SPOTIFY NON-SINGLE MOST LISTENED SONGS

danielandbrit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Not surprised at all about the first three or their respective order of popularity, given 1) they were all promo singles, 2) DYWCO was actually given a televised live performance (unlike her second single :britdrown:), and 3) PS had an accompanying perfume and commercial.

However, "Change Your Mind" could actually be reflective of some GP interest in the song and its hypothetical chances at having been a successful single. Oh well. :britstare11:

The first four are on that position because they came up at a time where streaming music has come a stronger source for music to be played. It's the same effect when talking about views on Youtube, huge hits before used to reach around 200-500 views, nowadays huge hits can reach 1 or 2 billion views, standards keep changing, it's just that. 

Well, I think it is because of that and as @Brichney. says, they were release as a teaser of what the album was gonna be like. Except Change your mind. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

and yet people will keep saying DYWCO wasn't single material 

It really was, it could have been a great 2nd or even a way better lead single than Make me. But I'm sure she would have found the way to turn it into a feature and include whatever nobody in it as she did with SP. :triggered:

We really can never have anything at its 100% :meltdown:

58 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

The first four are on that position because they came up at a time where streaming music has come a stronger source for music to be played. It's the same effect when talking about views on Youtube, huge hits before used to reach around 200-500 views, nowadays huge hits can reach 1 or 2 billion views, standards keep changing, it's just that. 

Well, I think it is because of that and as @Brichney. says, they were release as a teaser of what the album was gonna be like. Except Change your mind. 

Yeah that's precisely what I was intending to say (but maybe failed in wording it well). Essentially, Glory was released during the streaming age, so naturally the promo singles would receive the most streams aside from the actual singles, and of these promo singles, DYWCO would obviously receive the most since it had the greatest amount of actual promo (i.e., Today Show performance), followed by PS due to it coming in second in terms of quantity of exposure to the GP resultant of the commercial, segment on E, etc, while Clumsy is third as it was still a promo single, but received no additional promo outside of that fact.

Hence, I wasn't surprised by the numbers or their respective number of streams, unlike others on here who expected older album cuts to have made the list (despite streaming not having been a factor during that time period).

Hopefully this clarified my initial post, because we are seemingly on the same page. :) Also, excuse the paragraph consisting solely of run-on sentences; I'm using speech-to-text and the results are grammatically egregious. :gross:

4 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Yeah that's precisely what I was intending to say (but maybe failed in wording it well). Essentially, Glory was released during the streaming age, so naturally the promo singles would receive the most streams aside from the actual singles, and of these promo singles, DYWCO would obviously receive the most since it had the greatest amount of actual promo (i.e., Today Show performance), followed by PS due to it coming in second in terms of quantity of exposure to the GP resultant of the commercial, segment on E, etc, while Clumsy is third as it was still a promo single, but received no additional promo outside of that fact.

Hence, I wasn't surprised by the numbers or their respective number of streams, unlike others on here who expected older album cuts to have made the list (despite streaming not having been a factor during that time period).

Hopefully this clarified my initial post, because we are seemingly on the same page. :) Also, excuse the paragraph consisting solely of run-on sentences; I'm using speech-to-text and the results are grammatically egregious. :gross:

In DYWCO's case it might seem like the little promo, and being released before the album helped it, and it did, but if that was the case, Private Show and Clumsy that were released before, should have more streams or plays (or however it's called). DYWCO came out just one week before the album, so it had almost the same time to be listened to as the other album tracks.

It rapidly became the second most streamed Glory track on Spotify after Make Me..., before the Today performance and the festivals, and it stayed like that even a few days or weeks after the Slumber Party video came out. It took a while for SP to surpass DYWCO. And I have to recognize, even though I don't like it as a single, that Change Your Mind had potential as well, especially if we consider it was just a bonus track.

But the thing is that there really was something especial in DYWCO, and CYM to an extent: an undeniable hit potential that we'll never know in what it could've translated for Britney and the Glory era, something that SP lacks, even if it's a nice song. I'm totally convinced that if SP didn't have the videoclip, it would be around the 5M - 6M numbers.

I wonder if this is a sign her team needs to perform newer tracks and not the typical nostalgic ones?  (even though they are iconic af and love them (always on replay), let people miss them for a few years and focus on the newer tracks and other past non-single tracks - like how they did with BOM and TOMH).  Then when people kind of forget about the usual BOMT/Slave/Toxic/etc. then BAM make them remember it again with an iconic performance and get people all worked up again lol.

:cinderellaney:

4 minutes ago, stev0726 said:

Hell, i just emailed my boss a resignation letter. "Sorry, never coming back. I'm not the person you thought I was."

12 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I agree, it's very pretty and still maintains that incandescent quality to accurately reflect the album title (yet refrains from blinding the viewer or washing out the artist until she's nearly indistinguishable). 

Forgive me please...but the photo looks like someone is going down on her...and she’s in her”Glory”...yep...would’ve been “Better”.  

My minds in the gutter...oh well...it is half past *****. :milkney: 

Archived