Has anyone checked the views on Slumber Party recently?

jamesedward94

9 hours ago, David Rose said:

Yeah, but that was with pretty heavy promo for her standards. Carpool karaoke is the most popular viral promotion she could do, everyone and their moms saw that, literally my entire family who dont give a **** about her were all talking about it. Plus the VMAs which is a pretty big deal for Britney. It's not like she's gonna take the Grammy/Superbowl stage, so as far as awards shows go, that was big for her. Apple Music Festival which exposed her to every Apple subscriber, countless radio interviews as well as festival performances, which on the surface seem meaningless but are actually pretty important seeing as she has enough trouble getting radio stations to spin her stuff. That won't improve as time goes by. Yeah, the promo could have been more GLORY-centric, but she was definitely out there.

Take that promo away and that number wouldn't look so good. As she gets older and her career progresses further, she's not gonna amp up promotion, she's gonna tone it down. "Some effort" is a lot to ask for Britney, what we got for Glory was honestly her max effort promo wise. It can only go downhill from here. Also, I hate to say this, but she becomes more and more irrelevant by the day, you can literally feel it. For me, after the hyped up VMA performance and the subsequent snooze fest she delivered, it really kind of cemented the fact that the days of getting excited about Britney's performances and career are kind of over. And I don't just mean for us as stans, but for pop culture enthusiasts in general.

Hate to sound negative, but thats the truth. Radio support will continue to be a problem, streaming will continue to be a problem, and her dwindling loyal fanbase will have inevitably shrunk for a variety of reasons. Guarantee she won't break 100k sps for B10 and honestly, I would predict similar numbers to what Miley is doing with Younger Now. Maybe a tiny bit better, but in that ball park. Book it.

It wasn't havy promo....it was an OK promo tbh. She def promoted more than Brocolli Joan, but not as much as Circus or FF imo. :lessons:

Carpool was a good idea being badly executed, everyone made fun of her, even James Corden gave an ambiguous answer when they asked him if Britney's episode was uncomfortable. Her team shouldn't have exposed her without preparation, specially knowing that show was pretty hot back in 2016 (not sure if it's still on or hot) :tiffhair:

I like her VMA comeback but "Make Me" was the wrong choice for that performance. she's known for bringing down the house with dancing songs... it just felt something was missing. :tiffanynod:

Apart from that, she only did those festivals to a reduce amount of people, she was on Today's show performing 2 song and that was it. Oh, then she flew to UK for 2 censored interviews and a messy performance as well. :lemmetellu:

If we ever get  B10 instead of just promotional singles, I think the promo will be worse...call me negative, but her interest in her own career looks in comma to me  :whitney:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

It wasn't havy promo....it was an OK promo tbh. She def promoted more than Brocolli Joan, but not as much as Circus or FF imo. :lessons:

Carpool was a good idea being badly executed, everyone made fun of her, even James Corden gave an ambiguous answer when they asked him if Britney's episode was uncomfortable. Her team shouldn't have exposed her withouyt preparation, specially knowing that show was pretty hot back in 2016 (not sure if it's still on or hot) :tiffhair:

I like her VMA comeback but "Make Me" was the wrong choice for that performance. she's known for bringing down the house with dancing songs... it just felt something was missing. :tiffanynod:

Apart from that, she only did those festivals to a reduce amount of people, she was on Today's show performing 2 song and that was it. Oh, then she flew to UK for 2 censored interviews and a messy performance as well. :lemmetellu:

If we ever get  B10 instead of just promotional singles, I think the promo will be worse...call me negative, but her interest in her own career looks in comma to me  :whitney:

It was heavy for her standards, and also strategic. In terms of visibility, CK and VMA give more exposure than GMA and late night talk shows. The radio festival performances and interviews weren't about the audience sizes, but about getting major radio stations to support her music. I'm not saying the promo was executed flawlessly, but her name was out there, she was very visible. Britney and her team will never do promo properly because a) she's Britney, she's awkward, she hates doing it, and she doesn't have near the drive that she once did and b) her team are kind of clueless as to how to maximize the effectiveness of the promo. I don't see any of these factors magically changing for B10.

12 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But it wasn't GOOD promo. You could barely hear her on CK, she was also very awkward and just didn't want to be there. Her performances were also too safe and boring. Yes, she was given a good amount of exposure but if you're not truly grabbing attention is it really worth it? Picture the same promo but with her actually giving a next level ****. Imagine what the VMA performance could have done for the album if she brought the house down with a big dance number or even throw a curveball and perform acoustically.

yeah...it was generic promo and also not well executed. Although, the Apple Music Festival was very amazing imo. I just can't believe she didn't do any new songs. her performances were so good. she had a chance!

4 hours ago, CJMCH said:

3 pages of people that could be actually streaming it...

About 200k to hit 71 m

Who cares about that sinking ship? :tiffcackle: If she wants a certified video, then she should've promoted it. :whitney:

Anyway, let's stream the Everytime video, a song which she actually cared about. It's getting around 40k daily and expected to reach 100M in May of next year.

Archived