Femme Fatale Was Tragic

IconicShow

17 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

The FF Tour was absolutely awful, but POM is not good either. Choosing gifs which display a few select seconds of any one moment is hardly representative of the overall quality of the actual performance in question, much less reflective of an entire tour or residency. 

The only real improvement, IMO, is that Britney looks much happier and more energetic during POM than she did during FF. And as a fan, that makes me happy for her personally, but I am nevertheless cognizant of how much is still lacking professionally.

Truthfully, I had high hopes immediately following both the 2.0 revamp and her BBMA medley. Unfortunately, however, as the residency begins to wind down, I have to admit that with the exception of a few good nights throughout these past four years, her performance skills have remained largely unimpressive for the duration of the residency.

My thoughts exactly. POM is a mess most nights. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

actually, it does. In comparison. 

in comparison to what? her body? the "choreography" is terrible and she waters it down, the "costumes" are all lingerie basically (so terrible they cause nip slips), no pre recorded vocals at all (at least she was trying in FF), she's also stiff and has no rhythm at all in PoM. she had good days and bad days for both FF and PoM but they are both not that excellent. 

1 hour ago, MM said:

in comparison to what? her body? the "choreography" is terrible and she waters it down, the "costumes" are all lingerie basically (so terrible they cause nip slips), no pre recorded vocals at all (at least she was trying in FF), she's also stiff and has no rhythm at all in PoM. she had good days and bad days for both FF and PoM but they are both not that excellent. 

in comparision to everything. POM is a messy show, and its because its been on for too long with little investment since the revamp, but the difference is incredible.

Britney is physically in the best shape she's been in since 2003, maybe longer. FF Britney was unfit and kinda out of shape (to be doing a world tour). 
POM's costumes are incredibly cheap now, and have always been questionable, with the exception of a few. Femme Fatale Britney's were more expensive but didn't do anything for her. She looked out of shape in all of them, because they didn't suit here and were illfitting. Britney might be wearing leotards now but atleast they fit. 
Britney's rhythm is off during POM, for whatever reason, and that's kinda in excusable. obviously, but when she brings it, she brings it. Femme Fatale Britney had literally one date where she seemed like she had energy....for 15 seconds in pittsburgh. Every other date was horrible.
Yes, Femme Fatale had prerecorded vocals, and i do wish POM had those, there's no comparision, Femme Fatale Britney was horrible looking back. We'd drag Lady Gaga, beyonce, rihanna or christina if they was on stage like that.

8 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

in comparision to everything. POM is a messy show, and its because its been on for too long with little investment since the revamp, but the difference is incredible.

Britney is physically in the best shape she's been in since 2003, maybe longer. FF Britney was unfit and kinda out of shape (to be doing a world tour). 
POM's costumes are incredibly cheap now, and have always been questionable, with the exception of a few. Femme Fatale Britney's were more expensive but didn't do anything for her. She looked out of shape in all of them, because they didn't suit here and were illfitting. Britney might be wearing leotards now but atleast they fit. 
Britney's rhythm is off during POM, for whatever reason, and that's kinda in excusable. obviously, but when she brings it, she brings it. Femme Fatale Britney had literally one date where she seemed like she had energy....for 15 seconds in pittsburgh. Every other date was horrible.
Yes, Femme Fatale had prerecorded vocals, and i do wish POM had those, there's no comparision, Femme Fatale Britney was horrible looking back. We'd drag Lady Gaga, beyonce, rihanna or christina if they was on stage like that.

so basically both are bad but PoM is great bc she's in shape? lmao and she only "brought it" during the summer of 2015....and then went back to being blah. :whitneyshade:

On 06/10/2017 at 11:08 AM, Luminous said:

I got your point, but even if she was very bad at that time as a performer, the Femme Fatale tour will be in my heart no matter what. First time ever she came to my country. :gobaby:

At least, it was a very solid era, she delivered 4 singles, 3 of them very succesfull and HIAM is one of my favourite, as single and music video aswell.:mattafact:

I had so much fun at the Fft

On 6/10/2017 at 1:52 AM, IconicShow said:

The album was great but the Femme Fatale tour was tragic, I was watching some full shows of it last night and this evening and she was super stiff, uncomfortable and the costumes were a mess. Great song list for the show and the routines we're basic.

