Stanning or fan-girling fan since [insert year]

ifuseekamy_

10 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

Cute story to share... I became a fan when I was 15 in 1999 so I feel you about feeling like I could be a dad for some of the member here. We've been pretty much through it all and continue to stan for this legend. :crying1:

:dead:

we´re so old :jlostare:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, STARTWINK said:

II'm kinda jealous of y'all stans who had a chance to experience Britney at her prime....

tenor.gif

i wish I could have gotten to see Britney’s prime so much :crying1: such an era for pop culture

OP: I became a stan last year, I always knew who she was but never really cared about her until I watched X-Factor (the one she was a judge in) and became interested in her. From there I watched the Toxic (ABC Special) performance, and both her VMAs performance (Slave 2001 and Oops 2000) she was just the epitome of a pop star to me but I didn’t really listen to her music and see how good it is until last year. The BBMAs sparked my interest in her again so I became a stan with that performance.

I guess I'm a youngling on here seeing as I was only born about a month before Slave was released! I don't remember the exact moment I became a fan but I remember when I was about 12 I fell in love with her music and I Wanna Go was the song that pulled me into wanting to hear more of her music. She didn't release music for awhile so I kinda forgot about her but then teasers and photos of Work ***** were coming out and I was really excited and I loved that song but I didn't really stick with her music, once again. I became a really big Britney stan early in 2017 and I'm not even sure what made me but I just fell in love with her discography and ever since then I am known as the biggest Britney fan in Northern Maine (not many people and everybody knows everybody). It really bums me out that I never got to see her in her prime or during her comeback. This is why I'm hoping so much that B10 is a commercial success because I would love for my friends (in the GP) to listen to a new Britney song and not know her as an artist from the past.  

8 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I was in love with her ever since i saw her on mtv in 1999, i was 7 then. I even learned the dance and all, thats when my mum knew her son was a gay boy:brit: i started staning insanely after her snake performance at the vmas :mhm: i remember seeing her as some sort of deity. I couldnt believe my own eyes such perfection even existed :omg: i was shooketh

That snake performance really was something else! Made me pretty sad to realize later on when she said she regretted that performance. I have a pic of me somewhere full-on snake around my neck trying to have a Britney moment - not gonna lie it was kind of scary  :lmao:

6 hours ago, AndyPoo91 said:

1999.... I’m from London and BOMT came out in 99’ here not 98’

I envy you! London is my favorite place I've ever been lucky enough to visit!!! At 7 years old I used to tell my classmates I was from London and I would try to fake the most ridiculous British accent so I could feel like one of the Spice Girls. They were my very first obsession, then Brit filled the hole in my heart after Geri left. Your accent must be amazing :embarrassed: 

5 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

My first Britney memory.... Let's see. I can't remember seeing the BOMT video for the first time, I just remember it happening. I also can't remember buying the album: but I had it, so it also happened at some point. My first real memory is my friends and I having to pick a popular song to cover in English class, and us picking (You Drive Me) Crazy and changing it to Adverbs Drive Me Crazy. I vaguely remember the 1999 VMAs; the memory seared into my brain the best there is the 2000 VMAs. (I also remember one of my "frienemies" knowing the lyrics to Oops before I did, and me taking it as a challenge to buy the album as soon as it dropped so I could learn every song by heart before she did.)

I was thirteen when BOMT the album came out, btw. I'd be less inclined to share that if I didn't know she had other thirty (one) year old fans here.

Your pics are too cute, by the way!

(Randomly, I also wanted to be a teacher and it didn't work out, so I feel you there!)

Thats why I'm so glad I made this topic......if everyone was significantly younger than I was I was going to decide I was too old for this & leave. I'm just glad I'm not the only Brit fan who feels old to be here  :crying2:

4 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

nice BOMT costume, and i feel the jealous ones who didnt get to see primeney

i became a stan in early 2013 before my 12th birthday, i had always been really interested in the britney legend. Like i remember the "Britney Britney" character on fairly odd parents, and i remember the BOMT scene in robots and my mom was like "we dont sing britney spears, shes trashy" and then id ask why and shed tell me the story of this teenager that became like the biggest star, but then became trashy and went crazy. and i always wondered why, and what happened to her after. so one day i looked her up and started going music video by music video, and the rest is history. I remember just as i had watched the S&S remix video, i saw on wikipedia that "ooh la la" was coming out, and i was sooo excited. 

Thank you! Awww your one of the babies! I think it's cool that so many people started becoming fans after her prime though because I think she has a lot of fans who followed her in her prime who wouldn't even consider themselves her fans anymore. 

I was hooked since I saw the Baby One More Time video on MTV or The Box... and it was on at least every hour! I wanna say it was January '99 because she didn't release it over here in the UK until February that year and I can remember pestering the local music store for about a month asking if it was in. I was 17 at the time, trained in dance my whole childhood so I could instantly relate to her and her music. Although I can remember feeling disappointed when I got her album because I wanted more dance stuff... so it was a case of Baby, Crazy, Stop, Restart, Baby, Crazy, Stop, Restart for weeks :| (Born To Make You Happy got the odd listen too though so I was chuffed when she released that over here).

When Sometimes came out, I was so pi**ed that she didn't release Crazy, that every time any of my friends played it, I couldn't help but verbalise how blah the song was. Then came The Stop Remix! and girl couldn't do no wrong (...BJ, PG and some other choices being obvious exceptions).

For those who feel they missed out not being a fan through her prime, sadly I think both has it's disadvantages. For me, I love what Britney has given me growing up, but it sets a higher expectation when it comes to her music, performances and hard work ethic, which, as she gets older and has more personal priorities, is impossible to appease. So as much as I still love her music, I struggle to be AS interested as I once was. But like other acts I've been a fan of through my lifetime, I won't stop being a fan because they aren't doing what I'd personally like. Because at some point they did something that enriched my life in some way, and ya gotta be thankful for that.

