singles that could have been bigger on billboard?

JP9101

Crazy as second single?

Toxic as first single?

Overprotected as first single?

I wanna go as first single?

TTWE as first single?

Stronger as second single?

No seas cortes>better>do you wanna come over as second single?

Slumber party with a well-planned marketing advertising? 

WB with promo?

what do you think>>>? :brit:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy as second single? Bigger but would kill the momentum for the rest of the era

Toxic as first single? Bigger and would have helped the album sell more, however it might have struggled due to the radio ban

Overprotected as first single? Flop, teen pop was over

I wanna go as first single? Underwhelming, HIAM was a good choice to test the waters, after IWG, IO and DDB should have been the last singles to capitalize off her biggest radio era

TTWE as first single? Like I said above

Stronger as second single? Bigger

No seas cortes>better>do you wanna come over as second single? Flop, nothing would change, Currentney is a flop without proper promo efforts

Slumber party with a well-planned marketing advertising? Bigger

WB with promo? Bigger

:verycool:

Born To Make You Happy just an european single, why? Instead they released this - compared to BTMYH - boring song called From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart in the US, i don't get it.

Me Against The Music... presented In The Zone well, but is no singlematerial and even Madonna can't save it.

6 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Born To Make You Happy just an european single, why? Instead they released this - compared to BTMYH - boring song called From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart in the US, i don't get it.

Me Against The Music... presented In The Zone well, but is no singlematerial and even Madonna can't save it.

FTBOMBH at least went Platinum in the US

Crazy as second single? better but it wouldn't have mattered too much since the attention was still on BOMT. 

Toxic as first single? - Could have been a HUGE opening to the new more mature Britney phase. It would have differenciated much more the Britney teen bubblegum era to the new ****** In the zone era, plus the hype for her little come back at the time would have been greater than what it was. 

Overprotected as first single? - I think it would have stayed  the same. Lead singles are supposed to create a difference between your past work and the new one. It sounded more similar to the Oops album, plus the gap between both albums was pretty small so, for most of people would have been like another Oops - single. 

I wanna go as first single? - HIAM was great but in terms of sells and popularity IWG could have been a bigger single. Since I first listened to it I was like: this is a summer song. 

TTWE as first single? Almost the same as IWG, both catchy, repetitive and radio friendly. 

Stronger as second single? - Bigger. Britney's strenght are uptempo tracks. Ballads should be left at the end of an era as a last resource, unless they are as great as Everytime, Someday, I Run Away.  

No seas cortes>better>do you wanna come over as second single? When talking about Currentney NOTHING would make any significant difference if she and her team don´t make a smart promotional plan. Her problem is not the music, IT'S HER AND HER MANAGEMENT. No matter how great the music is, if she doesn´t want to expose it, it would just stay there. But, just to make a possible assumption:

- Change your mind, maybe the same as SP or even worse, some initial hype but it would have faded pretty soon as SP did. 

- Better: even when it is my favorite Glory track, it's like the IWG from Glory, it could have peak bigger but without promotion would be nothing. 

- DYWCO: the same, a great classic Britney track, it could have been better as a lead, but as a second? Maybe better than SP but not that different. 

Slumber party with a well-planned marketing advertising? Maybe not a huge top 10 but a well memorable Britney song as Overprotected, Lucky, Boys. 

WB with promo? - A huge hit. I always call it the Gagnam Style 2.0 (sorry but she just copied the pattern). It was barely promoted and yet, it reached an OK position, it sold well,  it somehow became a contemporary Britney trademark song. It had the potential but they let it die to focus on the Vegas thing at the time instead. 

Archived