Hugh Hefner Was "Obsessed" With Getting Britney Spears To Cover Playboy

Jordan Miller

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

she kinda did get nude for her mv like toxic and the cover of rolling stone though which it pretty much the same thing

4a457820-e838-0132-c03b-0a13eebe068d.jpg

umm the article says that they wanted her but really willing to pay as much as she wanted

but idk if this article is correct because access hollywood says they didn't offer her to pose then but would love to have her when she gets her life in control and better

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/was-britney-spears-rejected-by-playboy-61214/

And also this iconic cover!

b111ae7e3adfeacc10b01e0d87f4e038.gif

20 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

One may think whatever we want about him, the magazine and stuff, but I think I'll take the "most positive" out of this story, and it's the fact that an old man, whatever he was or whatever he did, ignore who people like Pink or Ashanti were, but was totally conscious of Britney Spears, and he was even obsessed with her, for whatever reason.

Even if he just wanted Britney on the cover because he knew she was gonna be his best business, and not precisely because he owned her albums, the undeniable truth is that even older men like him knew her. It might not be the most flattering thing or the best compliment for a woman like Britney that Hugh Hefner was obsessed with her, but that shows us how big she was. So when people make threads in here asking if Britney was once "as famous as Taylor Swift currently is" ( 2qk6mgi.jpg ) I just wish they could understand the size of her stardom and popularity back then. It's really hard because now we don't have many things to measure how popular she was back then, like how many people listened to her songs on the radio or watched her videos on MTV, or how many actual, literal followers she had prior to the social media we have now, but I know her popularity had no boundaries, she was liked in many countries, in many cultures, by all ages, all genders and orientations, of course there were haters as it was natural, but her popularity was humongous.

Totally true. Back when Internet wasn't popular, she was still an international icon.

I'm from India and i can tell you everyone and i mean everyone around me knew the name Britney. IfΒ you'd asked anyone, the two names they'd always know is MJ and Britney Spears. 20% people knew Madonna.

The most popular things back then was the Oops song(more than BOMT), Persi commercial with Enrique(He was an international postar too,Β nobody knew the other two girls)Β Toxic(esp Bollywood themed), VMA kiss. And then came VMA 2007. It was so huge that it was on front of an Indian major newspaper titledΒ "Oops she did it again".Β 

The major hit Britney did was the baby voice with the **** image. Nobody can do it. Everyone else just make it cheesy. She had that major X factor and then she danced the **** out of it. And dancing really helped to lookΒ her as a respected artist.

There was a reason she was the most googled person for so many consecutive years.Β 

ezgif_2_599ed00a41.gif

Β 

Β 

β€’Β Hugh Hefner'sΒ former West Coast Playboy bureau chief,Β Heidi Parker, says he was obsessed with havingΒ Britney SpearsΒ on the cover of Playboy.

β€’ Hefner was set on having Spears on the cover inΒ 2004.

β€’Β He actually always wanted her on the cover from the day she turned eighteen.

β€’ Parker would suggest others for the cover but he was relentless saying,Β "I want Britney for the cover, I don't want anyone else. I want Britney or no one! Get her to do it. It would sell like crazy."

β€’Β Larry Rudolph, Britney's manager alluded to the magazine that she might be keen on doing it but it never happened.

β€’ In the end, even Legends sometimes simply aren'tΒ multidimensional like Halsey.

lol. k.
7t_EDLNe.gif

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/107862744.htm

ezgif_2_599ed00a41.gif

Β 

β€’ Hugh Hefner's former West Coast Playboy bureau chief, Heidi Parker, says he was obsessed with having Britney Spears on the cover of Playboy.

β€’ Hefner was set on having Spears on the cover in 2004.

β€’ He actually always wanted her on the cover from the day she turned eighteen.

β€’ Parker would suggest others for the cover but he was relentless saying, "I want Britney for the cover, I don't want anyone else. I want Britney or no one! Get her to do it. It would sell like crazy."

β€’ Larry Rudolph, Britney's manager alluded to the magazine that she might be keen on doing it but it never happened.

β€’ In the end, even Legends sometimes simply aren't multidimensional like Halsey.

lol. k.
7t_EDLNe.gif

Β 

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/107862744.html

Archived