GMA video: Britney Spears to end her Las Vegas residency on New Year's Eve

Marcanthony

28 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

It's been pointed out before, but Britney comes across as a person who desperately does not want to be famous.

There's endless things that could have been done differently but seem in retrospect to be somewhat intentional.

If she's really happier than she's ever been right now, as many have lost interest in her, then it's no real surprise or coincidence. 

There's just an unfortunate dichotomy with her and her fans.

I get it, but if she’s doing a video, at least smile and be authentic. She should really do nothing than these awful, insincere fluff pieces because she comes across as rude and simple.

In fact, her poor presence is probably getting more notice than a normal, decent persona would get because it’s so shockingly off.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Her attitude is so passive aggressive. :ponderney:

It's like she's only willing to give 100% if she gets her own way -- almost like it's a subliminal personal message to her Team more than anything.

(Or maybe to her fans, but I'm willing to bet it more towards her Team.)

I think her team. Maybe her team had a deal with ABC or GMA. She really din give a **** and din even say anything about it ending:ineedthetruth:

3 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I get it, but if she’s doing a video, at least smile and be authentic. She should really do nothing than these awful, insincere fluff pieces because she comes across as rude and simple.

In fact, her poor presence is probably getting more notice than a normal, decent persona would get because it’s so shockingly off.

The fact is Britney LOVES being irrelevant, which is understandably contrary to what her fans want.

I mean, she said earlier this year she has issues being famous and now wants to be very private.  Which is fine.  It's just that going forward she needs to put in far greater effort into her shows/meet and greets if she still wants to do this.

Guest Brichney.
4 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

Time to celebrate :bang:

But that video she sent them is cringe-worthy AF:notfeelinit:

I can't believe she had to read them two lines from a sign or something. :imok:

54 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

:nopingout:

For me Vegas has been a nightmare since the start. I hoped seeing it live would change my mind but it didn't. 

For me it just kept getting better, until earlier this year, but it's still better than the beginning of the residency.

We've never been able to see her perform this much, and continously in any past era. If she went to tour for BJ, we wouldn't have had that many performances, and there wouldn't have been the evolution she started to show since late 2015. Of course too much of something always ends up being prejudicial, their mistake was not keeping revamping the show, changing the numbers, the songs, the choreos, and the few things they changed or scrapped were mostly for the worse, except for getting rid of the wigs. 

Another mistake was not incorporating more songs from BJ back in the day, and Glory later, but I was very happy she was performing her classic songs again, Crazy, Stronger, Oops, Lucky, after so many years. Then ILRNR with the revamp, the first performance ever of BTI, etc. 

The residency isn't that bad, not as bad as everybody in here wants to make it seem. I'd take the **** explosions or the butt wipings any day before the depressing performances from the FFT. If she ever goes touring in the future, for more successful that it is, it won't last more than a few months. We'll never have her performing this often, so there's a very, very boring future ahead of us as fans in the following years. 

Archived