Which Britney song do you wish you could listen to for the first time again?

Urbanney

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Between 3 and Hold It Against Me.

I just remember being so anxious for both of them. 3 we’d heard all these crazy religious rumors and there was so much anticipation of how controversial the song would be. Fake lyric leaks and everything. When it premiered on Elvis Duran, it was just the most infectious track. The prechorus. That drop in the second chorus. The bridge. It was all too much.

Hold It Against Me pretty much the same. I remember the demo leaked and by that time we were so so so thirsty for a new era. That breakdown and Britney’s “hazaaaay” and the whole dubstep mix. Insanity.

As far as the internet and experiencing new music with other pop fans, the whole Circus-Femme Fatale time period is unmatched. Like everyone, not just the Army, was paying attention. I don’t know if I’ll ever experience anything like that again. :kyliecry:

Omg I stayed up late to listen to it too. I just remember how fresh it was and how good her vocals sounded on the verses.

Stronger along with the music video:urite:

I still remember the first time i listened to that song with the visual in early 2002 and i just kept quiet cause i was mindblown by the combination and how it was dark and Britney looked gorgeous and the song sounded so powerful on the choruses and extremely good overall:tiffsniffle:

Guest Diamond Horse

I am not suuuure about which song I liked from the beginning. 

But I used to be madly in love with 3.

And I would like to love Pretty Girls again 

Also, I would like to be delusional about BJ, it is possible to think it is quite a sweet album 

BTW I was not impressed with Make Me at all on the first listen. It sounded generic. I don't know why now

I used to have this special energy around Britney for a while, it was very natural, but sometimes I thought that every listen should be special. Now I am not idolizing so much, but there is also less stress.

2 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

I'm actually not going to go from anything from her older or popular stuff-- just State of Grace. That song resonated with my soul and was so peaceful and pleasing to my ears the first time I heard it. :nynod:

The BO leaks was such a surprise because I didn't expect them. I remember hearing Radar and being obsessed. 

Her earlier singles because I was young at the time so I felt like I couldn't really experience it for the first time like I do when I listen to music now. Especially BOMT, YDMC, OIDIA, Stronger, Slave, Overprotected and Toxic

Work ***** - it was an incredible feeling listening to this song for the first time. I'd love to reexperience that! 

Archived