By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

My boyfriend (who doesn't admit he likes her ) always brings up that comment she made about supporting Bush in that michael Moore documentary but she was like 19 and basically said I'd support what my parents support 

its ****** up hw much media and people ****** with her even though she wouldn't harm a fly

• Love 3
  • Like 5

She was attacked for driving with little Sean Preston sitting on her knees, generally being "bad mother" (legendary day when she almost dropped Preston), and for making "silly" comments about gay people 
...and for walking without panties, remember :gimmemoar:

• Like 6
On 10/8/2017 at 12:14 PM, BKSTYL3 said:

this is problematic by association 

main.original.640x0c.jpg

This. Not saying she's guilty because she probably didn't even know him but a confederate flag isn't "fashion". :beyfedup:

The kiss and the head shave wouldn't be "problematic". Maybe to few deluded white SJWs on Tumblr but that's it. There's no such thing as "apropriating lesbian culture".

The snake was already problematic back in the day, just not as much as it would be today:

Spears first performed "I'm a Slave 4 U" at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards at the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City on September 6, 2001. The performance featured a number of exotic animals, including a white tiger and a live albino Burmese Python on her shoulders. The inclusion of the animals in the performance brought a great deal of criticism from animal rights organization PETA. (Source )

So were the Circus animals. The gun violence in Criminal was also controversial back in 2011. Even politicians talked about it. It shouldn't have been that big of a deal, in my opinion. The Perfume one was definetly problematic because of the association with the Virginia Tech shooting. Thank God they scrapped it. Shame the replacement was so bad.

The kimonos are debatable. If she did it purely for fashion without respect for the culture, then it is cultural appropriation. But, according to some Asian lady who met her when she wore one back in the ITZ era, she was very respectful.

Overall, she's not as problematic as many other pop stars. Queen. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

So many times.

• saying gays are somewhat girls
  • bollywood segment at tcsbs
  • the snake
  • the animals in circus
  • calling a pap fat and telling him to go to weightwatchers
  • promoting unsafe *** in pull out
  • driving with Preston on her lap and defending it

... off the top of my head :mhm:

What the hell is Pull Out? Is that a song? I know what pulling out is, but it sounds like you’re referencing her in a film or something :mattafact:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

What the hell is Pull Out? Is that a song? I know what pulling out is, but it sounds like you’re referencing her in a film or something :mattafact:

A song 

“you got to know when to pull out, it’s getting so hot now pull out, you’re making me panic, I can’t stand it tell me when you gon pull it”

• Haha 5
  • Like 1