GMA video: Britney Spears to end her Las Vegas residency on New Year's Eve

Marcanthony

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

For me it just kept getting better, until earlier this year, but it's still better than the beginning of the residency.

We've never been able to see her perform this much, and continously in any past era. If she went to tour for BJ, we wouldn't have had that many performances, and there wouldn't have been the evolution she started to show since late 2015. Of course too much of something always ends up being prejudicial, their mistake was not keeping revamping the show, changing the numbers, the songs, the choreos, and the few things they changed or scrapped were mostly for the worse, except for getting rid of the wigs. 

Another mistake was not incorporating more songs from BJ back in the day, and Glory later, but I was very happy she was performing her classic songs again, Crazy, Stronger, Oops, Lucky, after so many years. Then ILRNR with the revamp, the first performance ever of BTI, etc. 

The residency isn't that bad, not as bad as everybody in here wants to make it seem. I'd take the **** explosions or the butt wipings any day before the depressing performances from the FFT. If she ever goes touring in the future, for more successful that it is, it won't last more than a few months. We'll never have her performing this often, so there's a very, very boring future ahead of us as fans in the following years. 

I think Circus is a hundred times better, even if it lacked dancing. That is just my opinion though. 

Vegas could have been good but it just wasn't. 

I actually see very little change from FFT tbh That tour had way better production but Britney was a mess. Britney is a bit better but production is a mess for Pom.

I wish she would focus on new material and make it great with performances for promo. Like BBMA 

43 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I think Circus is a hundred times better, even if it lacked dancing. That is just my opinion though. 

I actually see very little change from FFT tbh That tour had way better production but Britney was a mess. Britney is a bit better but production is a mess for Pom.

I wish she would focus on new material and make it great with performances for promo. Like BBMA 

I never saw the FFT live, but the POM show doesn't look as bad in person. The backdrops and the lasers and everything feels really great. We can't compare a show that was intended for big stadiums like the FFT with a show that was intended for a small theater. Anyway, I'd rather have the current Britney than FFney, but I'm convinced that she wouldn't have gotten to this point if she didn't do the residency. Not because of the residency itself, but because of the fact that she performed for so long, so she started to master it. But as I said on another comment, she's reached a point where it has been just too much of the same, so it's only natural that it's finally coming to an end.

About the Circus tour, she was more comfortable indeed and we could say it was overall better, but I think it could be tied with the best nights of POM. Personally, I stick with POM just because of the setlist (even though it has too many Blackout and ITZ songs, but that was the same case with Circus). But after the FFT the logical thing would've been that she would just keep getting worse and worse in her following performances, but she didn't. If someone would've asked me back in 2011 to imagine Britney in 2017, I would've imagined an even more robotic, sedated, more out of shape and unhappy Britney than she was during the FF era. I would've never believed how good she is nowadays, despite her lips, despite her tics onstage, despite the lipsynching, the ugly outfits.

POM has given us hope that she has the potential to get better in whatever project she makes in the future, if only she works with the right people, if she puts more enthusiasm in the rehearsals and stuff, but the truth is we never know what's gonna happen next. She may lose all the progress she's done if she takes a break for too long. So this could actually be the last time we see these little glimpses of that amazing performer she used to be, that we've seen lately in Vegas. In the next years we'll see if people don't regret bashing so much POM and start to appreciate  it only when it's already gone. But that's the same old story. Back in 2011, I would've never imagined anyone defending the FFT in the future, but here we are six years later with so many FFT fans  :mattafact: Just wait and see MM and PG videos, there comes a day when Exhale will be full of Make Me... and Pretty Girls videos appreciation threads, and such.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I never saw the FFT live, but the POM show doesn't look as bad in person. The backdrops and the lasers and everything feels really great. We can't compare a show that was intended for big stadiums like the FFT with a show that was intended for a small theater. Anyway, I'd rather have the current Britney than FFney, but I'm convinced that she wouldn't have gotten to this point if she didn't do the residency. Not because of the residency itself, but because of the fact that she performed for so long, so she started to master it. But as I said on another comment, she's reached a point where it has been just too much of the same, so it's only natural that it's finally coming to an end.

