Britney, Celine, Demi And More Band Together In The "Igual" Video To Help End Violence Against The LGBTQ Community In Brazil

Jordan Miller

• Leader
igual-britney-demi-celine.jpg

Pop stars unite.

Hate crimes against the LGBTQ community in Brazil are at an all-time high. To raise awareness on the frightening and cruel violence, Brazilian pop singer Yann managed to get some of music's biggest superstars to appear in his music video for "Igual." The song is a beautiful ballad that serves as an anthem for change.

Britney Spears, Boy George, Céline Dion, Chelsea Handler, Demi Lovato, Diplo, Dita Von Teese, Jason Mraz, Lorde, Melanie C, MØ, Tegan Quinn, The Chainsmokers and more make cameos in it.

“Unfortunately, most of the world isn’t aware that Brazil is an incredibly dangerous place for the LGBTI+ community," said Yann via MuuMuse.com. "It was important for me to help shine a stronger light on what’s happening here, because Brazil’s actually the country with the highest LGBTI+ ****** rate in the world. Yet, all of this is disguised under our dichotomous liberal lifestyle.”

He added: “Our plurality is awe-inspiring, so it would never be possible to truly represent every facet of our diversity, but I hope that this song and the support of everyone involved will bring more visibility for us to continue to fight towards changing the real situation of what’s being done to our LGBTI+ community. The goal with all this international support is to raise global awareness to what’s happening here. These are also issues being faced by our community in most of the world.”

All proceeds from the sales/streaming of the single go towards assisting Brazil's LGBTQ community. Watch below:

Thoughts on the "Igual" video? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this on Facebook this morning, and didn't remember reading it here.

So she's supposed to appear in a music video by this Brazilian singer, Yann, whoever he/she is, along with Celine, Demi and other artists. For what I get it's about supporting the LGBT community.

I found this link, but it won't load for me here at my job

https://www.vagalume.com.br/news/2017/11/07/britney-spears-celine-dion-e-demi-lovato-estarao-em-clipe-do-brasileiro-yann.html

And I can't translate it :P 

If some Brazilian exhalers are in here, please tell us more 

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-RwY-d0Qo4

From Google Chrome's automatic translation:

The Brazilian Yann got a lot done. The carioca convinced stars like Britney Spears , Demi Lovato and Céline Dion to participate in his new clip. The three artists appeared in the video of "Igual" when they learned that it was a manifesto against the increasing violence suffered by the LGBT population in Brazil. Another 23 personalities, including Brazilian and international, will also be in the video that will debut tomorrow (8). 

Yann is the son of actress Claudia Alencar and has recently released the EP "Between the End and the Rest". In addition to performing at several clubs in New York when he lived in the city, he also won the "Diesel Music World Cup" in 2011.

See the clip of "Love", music that he recorded with the participation of the actress Mariana Ximenes:

I'm brazilian, i can help with it!

The text says that Britney, Demi and Celine decided to appear on the video because the video supports the LGBT community and the song + video is about the violence that this coumminty suffers. It also says that others 23 celebs will appear on the video =P.

I live here and his is a new artist, never heard about him before, i'm very exicted!

(Sorry for the bad english)

It's so weird that they were able to approach Britney Spears, and so many other artists, if he's new in the industry. They say he's the son of some actress right? But what kind of influences can she have to achieve something like that?

I guess this is the closest to a music video we'll get from Britney this year though (and in a long time too)

I suppose it's gonna be super short like Britney just saying a couple of words and a cute pose like :cutesybrit: Or maybe they'll be holding some kind of paper with a hashtag. Probably it's just a picture of her with a message.

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's so weird that they were able to approach Britney Spears, and so many other artists, if he's new in the industry. They say he's the son of some actress right? But what kind of influences can she have to achieve something like that?

I guess this is the closest to a music video we'll get from Britney this year though (and in a long time too)

I suppose it's gonna be super short like Britney just saying a couple of words and a cute pose like :cutesybrit: Or maybe they'll be holding some kind of paper with a hashtag. Probably it's just a picture of her with a message.

Yeah,but his mom is not that popular though. Maybe is the record label that made this approach, i dont know to be honest... I'll try to find more info in some brazilian sites or forums!

Archived