Rate Britney's albums out of 5 stars

BOBIBCFBG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

oh **** i totally did lol. i started out with 5 but then i was giving every album 5 stars hahaha so i made it 10. pick whichever you like tho!

Ok

BOMT 3/5

OIDIA 3.5/5

Britney 4/5

In The Zone 5/5

Blackout 4.5/5

Circus 3.5/5

Femme Fatale 2.5/5

Britney Jean 2/5

Glory 3.5/5

• FF:           ★ ★ ★ ★ ★      (5/5)
  • BO:          ★ ★ ★ ★ ★     (5/5)
  • Britney:   ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩     (4/5)
  • Glory:      ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩     (4/5)
  • ITZ:          ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩    (4/5)
  • Circus:    ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩     (4/5)
  • BOMT     ★ ★ ★ ✩ ✩     (3/5)
  • OIDIA:     ★ ★ ★ ✩ ✩      (3/5)
  • Brenda Juanita:   :4music: ★ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩      (1/5)

• FF:           9/10
  • BO:          9/10
  • Britney:   8.5/10
  • Glory:     8/10
  • ITZ:         8/10
  • Circus:    7.5/10
  • BOMT     6.5/10
  • OIDIA:     6/10
  • Berenice Julieta   :zoomzoom: 1.5/10
  • Baby - 4/5 stars  /  almost flawless 8
  • Oops! - 3.5/5  /  really, really good 7 (I don't think it's bad but it's not my fave. I almost never listened to it. But lots of the songs are really amazing. It's weird lol :nocomprende:)
  • Britney - 5/5  /  flawless 10
  • In The Zone - 5/5  /  flawless 10
  • Blackout 5/5  /  flawless 10
  • Circus 4.5/5  /  flawless 9
  • Femme Fatale - 3/5  /  average 6
  • Britney Jean - 2/5  /  very bad 2 (It's a 2 because the ballads are amazing, even if she doesn't sing them lol) 
  • Glory - 3.5/5  /  really, really good 7 (it could be better, but I hate almost every lyrics. Way too much *** and repetitive :outwithit:)
3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

My copy is:

Hide contents

01 I'm A Slave 4 U
02 Overprotected
03 Lonely
04 I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
05 Boys
06 Anticipating
07 I Love Rock 'N' Roll
08 Cinderella
09 Let Me Be
10 Bombastic Love
11 That's Where You Take Me
12 When I Found You
13 I Run Away
14 What It's Like To Be Me
15 Before The Goodbye

I was so bummed to see how many people rated Britney really low, often as her second worst album, and only like 1/2 a star better than Britney Jean.:wyd: 

That makes no sense to me! I mean, I know it's not her most cohesive album, but it has some of her best songs, IMO. "Slave," "Overprotected," "Lonely," "I Run Away," "What It's Like To Be Me," and "Before the Goodbye" are all amazing. And I know a lot of people consider them childish, but I also love "Cinderella" and "Anticipating." :makesomenoise:

It's just really underrated, because without her having done this record that was essentially a mixture of her previous teenybopper sound, in concert with her new mature, urban-influenced sound, she wouldn't have set the foundation for her best, fully mature and artistically involved albums (ITZ and BO) to come into fruition.:lessons:

29 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I was so bummed to see how many people rated Britney really low, often as her second worst album, and only like 1/2 a star better than Britney Jean.:wyd: 

That makes no sense to me! I mean, I know it's not her most cohesive album, but it has some of her best songs, IMO. "Slave," "Overprotected," "Lonely," "I Run Away," "What It's Like To Be Me," and "Before the Goodbye" are all amazing. And I know a lot of people consider them childish, but I also love "Cinderella" and "Anticipating." :makesomenoise:

It's just really underrated, because without her having done this record that was essentially a mixture of her previous teenybopper sound, in concert with her new mature, urban-influenced sound, she wouldn't have set the foundation for her best, fully mature and artistically involved albums (ITZ and BO) to come into fruition.:lessons:

I honestly would have preferred Britney to have a little more than just two of the urban infused tracks (like seriously Bombastic Love can go), but overall it is her transitional record and it’s executed well. It could have been done even better by including more of the mature material 50/50 rather than 80/20 but that’s another topic. :howiroll:

34 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Preach, I rated it 4/5

41 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I honestly would have preferred Britney to have a little more than just two of the urban infused tracks (like seriously Bombastic Love can go), but overall it is her transitional record and it’s executed well. It could have been done even better by including more of the mature material 50/50 rather than 80/20 but that’s another topic. :howiroll:

I agree to an extent, but the drastic shift in her image, due to the lead single alone, was incredibly risky given the vast majority of her core fanbase were still very young girls (I was one of those young girls, and I personally remember initially hating "Slave," especially the music video; it took me years to appreciate the song--of course, now it's one of my favorites. But I remember my friends feeling the exact same way when the album first came out, so we'd basically just listen to tracks like "Overprotected," "Cinderella," and "Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" over and over again). :dorkney:

Although I'd now love the kind of album you're describing, I honestly think if the album had been 50% teenybopper and 50% mature, **** tracks, she would've lost a significant portion of her fanbase, plus Crossroads would've been an epic flop and possibly set her career back quite a bit (since she was the "it girl" at that time, and had never come close to flopping before). :mhm:

But I do agree with you on "Bombastic Love," I've NEVER liked that song, and can't believe her record label actually thought it was lead single worthy, especially considering the huge, pop-perfection smashes her first two lead singles had been. :umwtf:

Archived