Billboard Gave Britney Her #1 With Rihanna Back

IconicShow

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I don't think it is at all. The only tracks going number one now are the ones played on radio 24/7. Where as before it was mostly sales. 

So little artists never have a chance at bigger exposure. 

Yeah but why should a song go number 1 if not many people know about it? The S&M Remix and 3 sold well, but not many people know/remember them. How can a song be considered #1 if not many people know it? Songs that are played on the radio are well known and popular because people hear them so often in so many different places.

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Yeah but why should a song go number 1 if not many people know about it? The S&M Remix and 3 sold well, but not many people know/remember them. How can a song be considered #1 if not many people know it? Songs that are played on the radio are well known and popular because people hear them so often in so many different places.

That doesn't even make sense because 3 and S&m were on the radio a lot so they deserved it. I'm just saying more music was able to get to the number 1 spot which makes more sense imo

Once you are in the top you are there for a long time now. Which easily can be influenced now more than before by money 

19 hours ago, Urbanney said:

As difficult as it is to get a #1 now, I think it's much more accurate now. Number 1s used to be seem so attainable. Barely anyone even remembers 3 or the S&M remix, yet they reached #1. HIAM isn't remembered much either, but it sold so much I think it was deserved.

3 is one of Britney's singles with actual longevity lmao it was in the top 10 for like eleven weeks; it's definitely a britney signature as far as post-toxic songs

On 11/25/2017 at 8:13 PM, The_Original_Toy said:

how did till the world ends not get number 1 if it was more popular than hold it against me? :ineedthetruth: i remember even my straight guy friends bopping to that song in middle school, more than 3 or HIAM 

EDIT - How did pretty girls chart higher than Me Against The Music :orangu:

Hold it against me sold over 400,000 copies in its first week and broke the record of most spins gained in a day. It was pretty big. It also became her highest played single in a single week by reaching over ten thousand spins. Till the world ends was even more successful radio wise by reaching over 11,000 spins. I wanna go then became her biggest radio hit to date by reaching about 14,000 spins in a week. I wanna go peaked at number one on the radio but only number 7 on the hit 100. It all depends on the competition at the time, along with airplay and downloads. 3 deserved to be number one because it peaked at number two on the radio and also was a number one digital song. Was a bigger hit for her than any song besides baby and womanizer. 

Archived