About the Circus tour, she was more comfortable indeed and we could say it was overall better, but I think it could be tied with the best nights of POM. Personally, I stick with POM just because of the setlist (even though it has too many Blackout and ITZ songs, but that was the same case with Circus). But after the FFT the logical thing would've been that she would just keep getting worse and worse in her following performances, but she didn't. If someone would've asked me back in 2011 to imagine Britney in 2017, I would've imagined an even more robotic, sedated, more out of shape and unhappy Britney than she was during the FF era. I would've never believed how good she is nowadays, despite her lips, despite her tics onstage, despite the lipsynching, the ugly outfits.

POM has given us hope that she has the potential to get better in whatever project she makes in the future, if only she works with the right people, if she puts more enthusiasm in the rehearsals and stuff, but the truth is we never know what's gonna happen next. She may lose all the progress she's done if she takes a break for too long. So this could actually be the last time we see these little glimpses of that amazing performer she used to be, that we've seen lately in Vegas. In the next years we'll see if people don't regret bashing so much POM and start to appreciate  it only when it's already gone. But that's the same old story. Back in 2011, I would've never imagined anyone defending the FFT in the future, but here we are six years later with so many FFT fans  :mattafact: Just wait and see MM and PG videos, there comes a day when Exhale will be full of Make Me... and Pretty Girls videos appreciation threads, and such.

I don't see the same way at all. 

For FFT most ppl don't praise that tour. I personally just think the production m/theme was better. I rarely see ppl praise it outside of that. Ppl still have the same opinion on PG and MM. I don't see that changing. 

For Britney to have done the same thing for four years she should always be delivering great energy to her performances but yet most of the time it isn't good. 

Its just how I see it. Overall Vegas was a bad move for her career but good for her personally but it made her lazy. 

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I don't get how someone could think that. The difference between the fft and Pom 2.0 when it first started is huge.   I think it's strange how people forget how amazing she was, in February of last year, because hardly anyone talks about it anymore, yet people were losing their minds over it at first. It'll go down as one of the most forgotten meltdowns ever.  But It's a shame she didn't keep it up tbh, 

17 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I get it, but if she’s doing a video, at least smile and be authentic. She should really do nothing than these awful, insincere fluff pieces because she comes across as rude and simple.

In fact, her poor presence is probably getting more notice than a normal, decent persona would get because it’s so shockingly off.

I agree. It's so odd because she was much better in 2009 than she is now:

She would never do anything like this now. Yet, people keep saying that Vegas gave her confidence and made her better when if anything she has regressed in 2017. Vegas, both the show and the way it allows her to hide away when not working, has made her stiff and awkward. 

3 hours ago, Danishfan said:

I don't get how someone could think that. The difference between the fft and Pom 2.0 when it first started is huge.   I think it's strange how people forget how amazing she was, in February of last year, because hardly anyone talks about it anymore, yet people were losing their minds over it at first. It'll go down as one of the most forgotten meltdowns ever.  But It's a shame she didn't keep it up tbh, 

She got better for a little bit and she shows hope once in a while.

But once in a while... she has had four years to master and slay moves. Which she currently isn't. 

So I mean Pom really didn't help overall. Ppl will just make up excuses for it. 

17 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

I agree. It's so odd because she was much better in 2009 than she is now:

She would never do anything like this now. Yet, people keep saying that Vegas gave her confidence and made her better when if anything she has regressed in 2017. Vegas, both the show and the way it allows her to hide away when not working, has made her stiff and awkward. 

Omg totally forgot about this.

what happened at the beginning of ff era is still a mistery. She never fully recovered from that.

:sobbing:

Archived