Here Are The 2018 Grammy Nominations

Jordan Miller

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
37 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I’m a little surprised Ed Sheeran didn’t get more noms. Really boring nominations altogether really.

It is a little boring. But interestingly that is why I like it. Although yeah, it could always be better.

I can't believe the album of the year category is almost all hip hop and RNB. I guess it makes sense that's all that's been popular recently, but I don't really care for any of the albums in that category. I would count on Lorde winning, the past 2 years a female artist won. Plus they probably need to make themselves look good having a POC win. 

I'm glad to see Rainbow and Praying nominated. IMO it's the best album and song of the past year. (excluding glory- but that was over a year ago and we know Britney never gets any grammy love). I honestly think Praying should have also been nominated is song and record of the year too, it's so much more moving than the songs that were nominated. I guess they're just going off what had the most commericial success. Glad to see Joanne was nominated, but I don't think it really deserved any of the top categories. Demi's album was so good, disapointed to not see her grab at least one nomination. She got nominated for confident but TMYLM? That seems ridiculous, TMYLM is way stronger as an album. Not a huge Ed Sheeran fan, but shocked to not see him nominated for more awards. 

I don't know if What About Us and Love So Soft really deserved nominations... I like both songs, but they're not really among the best songs to come out in the past year. What's with the super obscure nominations in the dance categories? Why are Imagine Dragons and Portugal The Man in the pop category? Imagine Dragons is definitely a rock band, I thought Portugal The Man was considered rock/alt too? They're taking up space in the pop category that other artists deserved. 

Archived