Something I've noticed on a few media websites.

indyRS

Whether they are articles about her Vegas shows, wardrobe malfunctions, her donations to charitable organizations.

People tend to comment more if they have an armory of insults to throw at her.

If the article has no absolute material for them to trash (like her opening that new cancer campus a few days ago) nobody will really comment on it.

Why do people come out of the wood work when they want to insult her, but stay hush on good things.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

considering how she currently delivers career wise u would think she would receive more backlash now than when she was in her prime. she gets a free pass for a shitload of things all because of the "breakdown" :mj: but i get what u are saying i mean people were complaining about her lips & dress in the thread about her charity work :mj:

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That’s how it is for every celebrity though. People watch like vultures until they take the slightest tumble from their pedestal so they can be thrown to the wolves. It’s just how the celebrity culture is.

I suppose you're right.

I love that many people have said that they are happy she's having a good life nowadays, I just wish everyone were on that wavelength..

2 minutes ago, indyRS said:

I suppose you're right.

I love that many people have said that they are happy she's having a good life nowadays, I just wish everyone were on that wavelength..

Even in her prime when she was considered the best contemporary pop star, she was still getting hate.

”teen *****”

”lip syncer”

”overpaid ********”

”white trash barbie”

There’s always going to be some haters, those comment sections are cesspools where people just go to vent the nasty thoughts they cannot say in public or to anyone else that actually gives a ****. Don’t take it seriously, we know she’s beautiful and kind, that’s all that matters.

24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Even in her prime when she was considered the best contemporary pop star, she was still getting hate.

”teen *****”

”lip syncer”

”overpaid ********”

”white trash barbie”

There’s always going to be some haters, those comment sections are cesspools where people just go to vent the nasty thoughts they cannot say in public or to anyone else that actually gives a ****. Don’t take it seriously, we know she’s beautiful and kind, that’s all that matters.

:bpout:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That’s how it is for every celebrity though. People watch like vultures until they take the slightest tumble from their pedestal so they can be thrown to the wolves. It’s just how the celebrity culture is.

Well, that is pretty much how human nature is in general and it just makes it easier for people to trash celebrities because it is on a bigger scale and almost everyone in the world knows them. 

Well, basically because: 

1. Its an anonymous way for people to talk **** so, who cares. 

2. She's a public figure, she is exposed to that, and even in her gold days, she was hated for other reasons, so she'll never win. That's why she is so disconnected to media and stuff. It does sound logical (and healthy somehow)  but on the other side it's her job so I feel frustrated about that, I'd like her to be constantly feeding us with Britney material (performances, interviews, appearances, magazine covers, etc) but I try to understand why she's so uninterested in being always exposed. She's been hated/loved her entire life that (I guess) either a compliment or an insult are nothing for her, she just remains unbothered :yeahsure:

That's how humans are in general. People love to bring other people down whether they're celebrities or just regular people. 

If I praise a person I know in front of other people, they all stay silent, but if I'm talking **** about a person they all join. Human nature I guess. 

5 hours ago, indyRS said:

Whether they are articles about her Vegas shows, wardrobe malfunctions, her donations to charitable organizations.

People tend to comment more if they have an armory of insults to throw at her.

If the article has no absolute material for them to trash (like her opening that new cancer campus a few days ago) nobody will really comment on it.

Why do people come out of the wood work when they want to insult her, but stay hush on good things.

to be fair, I bet that's everybody. Go to media sites for a person you're not familiar with and I bet people will be slamming the person for looking like ****, being stupid, being crazy, being trashy, etc. I think it's pointless. Why go and look up somebody you don't like? These people have that much time to waste on somebody they don't like instead of looking up somebody they actually like?! :girlwhat:

5 hours ago, Shadow. said:

considering how she currently delivers career wise u would think she would receive more backlash now than when she was in her prime. she gets a free pass for a shitload of things all because of the "breakdown" :mj: but i get what u are saying i mean people were complaining about her lips & dress in the thread about her charity work :mj:

Yeah, I give a pass to constructive criticism. There's a difference between being unhappy and discussing how she treats her career versus some of the stuff that hits below the belt. 

5 hours ago, CJMCH said:

Cuz...

tenor.gif

people love to criticize instead of compliment, it's like they feel better trying to put someone down

That gif of Britney pretty much nails it. I just don't have the patience to deal with it because there's a lot of sites where people will just jump on you for the smallest thing and try and make a big deal about it. I was on a Yahoo news story awhile back and was in an article about Paris Hilton and I made a comment about how she looks so much like Kim Richards when Kim was younger. I made a point of acknowledging that I know Paris and Kim are related because I knew some ******* would come back with "Duh, that's because they're related." I still had a nitpicker trying to start ****. It's just stupid. Idk if people are just going through a tough time irl and they just view the internet as a punching bag. Let me go and be an ******* behind a screen in order to work out some pressure. :nothavingit:

3 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Well, that is pretty much how human nature is in general and it just makes it easier for people to trash celebrities because it is on a bigger scale and almost everyone in the world knows them. 

