RCA Records Pres is shooketh by Army

DJSLAYZEE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you had one job... :triggered:

TBH I'm not mad at the Glory cover, I actually like it. My problem is the booklet, as fans, some of us could do something better using captures and/or stills. Even BJ had a beautiful booklet.

This era was good for me except for 2 little (big) things: Make Me scrapped video/Make Me VMA performance/

On 11/2/2017 at 1:23 AM, danny1994 said:

That was funny

**** performance, **** outfit

Same **** POM show she always does, promoting Vegas and not the album

Standard album promo, very easy to do

Mini version of her **** POM show she always does, and once again promoting Vegas and not the album

290sjkx.thumb.png.c69a4c5c0dfa0bc8087acb

And I’ll add one more thing, she did Caroool Karaoke but she barely sang over the playback. She lipsynced Toxic completely and  mimed 90% of the other songs

When we people realise that, although some performers do use these shows to perform their art, for the most part they're viewed as exposure and press, and to sell whatever you're putting out there, there needs to be investment to make people WANT to buy something.

Britney might have have it a perfect promo list when its summarised, but there's a reason why it had little effect, and its because nothing was really that good or enough to sell the album.

@Capricorn87

6 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

When we people realise that, although some performers do use these shows to perform their art, for the most part they're viewed as exposure and press, and to sell whatever you're putting out there, there needs to be investment to make people WANT to buy something.

Britney might have have it a perfect promo list when its summarised, but there's a reason why it had little effect, and its because nothing was really that good or enough to sell the album.

@Capricorn87

The night of the VMA's, Make Me was #3 on itunes and moved up 1 spot #2 after her performance, would have been #1 again if that CLOSER song was not out at the time

Make Me seen an increase on itunes after her Jimmy Kimmel appearance

People loved what they heard as you can see and went bought the music

10 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

@Capricorn87

Perfectly said. She did a ton of promo, but when you lipsync and tap your knee on the today show, people aren’t going to take you seriously.

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The night of the VMA's, Make Me was #3 on itunes and moved up 1 spot #2 after her performance, would have been #1 again if that CLOSER song was not out at the time

Make Me had a discount and it fell like a rock a week after the VMAs.

And it only went gold, barely 290sjkx.thumb.png.c69a4c5c0dfa0bc8087acb

but they take Taylor Swift and Rihanna seriously and they are both horrible performers

Because that's their limit. Britney is a shell of the performer she once was. This is why The Army and pop music fans in general are up in arms about her performances. Because we know she's capable of more. Nobody cares if Taylor Swift or Rihanna barely dance because they were never known for dancing or show stopping performances. Get it?

Where did it chart on Billboard though? Make Me was a moderately successful single, at best,  but the hype was on Britney's return to the VMA's: the hyped it with 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2007 references: the performance itself was met with mixed reactions. If they had invested that would've helped it more.

She climbed on his bed, why didn't she perform it if her and her team recognise that its a big platform? and how much was the increase in sales? 

Make Me and Glory had the potential to be number ones, IF her team planned everything right: they didn't, and the stuff they did plan, they barely paid attention too, which is why we got POM 2.0 everywhere, and not performances of Glory tracks: so they could be as lazy as possible, not rehearse or buy new props.

As much as I stan Britney,, we can't pretend that the promotion they did was enough just because she actually turned up.

7 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Perfectly said. She did a ton of promo, but when you lipsync and tap your knee on the today show, people aren’t going to take you seriously.

If she even lipsynced to something she had recorded a month earlier, people might have! I genuinely don't understand why they use her album vocals (one of the biggest reasons she's never credited as an artist), and not her rawer takes of songs (like other popstars use).

2 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

If she even lipsynced to something she had recorded a month earlier, people might have! I genuinely don't understand why they use her album vocals (one of the biggest reasons she's never credited as an artist), and not her rawer takes of songs (like other popstars use).

They should take the leaked toxic vocals, clean them up a bit, and use them for POM. I’m sure they have a treasure trove of raw vocals they can use for her live performances :mj:

3 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Probably because it would take more time to edit/cut them, so it's just easier with how they do it :/ I agree though, it doesn't make sense 

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Probably because it would take more time to edit/cut them, so it's just easier with how they do it :/ I agree though, it doesn't make sense 

I always look back to the SNL performance of Boys. It uses pre-recorded vocals, and it was the only time they were ever used so that means she recorded it specifically for this one performance. It was executed so well-

5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I always look back to the SNL performance of Boys. It uses pre-recorded vocals, and it was the only time they were ever used so that means she recorded it specifically for this one performance. It was executed so well-

Yeah, it's just dumb that they don't use them honestly. They did for FF tour if I recall correctly, so why they didn't for POM is beyond me

Archived