Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

why did brinni lie about her virginity in the first place?


Brunetteknee

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brichney.

Why did she even felt the need to tell people about it in the first place? I say it's because the creepy label probably thought it was a good idea to market her as a virginal girl from the south. It's was pure marketing strategy. 

The whole thing was weird and too personal to be shared with so many people. 

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

Why did she even felt the need to tell people about it in the first place? I say it's because the creepy label probably thought it was a good idea to market her as a virginal girl from the south. It's was pure marketing strategy. 

The whole thing was weird and too personal to be shared with so many people. 

This, it was all about her image. She was pushed to confirm this ideal image.

a normall person would say: the ****? Thats none of your ******* damn business. :ineedthetruth:

Link to comment

It was part of her image. It was how the time was then. Almost all of the teen pop stars were acting like they didn't have ***, curse, or drink and smoke. They all pretended to be so innocent.  This is why Will Ford and "I Wanna Be Bad", Britney with "Slave", or Xtina with "Dirrty" were such big deals. These were all a big break from the "oh no I've never had *** ever!" images that all pop stars were portraying before this. 

Link to comment
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

1- Maybe she was still a virgin when they first asked her in 1999. So that wasn't a full lie

2- Maybe her label told her to say that

3- Or it was her own idea to lie :imok:

 

We will never know 

Link to comment

Shouldn't have liked because one lie leads to another, liars are not to be trusted, etc

But if she did do it and told them no I'm not a virgin--it actually would have hurt her image which would have hurt her sales--weird , I know--weird and sick just like the fake entertainment industry which is all about exploiting and money. It's not about the art or music. If it was, it would be free or almost free. It's the exact opposite.

 

Link to comment
  • Deactivated
5 hours ago, Britneyisfire said:

It was part of her image. It was how the time was then. Almost all of the teen pop stars were acting like they didn't have ***, curse, or drink and smoke. They all pretended to be so innocent.  This is why Will Ford and "I Wanna Be Bad", Britney with "Slave", or Xtina with "Dirrty" were such big deals. These were all a big break from the "oh no I've never had *** ever!" images that all pop stars were portraying before this. 

:orangu: 

Link to comment

Maybe, she was an actual virgin when she told them the first time but by the time she actually lost her virginity, the question kept coming up and she did not want to sound like a hypocrite. It's actually very normal teenage girl behavior. Given her conservative background, she must have thought it was going to be a continuous thing.

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

:orangu: 

Were you around then or are you just going off of what you think is true based on stats? It was a big deal when that video was on TRL surrounded by all of the innocent virginal pop that was a hit at the time. 

Link to comment
  • Deactivated
3 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

Were you around then or are you just going off of what you think is true based on stats? It was a big deal when that video was on TRL surrounded by all of the innocent virginal pop that was a hit at the time. 

I was around then, Willa Ford was just a one-hit wonder though

the song was a moderate hit, and she was just known as "nick carter's current/ex girlfriend"

Link to comment
21 hours ago, falka said:

but maybe it's southern tradition to brag about hymen? :makeitrain: 

:hahaha: It's not, but hey.

It was more about the 'innocent' thing being coveted; being seen as someone who had *** was a controversial thing, and saying you were a virgin kept the church-attending part of the crowds happy. That's also why it was such a big deal when I'm A Slave 4 U came out, and why she lost the first chunk of her fanbase then.

But as for people saying, 'How do we know she's not?', didn't Lynne admit to it in her book or something?

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block