I think the sickening thing is when people do a flip when a celebrity they used to slam ends up dying and then that person acts like they were the biggest fan of that person. The *** kissing just nauseates me imo. Idk which one is worse--if people do the *** kissing or if they're making jokes. It bothered me when George Michael died and people were making jokes about it was his last Christmas after all. It leaves me unsettled because the man really died. It's not like he's on a tv show or movie and his character died. 

Another thing that bothered me is when the people left behind are harassed. I apologize if I'm stepping on my soap box here. If a mod wants me to delete this post completely, I'll do it. No hard feelings on my end. It also bothered me when Robin Williams committed suicide and people were harassing his family. I think one stupid thing mentioned was "Why don't you have more pictures of Robin on your social media account?!" I know I sarcastically posted that maybe the family uses those old fashioned things of a photo albums and picture frames. And I realize when a person commits suicide, it brings a lot of the judgmental ******** out about the person being a coward, going to hell, etc. A lot of people just have the ability to be cruel ******** and I guess that's just the best way to word it.

45 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Well, basically because: 

1. Its an anonymous way for people to talk **** so, who cares. 

2. She's a public figure, she is exposed to that, and even in her gold days, she was hated for other reasons, so she'll never win. That's why she is so disconnected to media and stuff. It does sound logical (and healthy somehow)  but on the other side it's her job so I feel frustrated about that, I'd like her to be constantly feeding us with Britney material (performances, interviews, appearances, magazine covers, etc) but I try to understand why she's so uninterested in being always exposed. She's been hated/loved her entire life that (I guess) either a compliment or an insult are nothing for her, she just remains unbothered :yeahsure:

If only she could be like Adele... That woman keeps out of the media unless it is about her music. Britney was so young when she started, so she had no filter and idea of the dangers of being open were. She also had so many endorsement deals back in her prime, so she just overexposed herself so much too. 

She was young, so it was natural she would say yes to everything. She could now learn how to stay out of the media's radar and still make great music. 

5 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

I think the sickening thing is when people do a flip when a celebrity they used to slam ends up dying and then that person acts like they were the biggest fan of that person. The *** kissing just nauseates me imo. Idk which one is worse--if people do the *** kissing or if they're making jokes. It bothered me when George Michael died and people were making jokes about it was his last Christmas after all. It leaves me unsettled because the man really died. It's not like he's on a tv show or movie and his character died. 

Another thing that bothered me is when the people left behind are harassed. I apologize if I'm stepping on my soap box here. If a mod wants me to delete this post completely, I'll do it. No hard feelings on my end. It also bothered me when Robin Williams committed suicide and people were harassing his family. I think one stupid thing mentioned was "Why don't you have more pictures of Robin on your social media account?!" I know I sarcastically posted that maybe the family uses those old fashioned things of a photo albums and picture frames. And I realize when a person commits suicide, it brings a lot of the judgmental ******** out about the person being a coward, going to hell, etc. A lot of people just have the ability to be cruel ******** and I guess that's just the best way to word it.

Well, like I said, I feel that judgment comes to regular, everyday people as well but because celebrities are huge, the fame world brings on what human nature really is about because it is on a bigger scale. 

I completely understand what you are saying. Even if I don't say something offensive, I get attacked and bullied for simple, non insulting things, so I can't imagine being a famous person, dying or committing suicide and my family having to suffer from cruelty. It is very sad and I wish it did not exist but unless we put ourselves other people's shoes, we are just left making mean comments and never paying the consequences because we feel untouchable. It's sad that people think it is ever okay to harass another person. 

They are human, even if they a "celebrity".

That is really truly disgusting. My prayers have always been to George Michael and Robin Williams and their families. People can be so cruel

3 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

If only she could be like Adele... That woman keeps out of the media unless it is about her music. Britney was so young when she started, so she had no filter and idea of the dangers of being open were. She also had so many endorsement deals back in her prime, so she just overexposed herself so much too. 

She was young, so it was natural she would say yes to everything. She could now learn how to stay out of the media's radar and still make great music. 

Well, it's so different tbh. 

1. Britney's success wasn't entirely due to her singing talent unlike Adele. She was a POPSTAR which implies multiple features such as image, dancing, charisma, looking, promotion, etc. So it would be stupid to complain to media for messing with you personal life when it was what actually made you being a popstar. 

2. Adele IS a successful singer but Britney was a pop music phenomenon. It went out of control. Her audiences were way different. Adele is targeted to an average young audience while Britney was targeted to teenagers (or even younger people). 

3. Music industry was completely different. Sadly or Luckly she crossed the bridge from one generation where we used to consume music and artists from tv, magazines and actual physical albums  to the next one where everything is so fast with social networking and streaming sites. Quoting Larry from IABJ: "she was one of the 1st celebrities affected by the new massive change in medie culture". They (media) used to overreact at everything, now a music scandal wouln't last more than 1 or 2 months and then, there will be another fun Hollywood story to talk about.  

Just an opinion. :brityes:

Archived