For a comeback album, do you think Circus sold well?

Itachi

Guest Diamond Horse
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

wasn't Blackout supposed to be her comeback album? :ineedthetruth:

I think Circus did well, considering it was her 37th comeback, out of the 44328189912 comebacks that were still to come. 

Britney always comes back :riri: 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think money (which is ultimately what people behind britney wants to make) nowadays comes from concerts...

Of course to have good ticket sells you need to stay fresh in people mind and a good fanbase, I think Circus was ok for that objective.

Nowadays we need a new Circus  :tear:

30 minutes ago, Barajas said:

I think money (which is ultimately what people behind britney wants to make) nowadays comes from concerts...

Of course to have good ticket sells you need to stay fresh in people mind and a good fanbase, I think Circus was ok for that objective.

Nowadays we need a new Circus  :tear:

I would love for the singles to be bangers but the rest of the album be experimentalney. That's where Britney shines, she needs to stand in her own sound and lead the pack again

4 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

We'd all kill for Britney to achieve Circus week one sales nowadays, but we're doomed to only have flops since 2013 until forever :kyliecry:

its honestly cause she's played it safe and not committed 100% to her projects, Circus had bangers of course but also comeback story. Glory and Vegas was a step in good direction though but she won't be succesful as before if she doesnt change it up - you can only ride on that nostalgia and legacy for so long. Glory was setting up to be good but **** got messy. 

It's the "comeback" factor that leads to massive debut sell.

Britney got lots of hype, but her singles are not that popular I think.

All the album you list are assisted by multiple big radio smashes.

The Fame: You all know about this

One of the boys: Hot N Cold spend more weeks in the top 5 than Womanizer and Circus combined. Not to mention IKAG.

Funhouse: So What was a massive hit. and her follow single got support from adult stations and stay on the chart for a really long time.

Fearless: Love Story and You Belong with Me (50 weeks!!!)

Sasha Fierce: Her most single driven album. Single Ladies was probably bigger than anything except Gaga.

But anyway 08 was such a good year for pop girls:kyliecry:

Guest Brichney.

Circus outsold all of the albums you named on its first week both in the US and globally, it was the biggest debut by a female artist that year. To answer your question, Circus era was a success but had tons of competition and Britney wasn't doing the most. It could have been bigger but it was successful, album, tour, and singles were all successful. 

2 hours ago, Brichney. said:

Circus outsold all of the albums you named on its first week both in the US and globally, it was the biggest debut by a female artist that year. To answer your question, Circus era was a success but had tons of competition and Britney wasn't doing the most. It could have been bigger but it was successful, album, tour, and singles were all successful. 

agreed on everything, except singles since we all know what happened to radar horse :imok: kind of a missed opportunity imo, Mariah had her comeback with Emancipation and did extremely well but yeah Britney could've too had she done more

2 hours ago, Invitation said:

It did really well. Are you kidding? Womanizer's music video generated so much buzz. The theme was great. First 3 singles did really well. 4 great videos too. 

at least in terms of album sales, sis. it could have gone multi-platinum. as most of the female releases that year (except for kitty purra)

12 hours ago, troubleguy said:

it could've easliy hit 1M copies at first week, but seems teamb is stuck in 90s at doing promos :lemmetellu:

but at the other hand everyone was expected primeney comeback not a birth of currentney, thats why the numbers weren't huge as it could;ve been :nopingout:

lol during the 90s they did a LOT of promo. She performed on nearly every tv show lmao. SNL, top of the pops, GMA, David Letterman, RTL, Nickelodeon, Rosie Odonell.. then the TCAs, VMAs, AMAs and so much more...

2 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

lol during the 90s they did a LOT of promo. She performed on nearly every tv show lmao. SNL, top of the pops, GMA, David Letterman, RTL, Nickelodeon, Rosie Odonell.. then the TCAs, VMAs, AMAs and so much more...

I don't get why ppl say that either. Britney used to promote everywhere

Archived