Stanning or fan-girling fan since [insert year]

ifuseekamy_

I'm new here & I'd like to make some friends. I've seen a few people mention how they were babies when Britney first came out with BOMT. I feel like I could be some of your mothers......:crying1: no, not really...... but almost. Maybe more like your cool aunt/babysitter. Maybe this post can prove me wrong and I can feel better.....or maybe it will just make me feel worse. Let's see - Share your first Brit memory, when you first became a fan & how old you are now. PICS GET YOU BONUS POINTS. 

I'll start :cutebrit:  Circa 1998, I had just turned 8 years old and saw BOMT on tv and decided right then and there that I was over my 8 yr old life ambition of becoming a teacher because I wanted to be her :gaspney: That didn't end up working out, neither did the teacher thing but it's all good. 

My mom took me to my very first Britney concert in 2000; LIFECHANGING for this 10 yr old. According to the timeline it had to have been her Oops tour but unfortunately I have a really shitty memory & don't remember hardly anything from the concert besides I think her having a bedroom set on stage, it's hard to really tell what I saw vs. what I've seen through the years in so many clips of her performances. My mom said I  couldn't believe I was really there and cried through most of it. I would later pay her back by taking my mom to Elton John & Rod Stewart so I think we're even. 

1917919_1155855020551_3062211_n.jpg

omggggggg WHAT a little dweeb hahahaha it's totally cool you can laugh at me. The matching shirts kill me lmfao, the button, and it looks like I'm holding her doll?

So it's been nineteen years of fan-girling :awks: although I have fit the description of a flop-fan at times I've followed her throughout and now I'm 27 and listening to her original songs off her very first album have never made me feel older. Is anyone here with me????? I wanna feel like it's cool to be older and still be a fan :awkblink: & obv I live for these emoticons......

& still wanting to be like Brit after all these years? Basically......(don't hate on me my costume was last minute and I didn't have the right leg warmers)

14606268_10207321601342283_2768661653137 

Thanks for sharing Brit fans/stans ***

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

I'm new here & I'd like to make some friends. I've seen a few people mention how they were babies when Britney first came out with BOMT. I feel like I could be some of your mothers......:crying1: no, not really...... but almost. Maybe more like your cool aunt/babysitter. Maybe this post can prove me wrong and I can feel better.....or maybe it will just make me feel worse. Let's see - Share your first Brit memory, when you first became a fan & how old you are now. PICS GET YOU BONUS POINTS. 

I'll start :cutebrit:  Circa 1998, I had just turned 8 years old and saw BOMT on tv and decided right then and there that I was over my 8 yr old life ambition of becoming a teacher because I wanted to be her :gaspney: That didn't end up working out, neither did the teacher thing but it's all good. 

My mom took me to my very first Britney concert in 2000; LIFECHANGING for this 10 yr old. According to the timeline it had to have been her Oops tour but unfortunately I have a really shitty memory & don't remember hardly anything from the concert besides I think her having a bedroom set on stage, it's hard to really tell what I saw vs. what I've seen through the years in so many clips of her performances. My mom said I  couldn't believe I was really there and cried through most of it. I would later pay her back by taking my mom to Elton John & Rod Stewart so I think we're even. 

1917919_1155855020551_3062211_n.jpg

omggggggg WHAT a little dweeb hahahaha it's totally cool you can laugh at me. The matching shirts kill me lmfao, the button, and it looks like I'm holding her doll?

So it's been nineteen years of fan-girling :awks: although I have fit the description of a flop-fan at times I've followed her throughout and now I'm 27 and listening to her original songs off her very first album have never made me feel older. Is anyone here with me????? I wanna feel like it's cool to be older and still be a fan :awkblink: & obv I live for these emoticons......

