"Outrageous" as it would have appeared in Catwoman

VeryCool

So last week at a second hand shop in LA I stumbled across a Jive Records CD with CATWOMAN Outrageous (JXL Film Remix) - Britney Spears. written on it. I was SCREAMING at the discovery and popped it into my old computer to see what it was. 

s-l1600.jpg

It appears to be the very remix that was intended to be used in the film before Knee Knee hurt herself! Having never seen the movie before, I looked online to see which part Scandalous (the song chosen to replace Outrageous) was featured in, and it makes total sense.

The scene they use Scandalous in is when Halle Berry is on the basketball court, hence why part of the Outrageous video takes place on a basketball court. I did a real quick edit job with the scene and uploaded part of it to Twitter to show what may have been. Enjoy this snippet! 

Also laughing at this old info I came across while I was reading about the video today: 

https://absolutebritney.com/celebrating-12-years-of-outrageous-britney-spears-with-interesting-facts/

E! News apparently said: “Britney Spears did not want to do the music video. She was just coming from Europe; she was very tired. But she had a contractual obligation because it’s for the movie, ‘Catwoman.’ The video, the whole plot of it was Britney Spears was being mugged in New York and Catwoman comes to the rescue.” The concept idea changed as Britney strongly disliked it. Rumours also surfaced that Britney wanted to release ‘Breathe On Me’ first and a video had already been shot before plans rolled out, in order for ‘Outrageous’ to coincide with the ‘Catwoman’ movie release. This was also never confirmed or denied by Britney’s team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg thanks for this!!! I’ll have to listen to it when I have the time, on my phone atm and don’t have any suitable headphones either (iPhone 7 probs :mcorangu:

I read that rumour too but I’m not sure if it’s true or not. I do think Britney was tired though as she had just flown from Europe the day before the video shoot commenced. 

breathe on me video also scrapped... !

Wait.. recently Britney talked about Breathe on me because of her instagram videos she put out dancing in a bikini, cant remember if she said "I NEVER DID a video for that song" or "I NEVER RELEASED a video for that song"...

hahaha ok now im getting neurotic...

1 hour ago, Body ache said:

That is soooooo cool. If you think about it if Catwoman never happened, Britney would have never injured her knee. :kyliecry:

you know thats the real downward point that very moment started it all if you ask me.. and i wouldnt be shocked if she over used pain pills  bit at the time .. just fear of reinjury is enough to make people take it a little easy 

1 hour ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

you know thats the real downward point that very moment started it all if you ask me.. and i wouldnt be shocked if she over used pain pills  bit at the time .. just fear of reinjury is enough to make people take it a little easy 

I've never thought about it, but it makes total sense :ponderney:

I wonder about what would be different if the knee injury hadn't happened more than I should. 

If the video was finished and released, it probably would've been one of her sexier ones, as we've seen the trench coat outfit, as well as the Snoop scene. With the video, and the promo from the film, the song def would've charted a lot higher, I read somewhere it was really popular with the gp at the time. 

The Onyx Tour would've continued as planned, BOM and probably Boom Boom would've been released as singles, Brit would've performed at the 04 vmas, so she would've won best female video and possibly video of the year. 

And that's just stuff we've heard was planned for the zone era, who knows what would've happened next. 

To be fair, the film sucked serious donkey balls and flopped hard, so I'm actually glad Outrageous wasn't in it. (I mean, aside from not actually being about Catwoman/Selina Kyle, it won Worst Actress, Worst Picture, Worst Director, and Worst Screenplay Razzie wise.) I do wish Onyx/ITZ era hadn't gone the way it had, but that's one thing I'm counting my blessing on. :groovin: (Unless you look at it from the POV Body Ache mentioned.... :( )

2 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

I wonder about what would be different if the knee injury hadn't happened more than I should. 

If the video was finished and released, it probably would've been one of her sexier ones, as we've seen the trench coat outfit, as well as the Snoop scene. With the video, and the promo from the film, the song def would've charted a lot higher, I read somewhere it was really popular with the gp at the time. 

The Onyx Tour would've continued as planned, BOM and probably Boom Boom would've been released as singles, Brit would've performed at the 04 vmas, so she would've won best female video and possibly video of the year. 

And that's just stuff we've heard was planned for the zone era, who knows what would've happened next. 

Things would have turned out so differently. She probably wouldn't have married Kevin. If anything they would have got married the following year.

Archived