Did Make Me mv ruin Glory era?

G L O R Y

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, like waiting one week after Glory was put on sale earlier in Mexico, to officially release it along with Barbra's album.

The problem with Make Me... was that atrocious video. I mean, the fact that the audio clip was still getting almost as much views as the official video after the latter came out, said a lot. People preferred to watch the still of her in the desert rather than the videoclip.

What was the problem with releasing at the same time Barbra released hers?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still suspect the entire problem with the Glory era being mediocre goes straight back to budget.

When it comes to her career, Britney herself has been delivering:

- original MM video
- Billboard performance
- VMA performance (if you focus just on Britney herself and not the creative aspects)
- magazine spreads
- festivals
- interviews in Europe wearing a stylish wardrobe
- appearances on shows like Ellen
- SP video

But it seems pretty evident that the budget for the era was eaten up by the original MM video and the re-shoot. Which seems to have left little for other things, like a proper Creative Director for any other activity that came afterwards. The budget for POM also seems non-existent, which leaves Britney to her own devices when it comes to choreography and wardrobe (and we all know she's not the best at making those kinds of decisions.)

Whoever is holding the purse strings seems bound and bent to stretch as much out of her career as possible without giving it a proper budget. I'll always wonder what would've happened to the Glory era if they hadn't have been doing that.

Archived