& still wanting to be like Brit after all these years? Basically......(don't hate on me my costume was last minute and I didn't have the right leg warmers)

14606268_10207321601342283_2768661653137 

Thanks for sharing Brit fans/stans ***

Cute story to share... I became a fan when I was 15 in 1999 so I feel you about feeling like I could be a dad for some of the member here. We've been pretty much through it all and continue to stan for this legend. :crying1:

Just now, 3isacharm said:

Cute story to share... I became a fan when I was 15 in 1999 so I feel you about feeling like I could be a dad for some of the member here. We've been pretty much through it all and continue to stan for this legend. :crying1:

yayyyyyy I was scared nobody would reply to my topic, and I'm so glad to see another fan whose been there since 1999 for it all and that there's no way that you could be my child  :clap1:  

5 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Omg I love your story. And your BOMT outfit looks awesome. :urite:

I became a fan when I first saw BOMT on tv for the first time. But I became a Stan after her VMA 2000 performance. Still remains my favorite Britney perfomance to date and no other ***** has topped it yet. :lemmetellu:

omg I could never forget that iconic performance either....... I'll never forget watching it at 10 yrs old and when she ripped off her clothes at first I thought she was completely naked and I was like :lanacackle: & then realized she wasn't. How old were you when you first became a fan?

21 minutes ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

omg I could never forget that iconic performance either....... I'll never forget watching it at 10 yrs old and when she ripped off her clothes at first I thought she was completely naked and I was like :lanacackle: & then realized she wasn't. How old were you when you first became a fan?

First time I saw the video I was 10 years old. At that age I was attracted to guys, but when I saw Britney in that video, I felt some thangs :madance::cinderellaney::TOMH:

nice story :giggleney:

i feel kinda bad not being old enough to remember the time and place when baby one more time was realeased bc i wasn't even a year old

but i remember i became a fan back when slave or even oops was out (i remember it was before ITZ bc i remember kinda clearly when toxic's video was released) and I've been a fan ever since, but i didn't really become a stan until like 2015 (before pretty girls) bc i heard piece of me was voted the best show in vegas, so i revisited her old albums and completely fell in love with her music and obsessed with her career and how much mystery there is to it 

49 minutes ago, STARTWINK said:

I became stan in 08. I remember everyone saying how she will flop,she won't be able to come back,she's over,... for some reason deep inside I really wanted her to succeed . Womanizer was released and I was slayed and I was listening to her entire music catalogue. There was something about that comeback that was satisfying and it just inspired me!!!

Since 2008 it's been rough being her stan but whenever I think about un-staning and how she doesn't give a **** about stans but in those moments I just remember how I became fan,her comeback, and how there is always a chance and you can always start over.

I'm kinda jealous of y'all stans who had a chance to experience Britney at her prime....

It was kind of an awesome thing to follow Brit through her whole career. Each of her albums can bring me back to a different time in my life and it gives me all these feels when I think about it. But I think it's actually really awesome that you became a stan at the time you did after seeing her at her absolute worst. The rest of the world was waiting to see her fail so it says something about your character. This was such a hard time for all of us as fans and as much as I hated seeing her out there like that, I felt like I had to follow those crazy videos every day to check on her. I literally used to have nightmares I would run into her at gas stations with the paparazzi. I literally was so afraid she was going to die :eheeek: I think this is totally when I became a true stan too because when she came out with the Circus tour.........I decided I would have my first Britney pit experience......on Long Island......then again in NYC.....and then again in London........I truly was just so happy that she was OK and so proud of her for putting herself back out there I was an emotional wreck going to see her :crying4: and by the time she came out with the Femme Fatale tour I couldn't even go because I was so broke. 

46 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

First time I saw the video I was 10 years old. At that age I was attracted to guys, but when I saw Britney in that video, I felt some thangs :madance::cinderellaney::TOMH:

hahahaha I soooooo can understand that, I feel like no matter your ***/sexuality how could you not be attracted to Brit???

