These three things must happen

Black_Out

6 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

We're talking about a woman who said she couldn't see herself doing this at forty, and then, either a week later or within the same week, claimed she wanted to do ten more albums.

What I'm saying: Never trust anything Britney says. It should be the first rule of being a Britney stan.

:urite:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RAITEI said:

I think what she meant by retiring is that she won't be performing, releasing albums doesn't necessarily go against that idea, we have Britney Jean as an example. 

That's what I was getting at.  I can see her releasing albums, and an album about her life as a celebrity would be great because she does have more backstory than anybody,  but I see her retiring from performing soon.

1 hour ago, RAITEI said:

I agree with your point because for example Slumber Party went under the table, however there're songs that don't need her to do anything, but maybe to get them she has to do something so... 

I personally think she'd look a little bit desperate, that's not her style. She'd be known as the woman who remembered she has met taylor before just  when she needs a collab with her (for success according to your thread):icant1:

Well it doesn't have to be Taylor (she was just an example) but it should be with someone popular. I don't want another collab myself, however I do think its necessary. Slumber Party was a great single. Its catchy, and current, plus the video has amazing visuals, yet it had zero impact. The collab with Tinashe didnt work either as she isnt a big name. If Rihanna was on that track it would have done so much better just because of her name. 

1 minute ago, Black_Out said:

Well it doesn't have to be Taylor (she was just an example) but it should be with someone popular. I don't want another collab myself, however I do think its necessary. Slumber Party was a great single. Its catchy, and current, plus the video has amazing visuals, yet it had zero impact. The collab with Tinashe didnt work either as she isnt a big name. If Rihanna was on that track it would have done so much better just because of her name. 

Yes, Rihanna would have been amazing. If it was to dance her *** of during perfomance then Tinashe is the right choice but that wasn't precisely the case:dead:

15 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

That's what I was getting at.  I can see her releasing albums, and an album about her life as a celebrity would be great because she does have more backstory than anybody,  but I see her retiring from performing soon.

Performing is where the money is though. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Do we know how many albums she has left? I'm pretty sure they do remix albums and GH and reach that but I'm not certain  

2 hours ago, RAITEI said:

How many albums are left?

Her contract was up after Britney Jean, and she got a new deal in 2014 that allows her more creative freedom and Glory has been the kickoff to that contract. I don't know how many albums though, I'm assuming a typical 4, because A) it's Britney Spears and B) RCA loves ranking in the dough.

3 hours ago, Black_Out said:

I hate to say it, but she needs a collab with a big name to bring in more listeners. Taylor Swift would be an instant smash, even though I cant stand the *****. IF not for her lead single, then she needs a buzz single to get her name out there again. A successful singer will also give her higher chances at radio play because radio doesn't tend to support older artists. 

Second, she needs to release on a major show or channel. Womanizer was released on ABC after FTR, Work ***** - CW release,  S&S - The X Factor, 3 - Elvis Duran, even HIAM - MTv though it didnt have as much success it was bigger than MM. All those singles went number one or had major success. LWYMMD was released at the VMA's and we all know how successful it is. Britney probably wont see those numbers, but she can do A LOT better than 60 mil views. 

Lastly, if you look at all her peers they have matured where she still sings solely about ***. Pink, JT, Beyonce, Xtina, Jlo, ect. all sing about liberation. Its ok to be ****, but she needs to sing music with more substance lyrically. I think if she is going to sing about ***, it also needs to have more mature content such as TOMH, or BOM. No more IUSA, 3, Clumsy type of stuff. You can also hate her peers all you want but they all carry success till this day.

Add all three of these things up and I guarantee success.  

NO NO NO

Britney has mature music

Britney music never needs to become pretentious

Drunk In Love, Can't Stop the Feeling, Luv U Papi are lyrical substance?????????

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

NO NO NO

Britney has mature music

Britney music never needs to become pretentious

Drunk In Love, Can't Stop the Feeling, Luv U Papi are lyrical substance?????????

Why are you randomly picking and choosing examples that are nothing more than pop and club bops to fit your biased narrative? :girlwhat: In The Zone is honestly a more mature album than anything post Blackout.

It wouldn't kill Britney to have more honest material that delves a little deeper and has different relatable themes than just about dancing at the club or sleeping with someone.

If you think that's pretentious then I feel sorry for you. :whitney:

44 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Performing is where the money is though. 

But she already gets fragrance royalties from popular fragrances sold in a couple of the biggest perfume markets.

That, and I suspect she'll move to a lower cost of living state from California:

I have thought about it," Spears told E!. "If I happen to have another baby or something like that, I'd probably move back to Louisiana. I do miss Louisiana. I miss the people. I miss the food. I miss the way of life, how everything is really simple.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/23/showbiz/music/britney-spears-i-am-britney-jean/index.html

1 hour ago, Black_Out said:

58 minutes ago, RAITEI said:

Yes, Rihanna would have been amazing. If it was to dance her *** of during perfomance then Tinashe is the right choice but that wasn't precisely the case:dead:

Agreed. Imagine if the single releases were: 

-Make me feat Drake (always thought this song was made for two of them)

- Slumber Party feat Rihanna 

I think this era would have been v different. 

35 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you randomly picking and choosing examples that are nothing more than pop and club bops to fit your biased narrative? :girlwhat: In The Zone is honestly a more mature album than anything post Blackout.

It wouldn't kill Britney to have more honest material that delves a little deeper and has different relatable themes than just about dancing at the club or sleeping with someone.

If you think that's pretentious then I feel sorry for you. :whitney:

Britney has a lot of mature songs in her catalog

The OP making it sound like those artist only have songs with lyrical substance when that's not always the case by the 3 songs I listed of those artist, there's more songs in those 3 artist catalog that have no lyrical substance whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, car said:

Agreed. Imagine if the single releases were: 

-Make me feat Drake (always thought this song was made for two of them)

- Slumber Party feat Rihanna 

I think this era would have been v different. 

Drake is oversturated at this point

Rihanna would be an interesting choice visiually for the video

15 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Drake is oversturated at this point

Rihanna would be an interesting choice visiually for the video

Good point. I feel like last summer tho- he was at his peak. anything he did turned to gold. Plus Him and Britney...could have been a hot topic. Can't think of a better mainstream rapper (with a still credible rap community following) that would have been better. 

4 minutes ago, car said:

Good point. I feel like last summer tho- he was at his peak. anything he did turned to gold. Plus Him and Britney...could have been a hot topic. Can't think of a better mainstream rapper (with a still credible rap community following) that would have been better. 

I do think Britney and Drake would make a good collab combo

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney has a lot of mature songs in her catalog

The OP making it sound like those artist only have songs with lyrical substance when that's not always the case by the 3 songs I listed of those artist, there's more songs in those 3 artist catalog that have no lyrical substance whatsoever.

I didnt make it sound like those artist only have songs with lyrical substance. They do however release all types of music where Brit focuses purely on ***. MM and SP are both ******** driven. If its not about *** its normally just some type of club banger. Formation, What About Us, Mirrors, What Goes Around, are just a few examples of singles with substance. I also didnt say Britney should only release music like that. She sounds great singing on bangers and ****** songs, but it needs more maturity like ITZ. 

Archived