorite among the ones I have. It smells good on summer vibes and winter too when I traveled to some cold place. 

I smelled once hidden and thought it was great. I also want to buy believe and private show. 

I've read u saying that circus is ur favorite and u like in control. Which others do you recommend? What about radiance? 

I like the strong ones, a lil bit sweet. 

Yeah, her eau de toilette fragrances (Island Fantasy, Maui Fantasy and Fantasy In Bloom) are not as strong, naturally. I don't have Fantasy Anniversary Edition bc it's the same fragrance. They did reformulate Fantasy a few years after it was released so the Anniversary Edition is the same as the newer formula (so it's prob a little different than the original Fantasy back in 2004).

Radiance does smell very good but it's more flowery and not as casual as her other fragrances so I don't wear it often. If I'm going somewhere nice I'll wear a designer fragrance but you could definitely wear either Radiance to a nicer event. IMO Cosmic Radiance is better than the original. They smell the same but Cosmic is a more sophisticated, elevated version.

If you like sweet and strong, go with Fantasy, Curious In Control, Midnight Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy, Rocker Femme Fantasy, Fantasy Intimate Edition, Private Show.

My personal faves are Curious In Control, Believe, Hidden Fantasy, Circus Fantasy, Island Fantasy, Rocker Femme Fantasy, Fantasy Intimate Edition, Private Show!

By the way, if you like me live in Argentina, you'll find most of her fragrances in MercadoLibre! Si son de acá ya saben lo difícil que es conseguir los perfumes de Britney en tiendas físicas. Sólo asegúrense de estar seguros de que sean de originales y no las supuestas versiones españolas que tienen menor graduación. Suelen encontrarse más baratas, y no les recomendaría que los compren. Son either fake or really fragrances with a lighter concentration, which is no bueno. :mattafact:

23 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Just the other day I was about to buy Believe and Midnight Fantasy (both a blind buy) to finally give some of her fragrances a try, but ended up spending the money on other stuff. :kyliecry: I'm definitely getting those the next time tho, I'm really curious to see if I can pull them off being a guy and all. :brit:

I think you should wear whatever you want no matter what gender you are. But I will say that Midnight Fantasy does smell girly, if you're okay with that. Believe doesn't though!

6 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I think you should wear whatever you want no matter what gender you are. But I will say that Midnight Fantasy does smell girly, if you're okay with that. Believe doesn't though!

Thanks for the advice! I'm totally in for gender bending fragrances! I thought those two would also give me a nice constrast to sample Britney's line, and was hoping MF wasn't the sweetest of them all (like the original Fantasy, maybe?). All of this of course just by reading reviews and stuff. I've never actually smelled them, not one. :blaughing:

Btw, I've also read that Private Show smells good on us guys, because it isn't that fruity/floral and it's more about the coffee and the creaminess. What do you think? 

Archived