Remember when Britney Spears was going to host the 2006 Billboard awards

Cappycorn87

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney & Paris Hosting the Billboard Awards?

November 29, 2006 by CELEBRITY

Are the girls taking their new friendship to Vegas again to host the Billboard Music Awards? Pop will be at the awards next Monday night, and we cannot wait to let you know first hand all about the show! We've been giving Brit a hard time for hanging out with Paris, but words really can't express how excited we are to see these two together on stage. People reports that so far there are no plans for the two to perform but we bet these two put on a very entertaining show. However, conflicting reports from US are saying that Britney has already pulled out of the hosting duties.

brit_0_0.jpg

Make sure to tune into Fox on Monday night at 8 pm ET to check out Britney and Paris, along with performances by Gwen, Mary J Blige, Ludacris and Janet. Stay tuned....

Source

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Britney-Paris-Hosting-Billboard-Awards-73728

would have been so iconic :meltdown:

45 minutes ago, BKSTYL3 said:

Britney & Paris Hosting the Billboard Awards?

November 29, 2006 by CELEBRITY

Are the girls taking their new friendship to Vegas again to host the Billboard Music Awards? Pop will be at the awards next Monday night, and we cannot wait to let you know first hand all about the show! We've been giving Brit a hard time for hanging out with Paris, but words really can't express how excited we are to see these two together on stage. People reports that so far there are no plans for the two to perform but we bet these two put on a very entertaining show. However, conflicting reports from US are saying that Britney has already pulled out of the hosting duties.

brit_0_0.jpg

Make sure to tune into Fox on Monday night at 8 pm ET to check out Britney and Paris, along with performances by Gwen, Mary J Blige, Ludacris and Janet. Stay tuned....

Source

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Britney-Paris-Hosting-Billboard-Awards-73728

would have been so iconic :meltdown:

Thanks for posting this

18 hours ago, JKW said:

I dont really agree sis.

That was only the very end of 2006. most of 2006 she was pregnant, remember? After she gave birth and divorced she was praised like hell.  And she looked fierce, everyone loved her and the world was rooting for her because she FINALLY divorced  Kevin, she even got a standing applause for just presentating a VMA award at the vma if im right. I think people would loved  it if she hosted, she was everything and everywhere for divorcing Kevin. In a good way.

But right after that, late 2006, she decided to hang out with Paris and destroyed her high expacted reputation. Literally in just one month, the worst happened late november and in december if im not mistaken.  :urite:

I don't disagree that a lot of people were rooting for her, especially after the divorce with that turd, because everyone WAS rooting for her to get back on top.

I just meant when I said she would've been bashed, is that from late 2004 to 2006 weren't really good years for her in terms of her image. Kfed, being photographed with her thongs falling out or no undies at all, walking in gas station bathrooms barefoot, driving with her child on her lap, and just overall looking dishevelled and trashy.

Her image quickly went from biggest prime popstar in the world to trailer white trash in just a year, and people no longer looked at her like she was this perfect being.

She lost half her fanbase when she got married and got knocked up, even before the breakdown happened, because her celebrity fame and overall stardom solely relied on her looks and image, not singing. When the looks fell apart, people left or turned against her.

But I do agree that people (ex fans and gp) were secretly hoping she would just go back to ****, perfect Britney. The divorce was a first good sign, but we all know how that year ended and how 2007 started.. We were in for a ride :urite:

And it was the 2006 AMAs that you're referring to, where she was forced to present the first award of the night (best RnB I think) just right after Jimmy Kimmel's skit mocking Kfed. It was so disrespectful to do that right before Britney came out, even though they were divorced at that point. But the ***** came out and slayed everyone in the audience. I watched that live :otears:

45 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I suggested they didn’t have her host because of all the dumb and dangerous decisions she was making. You seemed to downplay it by bringing up other hosts.

Look she explained why she had  the  baby in her lap

It was not the best decision but it is what it is so many years ago

8 hours ago, sunkissed said:

I don't disagree that a lot of people were rooting for her, especially after the divorce with that turd, because everyone WAS rooting for her to get back on top.

I just meant when I said she would've been bashed, is that from late 2004 to 2006 weren't really good years for her in terms of her image. Kfed, being photographed with her thongs falling out or no undies at all, walking in gas station bathrooms barefoot, driving with her child on her lap, and just overall looking dishevelled and trashy.

Her image quickly went from biggest prime popstar in the world to trailer white trash in just a year, and people no longer looked at her like she was this perfect being.

She lost half her fanbase when she got married and got knocked up, even before the breakdown happened, because her celebrity fame and overall stardom solely relied on her looks and image, not singing. When the looks fell apart, people left or turned against her.

But I do agree that people (ex fans and gp) were secretly hoping she would just go back to ****, perfect Britney. The divorce was a first good sign, but we all know how that year ended and how 2007 started.. We were in for a ride :urite:

And it was the 2006 AMAs that you're referring to, where she was forced to present the first award of the night (best RnB I think) just right after Jimmy Kimmel's skit mocking Kfed. It was so disrespectful to do that right before Britney came out, even though they were divorced at that point. But the ***** came out and slayed everyone in the audience. I watched that live :otears:

Couldnt agree more with you. :urite:

16 hours ago, sunkissed said:

She did not lose any fans when she married

Archived