11.) Rock Me In

12.) My Baby 

13.) Quicksand

14.) Rock Boy

15.) Amnesia

16.) Mannequin

17.) Out From Under

18.) Womanizer

Do you have an alternate tracklist for Glory? I've been trying to make one for awhile but it's pretty hard because there's not really any pop bangers on the album

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, storm said:

Do you have an alternate tracklist for Glory? I've been trying to make one for awhile but it's pretty hard because there's not really any pop bangers on the album

I keep trying to make one, but I'm really having trouble with placing Coupure Électrique and Invitation (because I'd rather have a a fast opening)

17 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I know it's all subjective, but I personally think the inclusion of "Mmm Papi" and "My Baby" alone substantially lower the overall quality of the album. All of the bonus tracks deserved a spot on the standard tracklist; I particularly love "Quicksand." She emotes very beautifully in it, and that vulnerability is something that's missing from the vast majority of the album (with the exception of a few obvious stand-outs, like "Unusual You.")

I also really don't like the inclusion of "Radar," but I know that couldn't be helped due to contractual obligations.

My Baby isn't bad, it just doesn't fit particularly well (Everyday however would've been great). I don't mind Mmm Papi but it's clearly the worst track. And I hate the opening of Amnesia, it also builds to the chorus way too quickly.

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2017 at 1:43 PM, ATWK said:

So you start the album with "we interrupt our program of dance music"? :calculating:

I’ve actually thought about this a lot, and I think that opening with “we interrupt our programme of dance music” is perfect. Blackout was more dance, and I think that kind of opening statement fits the entire era really well. It’s an announcement of the return of the Princess of Pop, and Circus is primarily a Pop album. 

On 10/11/2017 at 1:36 PM, Alex_1991 said:

01 Circus (the obvious perfect opener)

02 Womanizer (energetic song, great for #2)

03 Kill the Lights (it fits very well after woma)

04 If U Seek Amy (great uptempo, a nice break between the serious ktl ad sg)

05 Shattered Glass

06 Unusual You (a little softer after going pretty hard for the first 5 tracks)

07 Mannequin (it's strong enough to be upper in the track list, and it's a nice change of pace after unusual you)

08 Amnesia (such a great uptempo. Another nice break after three really serious songs)

09 Quicksand (I really don't think this is a masterpiece, but it's nice enough to fit in the main tracklist in this position)

10 Blur (moody yet ****. It fits this place perfecly in the tracklist)

11 Lace And Leather (this song is really underrated. It's ****, fun and really catchy).

12 Out From Under (I'm really not a fan of this song, mainly because of her horrible vocal performance in it. But it's the only ballad, and it's a perfect closure)

With this tracklist the album would have been full of hits after hits. No fillers and no mediocre songs.

(Deluxe)

13 Mmm Papi (it's a fun song, good enough to be a bonus track)

14 Trouble (it's a decent uptempo, but way too similar to get together from Madonna)

15  Phonography (**** song, I don't think it's strong enough for the main tracklist)

Rock Me In is awful
Rock Boy should be deleted from Earth.
I don't dislike My Baby, but it's really too cheesy lol
Radar should have stayed in Blackout, that's its place.

Special mention to a little masterpiece, Dangerous. Seriously, with finished vocals and album-worthy production it would have been a great song and a great single, almost Toxic - level.

vocals in out from under are angelic ....... ????

On 10/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, MmmDani said:

Why in the world is "Kill The Lights" not the Circus opener?

Mu track listing is:

1.) Kill The Lights (This is the perfect intro)

2.) Circus (seriously, listen to these two one after the other. It sounds incredible)

3.) Mmm Papi (hate this song but it goes well here (like Radar))

4.) Unusual You (This song is god tier and a break is needed after last three fast paced songs)

5.) Lace And Leather (follows UY really cleanly)

6.) Trouble (My fave)

7.) Blur (Break)

8.) If You Seek Amy (Need another banger and Blur fades out/IYSA fades in, so again it's a nice transition)

9.) Shattered Glass

10.) Phonography 

11.) Rock Me In (Phonography ends with "Go!" And RMI kicks off straight away (it just works))

12.) My Baby (Break (a really slow/beautiful one))

13.) Quicksand (Builds up from the start)

14.) Rockboy

15.) Amnesia

16.) Mannequin

17.) Out From Under (another perfect break before the grand finale)

18.) Womanizer (Ends on a high note and it doesn't really fit anywhere else imo)

OMG, while I was reading it I was imagining it and it sounds amazing! I’m going to do a playlist with this alternative tracklist tho. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, MmmDani said:

Why in the world is "Kill The Lights" not the Circus opener?

Mu track listing is:

1.) Kill The Lights (This is the perfect intro)

2.) Circus (seriously, listen to these two one after the other. It sounds incredible)

3.) Mmm Papi (hate this song but it goes well here (like Radar))

4.) Unusual You (This song is god tier and a break is needed after last three fast paced songs)

5.) Lace And Leather (follows UY really cleanly)

6.) Trouble (My fave)

7.) Blur (Break)

8.) If You Seek Amy (Need another banger and Blur fades out/IYSA fades in, so again it's a nice transition)

9.) Shattered Glass

10.) Phonography 

11.) Rock Me In (Phonography ends with "Go!" And RMI kicks off straight away (it just works))

12.) My Baby (Break (a really slow/beautiful one))

13.) Quicksand (Builds up from the start)

14.) Rockboy

15.) Amnesia

16.) Mannequin

17.) Out From Under (another perfect break before the grand finale)

18.) Womanizer (Ends on a high note and it doesn't really fit anywhere else imo)

The Circus tracklist should've been this:

1. Welcome To The Circus / Radetzky March [Intro]

2. Circus 

3. Womanizer

4. If u Seek Amy

5. Kill The Lights

6. Shattered Glass

7. Amnesia

8. B's Hotline (interulde) / Telephone (Remix) [ft. Beyoncè & Lady Gaga]

9. Mannequin

10. Unusual You

11. Out From Under