Up until Glory gave us Explicitney with "Slumber Party" and "Liar", we had to settle with Censorney for several songs (not including "Work Work"):

"Early Mornin'"
"Get Naked"
"Hot As Ice"
"911"
"Blur"
"3" (editing "Living in sin is the new thing" in the music video...c'mon, America)
"(Drop Dead) Beautiful"

After lots of searching and researching, I have been able to find explicit versions for all the tracks above, except "Blur". Does anybody know if an explicit version actually exists? Were censor effects used in the first verse without her actually having said "This ****'s way too f*ckin' bright"?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Blur must have been uncensored for its demo version. Get Naked and Hot As Ice both were, also there's rumours the demo version of Freakshow is uncensored.

Not sure if this counts but in Lonely in the first verse Britney sings 'I won't take your ??? no more' and I'm pretty sure she's supposed to say **** but it's censored.

Also, how was DDB censored?

On 9/29/2017 at 2:51 PM, Isla. said:

I'm sure Blur must have been uncensored for its demo version. Get Naked and Hot As Ice both were, also there's rumours the demo version of Freakshow is uncensored.

Not sure if this counts but in Lonely in the first verse Britney sings 'I won't take your ??? no more' and I'm pretty sure she's supposed to say **** but it's censored.

Also, how was DDB censored?

The final verse of Sabi's rap is censored: "Boy, come over here with your **** ***"

I'd love to find a version of "Freakshow" where she actually says "****", but it sounds like the official lyrics are "ish". Boo.

I don't get how someone who could have a video of her pole dancing, or naked in a sauna, or naked with jewels on, or literally have pictures of her ****** out there couldn't swear in songs. Like really? I don't mind that they're censored but it seems odd since she was fairly controversial in other aspects of her career

4 hours ago, vnisverx said:

The final verse of Sabi's rap is censored: "Boy, come over here with your **** ***"

I'd love to find a version of "Freakshow" where she actually says "****", but it sounds like the official lyrics are "ish". Boo.

I didn't notice that about DDB lol. 

Also apparently in the demo version of Freakshow she says '*******' in the first verse instead of chicks ('make them other ******* mad')

2 hours ago, Itachi said:

Do Somethin' wasn't censored too and I think she sang "****" twice towards the end of the song. And there was no explicit warning label on the Greatest Hits album covers.

Oh yeah that one's interesting. Also she sings '***' in Early Mornin' and the Ying Yang twins say it in Boom Boom but it's not censored (but '****' was censored for the album version of Early Mornin')

16 hours ago, December02 said:

I don't get how someone who could have a video of her pole dancing, or naked in a sauna, or naked with jewels on, or literally have pictures of her ****** out there couldn't swear in songs. Like really? I don't mind that they're censored but it seems odd since she was fairly controversial in other aspects of her career

Censoring swear-words in general is dumb. The concept of swear words is even dumber now that I think of it. :calculating:

Words are words, get over it! :verycool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 1:23 AM, Itachi said:

Do Somethin' wasn't censored too and I think she sang "****" twice towards the end of the song. And there was no explicit warning label on the Greatest Hits album covers.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:49 PM, britneymegamix said:

I think she says "FREAK" :mattafact:

1 hour ago, vnisverx said:

It sounds a lot like "****" though distorted. The mood of the song certainly leans towards that sentiment anyways.

It’s actually “****”. The official lyrics from her website had “****” on it. :mhm:

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It’s actually “****”. The official lyrics from her website had “****” on it. :mhm:

I love the whole buzz around this song and video. Its quick film time, Britney's total control over the production, its prohibited release in the US, the lawsuit from Louis Vuitton (and its ban on European TV channels thereafter), the allusion to Mona Lisa...such good fuel for all the Original Doll rumours too :slayney:

Archived