Is anybody getting a bit over the 'Britney' image?

indyRS

7 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

You sure? 

Listen: Britney is consistently lazy, has destroyed her reputation as an entertainer and lost a large percentage of her fan base and support from the general public. That’s kind of her thing now. 

Believe me, when she does something worth talking about, I’ll be the first one there lapping it up. 

I'll wait :whitney:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

her image is of a typical pop star, the image which she herself made popular in the industry, she just needs to change the content of her songs to a more mature theme then just *** , and another thing is singing live at least the ballads, live singing is a must, she made headlines all over the world when she sang "something to talk about" while keeping her 'popstar' image so she needs to sing live more often, and we do know she is not  bad in singing (better than or on par with Selena, katy, taylor, rihanna) unlike her dancing skills which have become questionable 

3 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

Primeney was badass, currentney is a Barbie, that's the main difference.

It's not about the hair colour or what she sings about, it's about her attitude.

You cannot reply with "I don't know, I think it's just a song" when someone asks you what a song of yours is about

Not that I'm defending her not being involved in her music, but she was like 17 when she recorded Oops....I doubt she looks at Oops as her magnum opus and as some message that has to be explained.

18 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Not that I'm defending her not being involved in her music, but she was like 17 when she recorded Oops....I doubt she looks at Oops as her magnum opus and as some message that has to be explained.

Yeah, but you don't say "I don't know", it makes you look dumb, especially because the song has an explicit meaning. She could've said "It's quite obvious" or "It's about somebody having feelings for you, when you don't feel the same"

11 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

Yeah, but you don't say "I don't know", it makes you look dumb, especially because the song has an explicit meaning. She could've said "It's quite obvious" or "It's about somebody having feelings for you, when you don't feel the same"

true, but I genuinely do believe that she was awkward when talking about her own music (especially stuff that was so mass marketed when she was so young), as in, she just finds it all so cringey now. Even in 2013, she was like this (when she wouldnt' do the choreography to Oops), and it was left out of two tours (one of which was a massive comeback).

I think she's just over oops and would rather give nothing then try and force it, like when she says the snake was a crazy idea and stupid. 

8 hours ago, indyRS said:

That's why we liked Blackout. She had dark hair, darker music, it was a change and it was rather nice!

It wasn't much of a change. You say "darker" because of the beats but it was still *** club music... it didn't really tackle anything dark.  It was just edgier looking Britney,  same *** music. :jtum: 

I agree. :brityes:

The GP and fans have seen everything from the ****-blonde-popstar brand/image she's giving the last 20 years. 

An album with more mature themes, a more daring, alternative and less mainstream sound is without a doubt what she needs.

A less sexier image, and a different look is going to bring interest from the GP and the media. 

BUT, sadly I really do think that she's comfortable with her cheesy, ****, immature sound and image. AND, sadly as well, I don't think she wants to be popular, or successful like she used to be. 

SO, let's just not think about all that, and accept the fact that she's going to fade slowly and be remember as a successful Popstar from the 90's and 00's who had a very very controversial breakdown. 

:waitwhat:

10 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Britney's hair colour was NOT the reason we liked Blackout. 

GTFO :whitney:

But yes, her whole image needs a revamp. 

Lip syncing with boring and easy choreo? Not suitable in 2017 :gross:

I know that wasn't the sole reason. You know what I meant...

It's not that I'm tired of the "Britney" image. It's just that the "Britney" image doesn't really suit her anymore.

Primeney's image was *** appeal, choreography, and visual aesthetic. Her work and artistry was all about looks. Her fame and power relied on her looks.

She doesn't have any of those anymore. 

**** was her sole purpose as an artist. She was/is not a singer. She can't do **** anymore, because she doesn't feel **** anymore, and it comes off awkward and forced when she does it now.

Without the *** appeal, there is no Britney Spears.

So, she has to find her new thing. It could be actual singing.

Of course, she doesn't have to belt songs like a vocalist to be considered a "singer."

She just has to sing. :imok:

It could be a totally different sound, where she wouldn't have to be "popstar" anymore because she's obviously not very good at it these days.

She could explore different music genres. I would love an album influenced with synth, ambient, or trance.

And Then We Kiss is my all time fave song of hers for that reason.  That song is amazing. :anxiety:

Brinny re-invent yourself queen. Time for a refresh. We're waiting :bigkiss:

12 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

Primeney was badass, currentney is a Barbie, that's the main difference.

It's not about the hair colour or what she sings about, it's about her attitude.

You cannot reply with "I don't know, I think it's just a song" when someone asks you what a song of yours is about

Badassney

:tear:   We miss you so bad

I disagree about her music, she does not need to sing more mature songs... in fact, she needs to go back to her club banger songs if she wants to get back the GP. Glory was perfection but I know lots of people (including fans and non-fans) who didn't like it and said "It is Britney, I expect her to make me want to dance and party". I don't care if it is ***

Just yesterday was a proof of that when I was in a birthday party of a straight guy so the party was pretty much average people (GP), and when I was about to leave, Womanizer started playing and EVERYONE was singing it to a point that I just stayed some minutes looking around with my "Wow" face. Or look at Scream and Shout, club banger and very GP friendly (Yeah, it was Will's but everyone thought it was Britney's).

HIAM... Club banger.... Hit.
TTWE... Club banger... Hit.
IWG... Club banger... Hit.
SnS... Club banger... Hit.
WB... Club banger.... Hit.

By hit I don't mean charts, I mean songs that everyone knows it and recognises it as a Britney songs.

Archived