I feel sorry for you folks that want Britney to care about charts and being all over the place

Cappycorn87

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

who is expecting change? :tiffcackle: shes been lazy as **** for years

So why are we bitching about it ? I'd be tired as **** if I did this all the time :jolieoverit:

Britney the performer is dead, just move on :jolieoverit: Nothing to expect anymore

21 minutes ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

Britney isn't a Madonna or a Mariah though. These are two of the most successful females in the industry.

So is Britney. She's in the top biggest selling female artists of all time among legends only.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Britney to come back and be successful again but lbr, she doesn't have what it takes to pull off a Ray of Light or a Emancipation of Mimi. Shes shown barely any interest in her career for about 10 years now. I don't see it happening.

That's your opinion, and I disagree. Britney doesn't have to write or produce everything in the tracklist to make a great album. Look at In The Zone and Blackout. She just has to have passion about her material. That's only the bare minimum.

Circus and Femme Fatale ran with the comeback hype. Britney Jean was her time to come out with a new image and sound, but instead she delivered her worst album to date. After that happened, there was no longer hype surrounding Britney Spears. Then the following year she came out with Pretty Girls which reassured the public that she was over. Too bad, cause Glory slayed, but wasn't enough to put her back out there. 

Ok, and? Did you miss my statements about Mariah Carey and Madonna delivering commercial underperformances more than once just like Britney has and still being able to overcome those roadblocks with their next records?

5 minutes ago, Margaery said:

You missed the point. Basically, she'll always remain a "lazy performer" unless her shows start flopping and the fans stop attending and writing good reviews on the internet.

fans have walked out of the show and she still performed like **** :tiffcackle: she will always remain a lazy performer bc she is lazy. simple

She can still have fun and make better choices. A lot of choices she and her team make are embarrassing. I will not apologize for wanting my fave to be on top and be respected like she once was. She has the potential and it's frustrating to watch her waste it. If you're okay with mediocre shows, terrible costumes, bad choreography, 2 singles per album then that's you. Most of us are annoyed bc every other legend out there tries harder. 

4 minutes ago, cheri said:

http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/715811-bad-habits-britney-needs-to-kick/&do=findComment&comment=15349998

plenty more too :mj:

so u have seen her live right? bc by ur logic u cannot judge unless u go. so proof of going to see beyonce, now :mj:

The only thing you could find is something from when I had just joined this forum? k. :boredashell:  And notice that I didn't talk about any particular show of hers, I can still enjoy a show overall but find that the singer's performance skills are off. AGAIN, they're two different things. 

You can say that Britney isn't a great performer but judging the whole show without having attended is a bit unfair IMO. But do as you wish, I don't care. End of discussion. :saycheese:

3 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

@Cappycorn87 how do you defend her lip synching to songs like Everytime? How do you defend her frequently messing up the choreo and being out of time with the dancers? How about the people who walked out of her show? Yes you can say that they are not the majority, but the fact that it's happening AT ALL is concerning - plus the fact that even hardcore fans have got negative things to say about POM who have been to see it first hand.

Can you not see anything at all in the points that are raised about Britney's general performances/lack of care for her career? Do you honestly think she's just as good as she always has been?

What do you think @Cappycorn87? Are you able to answer any of these questions? Just genuinely interested in your opinion.

11 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So is Britney. She's in the top biggest selling female artists of all time among legends only.

That's your opinion, and I disagree. Britney doesn't have to write or produce everything in the tracklist to make a great album. Look at In The Zone and Blackout. She just has to have passion about her material. That's only the bare minimum.

Ok, and? Did you miss my statements about Mariah Carey and Madonna delivering commercial underperformances more than once just like Britney has and still being able to overcome those roadblocks with their next records?

You bring up ITZ and Blackout but those albums are 10+ years old. Britney isn't in the same position as those other two legends were. Not to mention the publics perception and credibility of Britney has only been getting worse since 2011. It's a totally diffent scenario for her. 

1 hour ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

You bring up ITZ and Blackout but those albums are 10+ years old. Britney isn't in the same position as those other two legends were. Not to mention the publics perception and credibility of Britney has only been getting worse since 2011. It's a totally diffent scenario for her. 

How isn’t she in the same position? Mariah had two back to back huge flops after a consistent hit streak, just like Britney. Madonna underperformed with Erotica almost a decade into her career, just like Britney did with Blackout. Madonna then released Bedtime Stories to GP praise, just like Circus did. Madonna then went on to release Ray Of Light, underperformed and was panned with American Life, only to comeback in full force with Confessions after. You’re trying so hard to shove Britney into a box, when if she actually had passion again, she could easily knock out another hit era.

49 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

How isn’t she in the same position? Mariah had two back to back huge flops after a consistent hit streak, just like Britney. Madonna underperformed with Erotica almost a decade into her career, just like Britney did with Blackout. Madonna then released Bedtime Stories to GP praise, just like Circus did. Madonna then went on to release Ray Of Light, underperformed and was panned with American Life, only to comeback in full force with Confessions after. You’re trying so hard to shove Britney into a box, when if she actually had passion again, she could easily knock out another hit era.

I agree, but I'm saying that is unlikely. Britney spent the last 10 years not caring. She's not going to wake up one day and magically care about it. When and if she does care, it most likely will be too late with the GP. Sure we can through what ifs around, but she spent 5 years caring and 10 years doing the bare minimal. If I were to bet money on it, I'd say she's not having her Confessions or a Emancipation era nor does she care to have one. 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The Emancipation of Britney is coming 

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

What do you think @Cappycorn87? Are you able to answer any of these questions? Just genuinely interested in your opinion.

I don't care about the lipsynching because that's expected with being an entertainer.

I don't care about folks walking out of shows because that's not the majority.  I focus on the MANY who stayed and enjoyed the show and had a good time.  Since 2013, she keeps pulling in crowds.

Archived