Coupure Électrique

MmmDani

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

When did she ever say she was good at French? 

Don't know when she said it but I'm positive that I remember her saying it. She tried in that Crossroads interview didn't she? And she cowrote Coupure Électrique, and French is the second language in Louisiana. Soooo.....

i dont think Britney speaks french at all tho? lol, not one bit. And if she couldnt even sing that bridge in no seas cortes  in spanish i dont know how she managed to sing an entire song in french, because spanish is so much easier than french :omg: queen of confusion 

1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Dani... did you steal my profile pic ?

CE is one of my favorite non-singles EVER I love it, her french doesn't bother me at all, she's American it's perfectly fine.

It didn't bother me, but I couldn't understand what she was saying  so I looked it up and realisedwhy. That ruined it for me

2 hours ago, MmmDani said:

Don't know when she said it but I'm positive that I remember her saying it. She tried in that Crossroads interview didn't she? And she cowrote Coupure Électrique, and French is the second language in Louisiana. Soooo.....

That doesn't mean she knows much French. She probacly wrote CE in English and someone translated it. 

If she did know some French, she would probably know a few phrases or words but I doubt she ever spoke it fluently. Plus even if she did learn some basic French in school or something, it's easy to lose it if you don't use it.

I think it would have helped if she got someone who does speak the language fluently to help her with some of the pronunciations as it messed with the tenses and meaning. I hope she does more songs like this in the future, it was brave of her to do the whole song in French and it's also one of my favorites along with CYM

Archived