43 minutes ago, The_Original_Toy said:

nice story :giggleney:

i feel kinda bad not being old enough to remember the time and place when baby one more time was realeased bc i wasn't even a year old

but i remember i became a fan back when slave or even oops was out (i remember it was before ITZ bc i remember kinda clearly when toxic's video was released) and I've been a fan ever since, but i didn't really become a stan until like 2015 (before pretty girls) bc i heard piece of me was voted the best show in vegas, so i revisited her old albums and completely fell in love with her music and obsessed with her career and how much mystery there is to it 

your one of the ones I was talking about :flawfree:  could have babysat you. You shouldn't feel bad for not being able to remember BMOT's release as a one year old. I mentioned above I went to Brit's concert at 10 years old and can't really remember anything from it?! Pretty sure that isn't normal...... What does that say about me??? Lol 

I liked her when BOMT came out, i was 5. Owned the cassette but i was too young to really care but I really became a stan during the Britney era. I had the Vegas dvd and once danced so hard I hit my head on a table and got a concussion

been a fan ever since- wow can’t believe I’m about to be 25 and been a fan for 20 years! Joined exhale when Scream and show came out

Love your story tbh and those photos are so cute and make for a compelling addition:cuteidk:

The first time i saw Britney was when her Crazy video was showing in late 1999 on tv and i was 10 and i remember loving the chair dance and trying to copy it with my twin sister haha. then i saw the Oops video in early 2000 and thought it was a good song and a great video, but the moment i deeply fell in love with her was when i was switching channels and suddenly catched a glimpse of her standing at the balcony in Lucky's MV and i remember being captivated by her beauty and how amazing the song was.

Bought my first Britney album which was my first album to buy overall when "Britney" came out and i remember falling in love with Overprotected and Cinderella and playing them over and over again:bopney: then my sister brought the live in hawaii special and it came with Stronger's MV and when i watched that i remember being quiet and speechless by how the song and the visual spoke to my core:sobbing: Bought the Oops album immediately after in early 2002 and went insane over Don't Go Knocking On My Door, What U See (Is What U Get), Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Can't Make You Love Me. During that period Overprotected music video was released and my country went crazy over her and that song which became her breakthrough single here and then my cable channel actually cut their broadcast to air Britney's Dream Within A Dream tour (yes! thats how Britney was a huge deal back then) and i was astonished by her ability as a live performer and the production of the tour and loved every minute of it but was a bit sad she didn't sing Cinderella!:yesokay:

Stopped caring about Western music that much when Pop died down in late 2002 and skipped ITZ era:meltdown: but i remember watching MATM video and a few scenes from Toxic.

The moment i starting stanning for her was in 2005 when my brother showed me a picture of her and My Prerogative MV was playing on tv and all those feelings came back strongly and watched everything she made from videos to tours and bought all her albums and loved them all and still do:wooney:

27 minutes ago, Daxx said:

I became a stan in 2011 and I feel so Iate to the party :forkit: I can't imagine what experiencing primeney must have been like, I'm kinda jealous tbh :idkney:

I know just for my mom to get tickets to her concert she slept in her car in the ticket booth parking because her tour was selling out so fast. How do you even begin to make something like that up to your mom? You just can't :( she really was in her prime in those days. I remember one Halloween (prob 1999) a bunch of girls in my class all dressed as BOMT schoolgirl outfit and we all fought over who looked the closest to her.........gotta find that pic somewhere, it was great. Anyway I was the only one with the pink fuzzy hair scrunchies and I felt like the true winner bc of that. I still think it's awesome Brit was able to gain so many stars later on that didn't really experience her in her prime.....kind of just shows how awesome she really is IMO. 

25 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I liked her when BOMT came out, i was 5. Owned the cassette but i was too young to really care but I really became a stan during the Britney era. I had the Vegas dvd and once danced so hard I hit my head on a table and got a concussion

been a fan ever since- wow can’t believe I’m about to be 25 and been a fan for 20 years! Joined exhale when Scream and show came out

yessssssss someone who is in my era. I like the sound of a cassette tape :walkonby: had plenty of those. And omg on the dancing hard enough to hit your head! I used to try & copy some of the choreography from her videos but once I realized how awful of a dancer I was I would just make up my own, easier, ridiculous choreography and teach it to my nieces and nephews, and then and force them to perform with me in front of our whole family. My nieces and nephews still hate me for this and I'm sure NO ONE in my family wanted to actually watch this - I can still remember the routine I made up for Satisfaction and it def had this move in it :bopney:  

5 minutes ago, dahum said:

