Scream&Shout (Only Britney) I can't stand this flawless queen

CristMont

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LilyRoseAllen said:

I remember thinking that this song was a hit thanks to Britney, and how she will never flop. I was so naïve! :tear:

To be totally honest, Britney's first singles always chart pretty good considering she does 0 promo and usually doesn't even give a **** about her new material, so I'd say she still has that power. She just doesn't know how to use it. :tiffsniffle:

21 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

To be totally honest, Britney's first singles always chart pretty good considering she does 0 promo and usually doesn't even give a **** about her new material, so I'd say she still has that power. She just doesn't know how to use it. :tiffsniffle:

Make Me had zero impact. Even WB is in a sense a classic pop song, but it could have been SO much better.

This ***** could have the biggest impact on the universe, but all that she wants is another baby and eat cheetos. :anxiety:

Just now, toy soldier. said:

When the song came out Exhale dragged it to the pits, only started to appreciate it when it became a hit.

To be honest, it is a **** song

Lol Exhale will never change! Always loved it tbh, but never thought it would be such a hit, that's why I told myself that she could never flop after it become a worlwide hit:lemmetellu:

2 hours ago, LilyRoseAllen said:

Make Me had zero impact. Even WB is in a sense a classic pop song, but it could have been SO much better.

This ***** could have the biggest impact on the universe, but all that she wants is another baby and eat cheetos. :anxiety:

WB is already a Britney classic imo and a lot of people know the song. It peaked at #12, I think? I agre with MM, but it peaked at #17 I think and both of those numbers are pretty great for 0 promo (or a bad one, in MM case).

But yeah, that's the thing that bothers me the most. She could easily slay the whole era, especially with a great material like Glory was, but she just decides not to. :imok:

1 minute ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

WB is already a Britney classic imo and a lot of people know the song. It peaked at #12, I think? I agre with MM, but it peaked at #17 I think and both of those numbers are pretty great for 0 promo (or a bad one, in MM case).

But yeah, that's the thing that bothers me the most. She could easily slay the whole era, especially with a great material like Glory was, but she just decides not to. :imok:

it is not a Britney classic. Some people might know the song (and trust me, not a lot of people do) but almost no one knows it's Britney.

9 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

it is not a Britney classic. Some people might know the song (and trust me, not a lot of people do) but almost no one knows it's Britney.

I disagree. I think it's actually the only song that feels "very Britney" to GP and many fans after maybe Womanizer. I think her FF singles did good but are kinda forgotten by GP by now, Perfume doesn't even exist, and both MM and SP didn't really make any significant impact - besides being good songs. WB has that special catchphrase, it is very uptempo like most of her songs, has a memorable video, memorable choreography... And most of the people I know and that actually doesn't listen to her, know the song or at least heard it. Especially the one who are pop fans. But that's just my experience and my opinion :sendinglove:

1 hour ago, toy soldier. said:

It’s definitely a new age Britney classic. I will agree with in the ways that it’s not the same as Baby, Oops, Slave, or Toxic. But it’s definitely one of her most recognizable newer hits since Femme Fatale. 

2 hours ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

I disagree. I think it's actually the only song that feels "very Britney" to GP and many fans after maybe Womanizer. I think her FF singles did good but are kinda forgotten by GP by now, Perfume doesn't even exist, and both MM and SP didn't really make any significant impact - besides being good songs. WB has that special catchphrase, it is very uptempo like most of her songs, has a memorable video, memorable choreography... And most of the people I know and that actually doesn't listen to her, know the song or at least heard it. Especially the one who are pop fans. But that's just my experience and my opinion :sendinglove:

Are you from the US? Because in Europe no one but gays know the song

17 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

Are you from the US? Because in Europe no one but gays know the song

I'm from Europe. And many of people around me know the song and immediately connect it with Britney. I'm not saying I've actually heard it on radio or anything, but it is pretty well-known. 

And just by looking at numbers - it is the 3rd most viewed video on her channel (not counting S&S)! That's a lot imo. And the whole term "work *****" etc got pretty popular on the internet. Maybe those are gays too, but not every gay is Britney fan too, so they still count as GP ;)

Like I've said, that's just my opinion. In my eyes WB actually did something for her image and contributed to her legacy (maybe not a lot, but still), while Perfume, MM and SP did altogether nothing.

Archived