17 hours ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

yayyyyyy I was scared nobody would reply to my topic, and I'm so glad to see another fan whose been there since 1999 for it all and that there's no way that you could be my child  :clap1:  

Awesome!! I've been stanning since 1998 when baby one time was released as a single! My 13 yr old self was crazy buying multiple copies of BOMT albums and my infatuation just got deeper as the years progressed! I remember recording on VHS the 1999,2000, and 2001 VMA's!! I think I kept a VHS player just for those tapes!:giggleney: 

I did a Britney dance for  my senior  talent show in high school!! I've seen her tour DWAD, Onyx, circus, and femme Fatale. I would love to see Vegas but its just won't happen!! I've been a Britney fan through the thick and thin!! Even though I've received ridicule!! :quirkney: its cool I'm a Britney fan in my 30's and not afraid to admit it!! 

WELCOME!! :carpoolney:

I still remember the sunny day and the exact spot where one of my friends told me about Britney. It must have been the summer of 98 because I remember I wasn't in school yet and I started school that same year at the age of 7. What happened was my friend ran up to me super excited and was like omg I just watched a music video from this singer (and she showed me her palm with Britney Spears written on it). She was saying how awesome that singer was and was telling me what the video was about (girl in high school dressed with a school uniform dancing around the hallway and in the school gym). So I got really hyped up from what she said and I was super eager to watch that video. Of course the only way back then was to watch MTV all day and wait for it, which I did. But the actual moment when I saw it was when I put mTV on somewhat after the beginning of the song so while i was watching the video I was like OMG this looks like the video that my friend told me about. I was thinking how beautiful the singer was and how awesome the song sounded and how much I wanted to be her. And of course just before the song ended they put the name of singer and the song on the screen. I was so thrilled when I saw it and realised it was the same as my friend showed me ( bear in mind I was only 7 and didn't know English very well so I had had remembered how the name was looking) . And that was the day I became a stan. After that I managed to make some other friends of mine fan of hers and we all started stabbing by collecting pics from magazines nd looking for everything britney. I still remember two magazines called 100% Britney Spears. Can you imagine? A whole magazine about Brit. It was heaven. Unfortunately at the end I was the only one that stayed a big fan of hers. I was listening to her music non stop and because of that my parents to his date hate her. (Altho my mum always listens to me talking about her and seeing the videos I send her) . I remember making three dances one to Toxic one to Overprotected and one to what you see. They were sooo cool but Sadly I just remember only one move from the third one and to this day I regret not having any videos of them back in the day.  Britney was my inspiration for dancing and I awe my (kinda) talent to her. Have learned a lot of the moves from her concerts. Sadly for almost the 20 years I have been a stan I've never seen her live and I'm really sad about it especially now that I live in the UK and she is not doing any concerts. Have so much stuff I want to share with people and all about Brit so I'm really happy we have this forum to talk about everything Brit. 

6 hours ago, yorkster said:

I was hooked since I saw the Baby One More Time video on MTV or The Box... and it was on at least every hour! I wanna say it was January '99 because she didn't release it over here in the UK until February that year and I can remember pestering the local music store for about a month asking if it was in. I was 17 at the time, trained in dance my whole childhood so I could instantly relate to her and her music. Although I can remember feeling disappointed when I got her album because I wanted more dance stuff... so it was a case of Baby, Crazy, Stop, Restart, Baby, Crazy, Stop, Restart for weeks :| (Born To Make You Happy got the odd listen too though so I was chuffed when she released that over here).

When Sometimes came out, I was so pi**ed that she didn't release Crazy, that every time any of my friends played it, I couldn't help but verbalise how blah the song was. Then came The Stop Remix! and girl couldn't do no wrong (...BJ, PG and some other choices being obvious exceptions).

For those who feel they missed out not being a fan through her prime, sadly I think both has it's disadvantages. For me, I love what Britney has given me growing up, but it sets a higher expectation when it comes to her music, performances and hard work ethic, which, as she gets older and has more personal priorities, is impossible to appease. So as much as I still love her music, I struggle to be AS interested as I once was. But like other acts I've been a fan of through my lifetime, I won't stop being a fan because they aren't doing what I'd personally like. Because at some point they did something that enriched my life in some way, and ya gotta be thankful for that.

I feel the same way. Following her through from her prime has been such an awesome experience, especially because I feel like her music was such a big part of my childhood. But it definitely can have disadvantages like you said. It's not like we expect her to still be at the level she was at 18 years ago but sometimes it's hard seeing her look like a completely different person up there, the way she seems now when speaking in interviews and recordings it kind of makes me feel sad when I watch her. I just feel like she's over it and as much as we all want her to come out on top,  I'm just not sure it's what she really cares about anymore. 

I was 12 when BOMT came out and I was a fan instantly. I bought BOMT with my allowance and every album from then on. me and my best friend we kept scrapbooks in which we collected every picture and article about Britney we could find in magazines (we didn't have internet back then).

I became obsessed when I first saw the video for I'm a slave 4 u. I was so shocked to my core that I kept watching Mtv for 8 hours straight untill they played it again and I could videotape it (NOW I feel old). 

I don't feel old as a fan because Britney is always older than me. I would feel old if I was like a Selena Gomez fan or smthn. 

On 11/6/2017 at 12:27 AM, britney_rocks said:

Omg I love your story. And your BOMT outfit looks awesome. :urite:

I became a fan when I first saw BOMT on tv for the first time. But I became a Stan after her VMA 2000 performance. Still remains my favorite Britney perfomance to date and no other ***** has topped it yet. :lemmetellu:

Pretty much my story too

Archived