Vegas Piece Of Me snatched both Circus tour and Femme Fatale Tours.

Evidence below:

Femme Fatale Tour:

anigif_original-grid-image-18957-1403798giphy.giftumblr_meholpJQJL1rxbnfyo1_500.gifgiphy.gifBritney%20Spears%20Perform%20Live%20at%2

Circus Tour (A lot of gum chewing and lipping on this tour.

tumblr_inline_ndgmwj518j1qm5jtm.gifgiphy.gif

Currentney

source.gifgiphy.giflarge.gifgiphy.gif

19b9h3.gif

Britney went from using fake spray on Ab's to now looking her hottest since 2002-2003

britney-spears-2000.jpg?w=1620&h=2000

Britney literally gave the world "Something to talk about" when she sang live 100 percent and sounded GREAT.

Britney is doing things now that she hasn't done since her early days.

Why be so upset at what shes delivering now when it's slaying several previous era's.

Glory slays both the Circus and Femme Fatale albums.

The choreography has gotten better, she's in AMAZING shape, in love with Sam, has her sons, career and continues to work.

Femme Fatale tour was absolutely tragic. It just had 2/3 "good" nights (Paris, Stockholm and Miami weren't so bad) but she looked bloated, sad and stiff. The outftis weren't good but the production wasn't trashy (at least before she cut half of the stage for Europe). There were literally only 4 decent performances (Hiam, How I  Roll, Slave and Up And Down), the rest was mediocre (gimme more, 3, ttwe) or plain horrendous (everything else).

Circus tour is nowhere as good as this fanbase makes it look like. We were so frustrated back then by the total lacking of real dancing or singing. She looked like a doll though, very energetic and the production was definitely stunning.

Piece of Me 1.0 was basically an updated FF tour with better choreography, better outifts and a more involved Britney. It has been improving over the years until 2015, luckily.

Piece Of me 2.0 is such a wasted chance. She got a lot of better at dancing and her stage presence is on top, but the horrible make up / outfits and the amounts of scrapped choreography and filler performances ruin it for me.

Nowadays she should combine Circus outfits and production with prerecorded FF vocals. Take piece of me best choreography she's been doing over the years and she would have a decent show.
I'm so tired of seeing her half assing bad routines wearing  bikinis with horrible make up. She's energetic, she has her old stage presence back, her dancing improved a lot, her body is banging... get it together girl jesus ******* christ

• 10 months later...
On 10/6/2017 at 4:16 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

The tour was a disaster honestly! The album while decent hasn't aged well because it was too generic and hit centric, I do still listen to a few of the tracks semi regularly though! 

I tend to disagree, the album, even though it might be generic at times, provided for a fare amount of great songs, but TTWE is still one of my very favorite ones, so I might bias. Not to mention the bonus tracks, I mean they are fire!

On 10/6/2017 at 2:33 AM, IconicShow said:

I actually like several songs on BJ, what ruined it for me were the Myah vocals, production, Anthony Preston, Will I Am and how once he got on board he took over in a bad way.

There's always a song or two I don't care for and skip on each album.

1st album I skip The beat goes on

2nd album I skip Dear Diary

3rd album I skip Let me be

4th album I skip Brave new girl

5th album I skip Heaven on earth

6th album I skip Mmm Papi

7th album I skip trouble for me, how i roll

8th album I skip It should be easy, chillin wit chu

9th album I skip Coupure Électrique

You... voluntarily listen to Body Ache...?

Everythin up to OHT = best of old Britney (great performance ability with Britney's unique flare)

Circus Starring Britey Spears = worst of old Britney (majorly declined performance ability but still felt like Britney)

FFT = worst of new Britney (no performance ability and doesn't feel like Britney)

POM = best of new Britney (rarely feels like Britney but sometimes the performances are pretty good)

So depends if you prefer the BritneySpearsney spark of Circus or the slightly improved performance ability of POM.

Archived