Love your story tbh and those photos are so cute and make for a compelling addition:cuteidk:

The first time i saw Britney was when her Crazy video was showing in late 1999 on tv and i was 10 and i remember loving the chair dance and trying to copy it with my twin sister haha. then i saw the Oops video in early 2000 and thought it was a good song and a great video, but the moment i deeply fell in love with her was when i was switching channels and suddenly catched a glimpse of her standing at the balcony in Lucky's MV and i remember being captivated by her beauty and how amazing the song was.

bought my first Britney album which was my first album to buy overall when "Britney" came out and i remember falling in love with Overprotected and Cinderella and playing them over and over again:bopney: then i bought the Oops album and went insane over Stronger, Don't Go Knocking On My Door, What U See (Is What U Get), Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Can't Make You Love Me. a few months later my channel actually cut their broadcast to air Britney's Dream Within A Dream tour (yes! thats how Britney was a huge deal back then) and loved every minute of it but was a bit sad she didn't sing Cinderella!:yesokay:

Stopped caring about Western music that much when Pop died down in late 2002 and skipped ITZ era but i remember watching MATM video and a few scenes from Toxic.

the moment i starting stanning for her was in 2005 when my brother showed me a picture of her and all those feelings came back strongly and more and watched everything she made from videos to tours and bought all her albums and loved them all:wooney:

Thank you! Literally all the songs you mentioned I feel the same way about, particularly Lucky, Overprotected and omg Cinderella was my song back in the day. I also loved Brave New Girl and Anticipating and was obsessed with Lonely. Also, I literally thought Britney's version of I love Rock N Roll was the only one for years and when my brother told me it was a remake I was like :o and refused to listen to the original.......psycho child 

2 minutes ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

Thank you! Literally all the songs you mentioned I feel the same way about, particularly Lucky, Overprotected and omg Cinderella was my song back in the day. I also loved Brave New Girl and Anticipating and was obsessed with Lonely. Also, I literally thought Britney's version of I love Rock N Roll was the only one for years and when my brother told me it was a remake I was like :o and refused to listen to the original.......psycho child 

Looool me too!! Lonely was my JAM:myjam: Ugh we were so blessed with Primeney:scalped:

I was in love with her ever since i saw her on mtv in 1999, i was 7 then. I even learned the dance and all, thats when my mum knew her son was a gay boy:brit: i started staning insanely after her snake performance at the vmas :mhm: i remember seeing her as some sort of deity. I couldnt believe my own eyes such perfection even existed :omg: i was shooketh

7 hours ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

Share your first Brit memory, when you first became a fan & how old you are now.

My first Britney memory.... Let's see. I can't remember seeing the BOMT video for the first time, I just remember it happening. I also can't remember buying the album: but I had it, so it also happened at some point. My first real memory is my friends and I having to pick a popular song to cover in English class, and us picking (You Drive Me) Crazy and changing it to Adverbs Drive Me Crazy. I vaguely remember the 1999 VMAs; the memory seared into my brain the best there is the 2000 VMAs. (I also remember one of my "frienemies" knowing the lyrics to Oops before I did, and me taking it as a challenge to buy the album as soon as it dropped so I could learn every song by heart before she did.)

I was thirteen when BOMT the album came out, btw. I'd be less inclined to share that if I didn't know she had other thirty (one) year old fans here.

Your pics are too cute, by the way!

(Randomly, I also wanted to be a teacher and it didn't work out, so I feel you there!)

nice BOMT costume, and i feel the jealous ones who didnt get to see primeney

i became a stan in early 2013 before my 12th birthday, i had always been really interested in the britney legend. Like i remember the "Britney Britney" character on fairly odd parents, and i remember the BOMT scene in robots and my mom was like "we dont sing britney spears, shes trashy" and then id ask why and shed tell me the story of this teenager that became like the biggest star, but then became trashy and went crazy. and i always wondered why, and what happened to her after. so one day i looked her up and started going music video by music video, and the rest is history. I remember just as i had watched the S&S remix video, i saw on wikipedia that "ooh la la" was coming out, and i was sooo excited. 

Archived