Why Britney’s career is what it is today - a look back, she isn’t the artist she wanted to be

MyAccountGotBanned

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I agree with you 100% and it’s the reason I’m not so worked up about her like other exhalers especially with vegas. Also, she has always talked about slowing down her career in the future when she was in her prime but not totally retire because she likes to keep busy so I don’t  know why everyone acts like she all of a sudden doesn’t give a **** because of the **** that happened to her. Even if the whole breakdown and conservatorship didn’t happen, she would have still have gone this route as she consistently said she wanted to do vegas in interviews and in her diary. 

she cares about the music and her music choices basically is a big tell of what kind of artist she wanted to be. Consistently, all her playlist choices that the media makes her do has always been very chill and soulful music, mainly R&B and her idols are all vocal powerhouses with the exception of Madonna. So of course she never intended on being a pop star and wished she was more of a real artist than just a product which is probably why she never thinks highly of her career. It’s probably why she does little promo because she just wants to put out music like fine artists just puts out paintings. 

I feel different.. She has always wanted this.. Just to be a popstar, and still have a big privacy.. 
The times she has talked about artistery has always seemed fake to me, like she was told what to say to deffend her as an artist. She is a performer, and since age of 17 or 18, she has been most honest when she has talked about seeing this as a JOB! This IS a job to her, she is hired. The product is the albums, she is not the product, she is the voice you hear, but she is nothing other than a singer hired to be Britney Spears, the Performer.

And I think she is happy about it now, escpecially after she got kids. 

I hate that ppl act like Britney never had choices. She didn't have to do half of these things and she did. Maybe in the beginning of her career her team took control but there was a shift during ITZ where it was all Britney. She got her much needed break and that is when her life unraveled. 

The problem isn't her settling down, it's the quality of Vegas. If Vegas was  DWAD with more vocals we all would want it to continue forever. 

Not to mention the lack of drive for the era. I don't love my job but I still do it top notch because a lot of ppl rely on me. 

The excuses are too much in this place. 

On 10/25/2017 at 9:38 PM, Intheblue said:

no ones voice changes that much, first one is powerful confident second one is little girl vunerable you want to hug her 

well this mightve been caused by how much she was promoting at the time. her voice might not have been sustainable, so she started singing differently live. 

obviously the label pushed for the baby voice, but singing more softly night just have been a way to be easier on her voice 

On 26.10.2017 at 12:54 AM, brit4u1998 said:

Didn't she have some control over her career, even back in 1999 though? 

I don't think so, her first album is anything but personal. i mean they had so much control to turn down Mona Lisa immediately. They can always just push the album back, just because they don't like it, no hit song blah. Sometimes Britney made some decisions tho (Toxic as a single was her idea), they still have to much control over her, it's almost scary. I mean did she reall like Femme Fatale? I don't think so, look at her energy at that time.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:38 PM, Intheblue said:

no ones voice changes that much, first one is powerful confident second one is little girl vunerable you want to hug her 

What was the time span between these two appearances? Do you know?

In the second video it almost sounds painful. I wonder if she'd damaged her vocal chords by this point from all of the promotion? 

3 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I don't think so, her first album is anything but personal. i mean they had so much control to turn down Mona Lisa immediately. They can always just push the album back, just because they don't like it, no hit song blah. Sometimes Britney made some decisions tho (Toxic as a single was her idea), they still have to much control over her, it's almost scary. I mean did she reall like Femme Fatale? I don't think so, look at her energy at that time.

Yes because her current music is personal. BOMT had more mature lyrics than currentney and also she used her talent then. Britney made a lot of her video choices and got singles she pushed for. The problem is Britney doesn't push for anything careerwise anymore. Also she is on a contract. She didn't have to agree to the contract or obligations but she did. She could have did her own label if she was that unhappy.

Obviously FF wasn't a favorite of Britney but she looked off the whole year and once again she had obligations. I don't think she should have toured though

4 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I hate that ppl act like Britney never had choices. She didn't have to do half of these things and she did. Maybe in the beginning of her career her team took control but there was a shift during ITZ where it was all Britney. She got her much needed break and that is when her life unraveled. 

The problem isn't her settling down, it's the quality of Vegas. If Vegas was  DWAD with more vocals we all would want it to continue forever. 

Not to mention the lack of drive for the era. I don't love my job but I still do it top notch because a lot of ppl rely on me. 

The excuses are too much in this place. 

I've been a fan since 98' as well!! Do I think Britney became a product and was pushed beyond limits and then spit out.. Yes! I lived it, and saw it coming! Do I think she made personal choices that created problems and later consequences. (c-ship,custody,breakdown) Yes! I think its a compilation of many instances that created the Britney we see today!  I still love her!! I'm not someone that expects her to act/perform like she did when she was 18; that's unrealistic. After POM I hope she takes the time she needs and finds clarity. For whatever project she does next I hope she digs deeps and does a more personal album. She needs to create a more relatable album and sing about real **** not just ***. she needs to reinvent!!

:brit:

10 hours ago, Intheblue said:

It does need to end but perhaps she is happy not having to attend so many meetings and having someone do the grunt work for her ... she basically has her dad fighting her battles with record execs etc 

Her dad can fight for her and attend meetings, regardless of whether or not she's under a conservatorship.

To me, removing the conservatorship would be about restoring her own inner sense of power and control. It's about her maturity and confidence as a 35-year old woman.

"The fire within."

Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

Her dad can fight for her and attend meetings, regardless of whether or not she's under a conservatorship.

To me, removing the conservatorship would be about restoring her own inner sense of power and control. It's about her maturity and confidence as a 35-year old woman.

"The fire within."

britney has the right to fight against the c-ship & she hasn't. she is obviously fine with the arrangements that are in place. 

I agree that the image of "Britney" became bigger than anybody expected.

She literally was THE pop icon, pretty much as big as Michael Jackson or Elvis.

Her early career was kinda cheesy, it appealed to mostly teenage girls.

What made her huge was when she started crossing over to older audiences (well people in their 20's) with more edgy visuals and sounds.

She started to appeal to straight men, gay men and women during the ITZ era.  People wanted to go dance at clubs because of Britney.

At that time, she literally was the whole package and made people feel empowered.

What wasn't fair was when she was ready for  a break and people watched her like a hawk and insulted her for acting "normal".  Normal people gain weight, normal people don't wear stage make up everywhere they go and normal people have kids and get married.

Gimme More was such an iconic song because the GP and fans want nothing but more from Britney, because they love her that much

Archived