Anyone remember her 55 hour marriage?

brit4u1998

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I was pretty young, I think only 12. I think I probably thought she was dumb for it, but only cause most of the adults in my life were probably saying the same. 

As im older, yes I agree with you. I look at that point and feel she was probably very unhappy :( 

It was a bit foolish of her, but it might have been a sign of psychological, um, problems. 

I won't diagnose her, but I can definitely see her doing it as a rebellion against her haters, critics, or the media, or whatever.

It's hard to forget lol. I remember that marriage really kicking off the weird image she started to have in the media. Before it was just oh she dresses too **** and she's a bad role model then it became oh shes country trash and irresponsible and whatnot. (Which was definitely even more fueled by kfed after) It wasn't a good look at all. And looking back on it, was seemingly a cry for help that went ignored. :-/

I remember that mess, news broke late Sat nite and by Mon morning it was all over the world. News coverage from CNN to MTV, it was crazy.  

I think she actually wanted that marriage, tbh.  The two witness said she was crying and wasn't drunk, contrary to reports saying she was.  

"Lacked the understanding of her actions" was the reason for the annulment, and a pretty eerie foreshadowing... 

I thought  it was cute how she was one of the biggest star in the world and yet married someone from her tiny town, I was 10 though so of course I thought everything was cute. :outwithit:
Now I do feel as though it was her way to free herself from the megastar money machine she became, poor girl always said all she wanted in life was a husband and kids and music was just for fun ( I think she was 19 or so in an interview where she stated that). 

It's crazy that this was right before Toxic came out- she was on top of the world. What a shocker. 

I think she was clearly looking for something. No wonder she married Kfed so quickly later that year. How her life changed. 

It's crazy to think that she was on top of the world before Kfed only for 4-5 years as a celebrity...her legacy really is big. 

50 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

I remember that mess, news broke late Sat nite and by Mon morning it was all over the world. News coverage from CNN to MTV, it was crazy.  

I think she actually wanted that marriage, tbh.  The two witness said she was crying and wasn't drunk, contrary to reports saying she was.  

"Lacked the understanding of her actions" was the reason for the annulment, and a pretty eerie foreshadowing... 

I definitely felt there was something 'off' about the 55 hour marriage. Like she was really unhappy, or lost. In my gut/instincts I felt that the fast Vegas marriage was a big red flag. It was definitely the beginning of harder times for our pop starlet.

News stations went into a frenzy when she got married. I don't think anyone really bought it. We all literally thought it was a joke. After it ended, I remember watching an interview with her and Cojo (a guy from ET I think who was pretty famous at the time) where she said she wanted to be a girl and see what was it was like to be married. People dragged her to sh1t for that.

It was around that time when she started turning people off. 

15 minutes ago, Mrs. Rhythmless Nation said:

News stations went into a frenzy when she got married. I don't think anyone really bought it. We all literally thought it was a joke. After it ended, I remember watching an interview with her and Cojo (a guy from ET I think who was pretty famous at the time) where she said she wanted to be a girl and see what was it was like to be married. People dragged her to sh1t for that.

It was around that time when she started turning people off. 

She was very rebellious in 2004. :janet:

Archived