Anyone remember her 55 hour marriage?

brit4u1998

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Alexander surely does, that would be the most interesting fact in his life. :forkit:

Isn't it funny how many bad things happened in the now called her 2nd home Las Vegas? :whitney:

her 55hrs marriage

Night out with Paris after the divorce

The PURE nightclub drama in 2006 NYE

The 07 Vma's mess

... and she ironically found her "´place" in Las Vegas? :girlwhat:

I remember it so vividly.

It was one of the turning points in her career, where people went from adoring her to bashing her. :nydisgust:

Every media outlet in every country, every celebrity, even politicians had a take on it.

I was so sad to see that unfold and see the world turning on Britney.

If only I knew the even bigger mess that was to unfold later that year mmm :urite:

Can you imagine how I reacted to Kfed the backup dancer extraordinaire and her knee breakage :nothavingit:

I was very young, naive, and I thought what a mess that year was.....

..boy was I on for a ride in the 3 years that followed :quirkney: My wig was snatched

I was 10 and I didn't even become a fan until I was 16. Literally between the Oops and Femme Fatale eras, all I heard people talk about about was her divorce in 2006, and the VMAs in 2007. :britdrown: 

But to be fair, Jason Alexander is ******* hot, I can see why Britney married him. He's tall, he's got that square jaw, and nowadays he's even a boxer or some ****, so he's BUILT. :milkney: She better have ridden that **** long and hard, honestly.

1 hour ago, sunkissed said:

I remember it so vividly.

It was one of the turning points in her career, where people went from adoring her to bashing her. :nydisgust:

Every media outlet in every country, every celebrity, even politicians had a take on it.

I was so sad to see that unfold and see the world turning on Britney.

If only I knew the even bigger mess that was to unfold later that year mmm :urite:

Can you imagine how I reacted to Kfed the backup dancer extraordinaire and her knee breakage :nothavingit:

I was very young, naive, and I thought what a mess that year was.....

..boy was I on for a ride in the 3 years that followed :quirkney: My wig was snatched

I think the turning points in her career started already during the 2001 'Britney' era/ at the end of the Oops era when she released DLMBTLTK. When she married Jason the only thing i heard was: I told you, she's crazy and an attention *****' :gross:

16 minutes ago, JKW said:

I think the turning points in her career started already during the 2001 'Britney' era/ at the end of the Oops era when she released DLMBTLTK. When she married Jason the only thing i heard was: I told you, she's crazy and an attention *****' :gross:

I've heard theories that the 2000 VMA's even turned some people against her. The one where she stripped. Some people even think the backlash started as early as that.

She stepped fast from virgin image to crazy, liberated chick (maybe too fast for GP)  :britstare11:

She was already tired of media & paparazzi, so I thought she deepened the problem by herself. Probably it was the very beginning of her break. 
And also I thought about her relationship with Justin, she tried to convince everyone it was so innocent they didn't sleep together etc, and shortly after that we got this marriage and Jason Alexander's stories about their wild ***... 

After that she got marked as scandalist and weirdo, everyone looked on it as celebrity whim. It was weird for GP she was declared virgin, and it was weird enough she got married for 55 hrs. So confusing. :ehum:

But personally,  I was more like "okay, whatever. IN THE ZONEEE" :tongueney: I was too young to think about it more deeply, and I didn't know what is coming... 

4 hours ago, Mrs. Rhythmless Nation said:

News stations went into a frenzy when she got married. I don't think anyone really bought it. We all literally thought it was a joke. After it ended, I remember watching an interview with her and Cojo (a guy from ET I think who was pretty famous at the time) where she said she wanted to be a girl and see what was it was like to be married. People dragged her to sh1t for that.

It was around that time when she started turning people off. 

So stupid of her.. as if you can see what its like to be married by getting a quicky marriage. Its just a status, it doesnt mean anything. Some people get married after only months of being together. You have to have a long term relationship, married or not, to know what it’s like to be “married”. Also dont get it when she says if she “believes” in marriage. Married is just a status, a title. Or is it another religious thing that makes Britney talk like that about marriage?

i felt she was rebelling against people around her showing she can do whatever she wants. It was one of the first big signs that she isnt the brightest girl...

People had already started turning on her by then, but she was still everywhere; it was actually why people turned on her. There was a post somewhere where people had defaced the Vegas DWAD show flyers... hold on....

tumblr_ovqqh6o1MS1u60o27o1_400.jpg tumblr_ovqqh6o1MS1u60o27o2_400.jpg

So it's true that her downfall began towards the mid/end of the Britney era.

12 minutes ago, Dune said:

But personally,  I was more like "okay, whatever. IN THE ZONEEE" :tongueney: I was too young to think about it more deeply, and I didn't know what is coming... 

This. Again: she was still everywhere, dancing harder than ever-- it was made a joke in the Onyx Showtime special:

Lucky-Britney-britney-spears-24194056-24 giphy.gif

I remember it being a big topic of discussion among the Army, but there was also ITZ and Onyx to focus on, so..... 

1 hour ago, fucknfurter said:

People had already started turning on her by then, but she was still everywhere; it was actually why people turned on her. There was a post somewhere where people had defaced the Vegas DWAD show flyers... hold on....

tumblr_ovqqh6o1MS1u60o27o1_400.jpg tumblr_ovqqh6o1MS1u60o27o2_400.jpg

So it's true that her downfall began towards the mid/end of the Britney era.

This. Again: she was still everywhere, dancing harder than ever-- it was made a joke in the Onyx Showtime special:

Lucky-Britney-britney-spears-24194056-24 giphy.gif

I remember it being a big topic of discussion among the Army, but there was also ITZ and Onyx to focus on, so..... 

I remember there being a lot of Britney hate sites during 2002/2003. That was the peak of Britney hate sites.

I'm pretty sure I was just a big **** you from her to all the people pressuring her to be this pure virginal maiden and giving her **** for sleeping with Justin despite not being married, like it was anybody's business - "you want me to wait with *** until marriage?  Alright,  the  I'll Mary the guy for 55hrs just to **** him".

Either that or to piss her parents/management off for the same reasons.

Sadly she rarely sticks to her statements (like when she got a wig right after shaving head rather than rocking the bald look) so it looks rather confusing and irrational most of the time...

10 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Jason Alexander surely does, that would be the most interesting fact in his life. :forkit:

Isn't it funny how many bad things happened in the now called her 2nd home Las Vegas? :whitney:

her 55hrs marriage

Night out with Paris after the divorce

The PURE nightclub drama in 2006 NYE

The 07 Vma's mess

POM

... and she ironically found her "´place" in Las Vegas? :girlwhat:

fixed

Archived