They're Just Like Us?

Black_Out

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

Britney was marketed from day one as the relatable girl nextΒ  door. Its always been a thing. Thats a fact. Its that simple factor that she still exploits till this day. The nonexistent glam attitude and never being over the top.Β 

true, but that's not the case anymore. hence why she keeps losing fans

companies need to keep rebranding periodically to keep themselves fresh and attractive to the public.

Samsung originally started selling fish, Amazon started selling books in a garage, Nokia started selling papers, Colgate originated selling soap and other hygiene products way before toothpaste, etc. Can you imagine if those companies stayed the same for years? They wouldn't be where they are now.

The Britney brand has stayed the same for over 10 years and it doesn't work anymore. A 18 year old with the "girl next door" image is very relatable and attractive. A 35 year old who still brands herself as an 18 year old but without the appeal, that doesn't work.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

No Hollywood star is relatableΒ :jolieoverit:

Β 

Except if we talk about their health problems, depression, anorexia etc That's something every human being canΒ have or understand

9 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

No Hollywood star is relatableΒ :jolieoverit:

Β 

Except if we talk about their health problems, depression, anorexia etc That's something every human being canΒ have or understand

even then though they have access to the best help possible, the best therapists, psychiatrists, programmes. They can just check into rehab. But yes the feelings themselves are relatable I guess.

Well, I think you meant she was marketed as an easy going person which is not the same as being "relatable".Β  No 16 year old girl sells 30 million records, how could it be relatable for us?Β 

She was portrayed as this sweet girl and people loved that, it almost felt like you could be friends of someone as her but that was it. Luckily, during the early years of her career she had smart people to guide her and stop her from saying stupid things, that's why she never said or dissed anyone, she has been very humble but part of that humbleness comes from the entire team of people behind her who managed her.Β 

I think she was very relatable during her prime.

Very girl next door, nice, down to earth.

Β 

I don't look at her the same way. I actually think she is more unrelatable now than any other celeb.

She seems to be in her own universe and she basically is. She is held to no standard or responsibility. She can't relate to the average person.Β 

8 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

she has been very humble but part of that humbleness comes from the entire team of people behind her who managed her.Β 

I think that her humble side is from working in theater, She could see how people react when someone is too much into himself. That's my theory at least.Maybe also peeps in South are groomed this way. :)Β 

2 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

true, but that's not the case anymore. hence why she keeps losing fans

companies need to keep rebranding periodically to keep themselves fresh and attractive to the public.

Samsung originally started selling fish, Amazon started selling books in a garage, Nokia started selling papers, Colgate originated selling soap and other hygiene products way before toothpaste, etc. Can you imagine if those companies stayed the same for years? They wouldn't be where they are now.

The Britney brand has stayed the same for over 10 years and it doesn't work anymore. A 18 year old with the "girl next door" image is very relatable and attractive. A 35 year old who still brands herself as an 18 year old but without the appeal, that doesn't work.

Ok but I never said Britney or any other celebrity is actually relatable. I said shes been marketed that way and my question was if she was the first to start that trend.

1 minute ago, Black_Out said:

Ok but I never said Britney or any other celebrity is actually relatable. I said shes been marketed that way and my question was if she was the first to start that trend.

i wasn't saying you're wrong, i was just stating the current status

2 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

Yes but you have still yet to answer my original question lol.

Β 

Just now, Black_Out said:

Everything you said was fine and true, but it did sway away from my original topic.Β 

oh :orangu:Β 

then no, she's not. not anymore at least

Archived