Anyone remember her 55 hour marriage?

brit4u1998

17 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

It happened in January 2004. I think it was January 3?

I was starting to suspect that things in her life weren't great. And that she was unhappy.

What were you thinking when the quicky marriage happened in January 2004?

Of course I did, I was a fan back then and the whole worlds was literally shocked

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JKW said:

I think the turning points in her career started already during the 2001 'Britney' era/ at the end of the Oops era when she released DLMBTLTK. When she married Jason the only thing i heard was: I told you, she's crazy and an attention *****' :gross:

Yeah. People def started turning against her during the Britney era, specifically the JT breakup where she was portrayed as the bad guy.

I just meant... the 55-hour marriage, the Madonna kiss, and Collin Farell all kinda solidified her bad-girl image during 03-04

People just wouldn't leave her alone  :lemmetellu:

It was the most well publicized onset of her erratic, impulsive behavior and the most clear indicator that 2007 didn't simply happen out of nowhere, due to KFed or paparazzi or some other psychosocial stressor. In retrospect, the 55-hour-marriage followed a pretty obvious and predictable trajectory of the mental illness that would then peak in severity several years later. It's very unfortunate that the whole incident was swept under the rug for the sake of her "brand" and she wasn't provided the help she needed at that time.

3 hours ago, sunkissed said:

Yeah. People def started turning against her during the Britney era, specifically the JT breakup where she was portrayed as the bad guy.

I just meant... the 55-hour marriage, the Madonna kiss, and Collin Farell all kinda solidified her bad-girl image during 03-04

People just wouldn't leave her alone  :lemmetellu:

Brit has this weird innocent girl thing going on, and a party girl/bad girl side. It's one of the reasons I love/like her!

3 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

It was the most well publicized onset of her erratic, impulsive behavior and the most clear indicator that 2007 didn't simply happen out of nowhere, due to KFed or paparazzi or some other psychosocial stressor. In retrospect, the 55-hour-marriage followed a pretty obvious and predictable trajectory of the mental illness that would then peak in severity several years later. It's very unfortunate that the whole incident was swept under the rug for the sake of her "brand" and she wasn't provided the help she needed at that time.

If 2007 was hell, 2004 was a preview! :bgrin::bgrin:

I remember finding about about this on Entertainment Tonight... this was before gossip blogs were HUGE... just image if it had happened in our current pop culture climate! haha 

From what I can remember there were 4 different opinions:

1. Some people thought she had married a childhood friend and felt happy for her as it was showing that she wasn't as bubbly as she was in the first few years of her fame - some initially assumed she was going to settle down with him. 
  2. Many women called her white trash, as women love to belittle each other
  3. Some people thought it was just for attention
  4. Few took it as a cry for help

I was in 8th grade or so.... and I remember not believing it at first... then I was happy for her... then it was annulled and I never thought anything about it.  I was young and thought Britney was older and wiser at the time lol

17 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

I've heard theories that the 2000 VMA's even turned some people against her. The one where she stripped. Some people even think the backlash started as early as that.

She has always been both hated and loved since day 1. The BOMT MV caused controversy for her **** image at only 17. She was never 100% loved. The difference is that now we have no feedback from her to keep busy and entertained while others are hating on her. 

She said it in FTR, she has no time to stop and think about it, she just does what she has to, takes the next flight, then another photoshoot, then interviews, the ln the next flight and she in another city. Plus, media has completely changed, we didn't have social networks back then so both love and hate spread so fast these days. 

I mean...:girlwhat:   she was not in the right state of mind

According to the newspaper, Alexander claims he once had a ****-fueled threesome with Spears and a female dancer and that he had trouble keeping up with her **** use. He says Spears almost had a fatal overdose on pure ecstasy, while they partied in a Las Vegas nightclub.

"We used ecstasy at night to party and ******* during the day to stay awake," Alexander said. "Then we would take downers like Valium or Vicodin to come down and rest … She definitely had a problem with ***** when we were together and that was three years ago."

Alexander says things got scary when the singer ended up passed out in a shower, lifeless.

"I took her into the bathroom and threw her in the shower," he said. "She was unconscious. She tripped and fell. I was trying to hold her up and speak to her. She wasn't moving … I remember looking down at her all crumpled in the tub with the water coming down. She looked so white and lifeless. I thought she was dead. I thought, 'This ***** is going to f—king die right here in front of me.'"

3 hours ago, tsss said:

I mean...:girlwhat:   she was not in the right state of mind

According to the newspaper, Alexander claims he once had a ****-fueled threesome with Spears and a female dancer and that he had trouble keeping up with her **** use. He says Spears almost had a fatal overdose on pure ecstasy, while they partied in a Las Vegas nightclub.

"We used ecstasy at night to party and ******* during the day to stay awake," Alexander said. "Then we would take downers like Valium or Vicodin to come down and rest … She definitely had a problem with ***** when we were together and that was three years ago."

Alexander says things got scary when the singer ended up passed out in a shower, lifeless.

"I took her into the bathroom and threw her in the shower," he said. "She was unconscious. She tripped and fell. I was trying to hold her up and speak to her. She wasn't moving … I remember looking down at her all crumpled in the tub with the water coming down. She looked so white and lifeless. I thought she was dead. I thought, 'This ***** is going to f—king die right here in front of me.'"

my god:girlwhat:

Archived