Did Make Me mv ruin Glory era?

G L O R Y

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Β 

4 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

Make me mv was atrocious and it ruines fans expectation.
Vma performance was mediocre and boring at least.
She did some tv promo, but the performances were forgettable.

Make me mv set the tone for another disappointment.
Sp never had a real chance to be a hit, Make me could have done it if supported properly (but we know our girl right)

Make Me moved from #3 to #2 on itunes after her VMA performance

She had the second most bought performed song that night

If that Closer song not existed, Make Me would have been back at #1 again on itunes

7 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

They waited too long to release it. I remember it being like weeks later after everyone already had the single. No one is waiting weeks to watch a video of a song that's been out forever. And then followed by not releasing a second single for like three months, it was all just so bad and not planned.

Everything was timely realeased well

You folks just want stuff released quickly which is not even a smart move

Lets thank god most of you do not work for Britney team

Yes and every stan has the RIGHT to be pressed about Make Me MV for the rest of recorded history, the fact they thought it was acceptable to release a Rebecca Black knock off as the lead single video for Britney Spears!! And then Larry ******* Rudolph goes and rubs salt in the wound saying the original video just didn't work, like WTF and the new one does?? It was the biggest disaster ever to befall the music industry and it's like Britney and her team just didn't give a fkΒ :lemmetellu:

Absolutely.

As of July 2017, G-Eazy was in the top 10 artists in a number of states in the US:

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-music-artist-by-state-according-to-pandora-2017-7/#tennessee-kevin-gates-42

And the song had huge momentum. But that atrocious video they released killed all the hype. As one of my non-Britney fan friends put it:

"It hurts her brand."

Worse than the Gimme More video. By far.

Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

Absolutely.

As of July 2017, G-Eazy was in the top 10 artists in a number of states in the US:

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-music-artist-by-state-according-to-pandora-2017-7/#tennessee-kevin-gates-42

And the song had huge momentum. But that atrocious video they released killed all the hype. As one of my non-Britney fan friends put it:

"It hurts her brand."

Absolutely, that ratchet *** MV for Gimme more fit the song perfectly and I've watched it countless times.Β 

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Absolutely.

"It hurts her brand."

True... plus Gimme More was kinda expected because of the circumstances but MM had no excuse other than β€œit just didn’t work”

Yes. Yes. Yes. I've said it a million times and I'll keep saying. It kinda did actually.Β 

First, it took too long for them to release it so we were extremely hyped and ready to be slayed at any given moment.

Then, that mess came out and I was totally overwhelmed, bored and kinda felt second-hand embarrassment.Β 

I was still slayed by Glory but had no hope for this era at all. It started and ended wrong.Β 

5 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

never

tumblr_obgkucEVWp1rdutw3o1_400.gif

What kills me is she looks SOOOOOOO damn good in this video and this era. I loved the style they were going for with her outfits and costumes and it was all kind of wasted because the world didn't get to see it like they would have eras 1-7, only the fans did. Which I guess good for us, but this gif even though the video was ridiculous look at that body and that outfit. Fiyah!

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Absolutely.

"It hurts her brand."

Yep! Had the original, more exciting video been released and had Britney given a bigger performance at the VMA's / TODAY Show, it would have helped the song massively.

47 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yep! Had the original, more exciting video been released and had Britney given a bigger performance at the VMA's / TODAY Show, it would have helped the song massively.

I'll never understand why Britney and her Team suddenly tookΒ a 180-degree turn.

The original video did look exciting. The original photography looked exciting. She was coming off the Billboard performance, and a bunch of magazine spreads (V Magazine, Flaunt, Marie Claire)Β that pushed the envelope compared to the BJ era.

Why the sudden change of tactics? She went from attracting attention again right back to being mediocre. I really don't believe Larry is the problem - he manages Miley and Fifth Harmony, and was also a part of her earlier, most controversial eras. Someone, or something is causing it, and considering how into the original MM video Britney looked, I don't believe it was Britney herself.

Yes, the video was a mess but the whole era was a complete disaster. Not to mention that she released the single, then nothing for weeks and then the album... Promoting Make Me. It was TOO late. And that video...Β :orangu:

That video ruined everything for me. I was SO excited with the original version that when I saw that messy **** it was like a big slap in my face.Β 

Another big problem was that people don't want anything more from Britney than herΒ pop hits., her team never let her change her image. She's known for big pop anthems and they want that (even fans) so when she tried something a bit differnt, no one cared about it. And it's a BIG shame because Make Me was great, the whole album idea was amazing and I loved it but they don't appreciate it.

9 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Everything was timely realeased well

You folks just want stuff released quickly which is not even a smart move

Lets thank god most of you do not work for Britney team

Yeah, like waiting one week after Glory was put on sale earlier in Mexico, to officially release it along with Barbra's album.

Β 

The problem with Make Me... was that atrocious video. I mean, the fact that the audio clip was still getting almost as much views as the official video after the latter came out, said a lot. People preferred to watch the still of her in the desert rather than the videoclip.

Archived