Which fandom most relates to the b-army?

naturalplayboy

What other fandom experiences the most highs and disappointment as us? Who understands us most?

i feel like it might be the lambily. lol just watched Mariahs hip hop honors performance which I loved so much. And felt the same excitement I did being a Britney fan. 

Mariah is living off her legacy and is just a anorher version of her prime.i think the lambs experience the same embarrassment and excitement we do. We're proud to Stan a legend but where do we go from here.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fighters, but they have it a lot worse. :chershade:

But the real awnser is Shakira stans. It's meltdown after meltdown. Neither Brit or Shak give a ****, both have forgotten how to perform, both are "a mom now", both hate attending awards shows, both have horrible management, neither will leave their cities (Vegas and Barcelona), and neither of them has released a great album since 2006/07. :chershade: 

25 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

But the real awnser is Shakira stans. It's meltdown after meltdown. Neither Brit or Shak give a ****, both have forgotten how to perform, both are "a mom now", both hate attending awards shows, both have horrible management, neither will leave their cities (Vegas and Barcelona), and neither of them has released a great album since 2006/07. :chershade: 

Really? I had no idea honestly, I have seen her on the voice before and thought she was involved in her career 

29 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

And you stan both :byebitch: Britney and Shakira give Pedro what he deserves :lemmetellu: I stan Britney, MJ, and Mariah. I can't expect anything from MJ and Mariah is basically done with her career (she's still a legend) and I still have hope for Britney :mcry: she's already a pop legend but I want her to reach new heights. But back to the OP, probably Lambs like you said. I suffer so much with my faves :tiffanycries:

15 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Really? I had no idea honestly, I have seen her on the voice before and thought she was involved in her career 

She is very much in control of her career, but she's very lazy and has been dickmatized ever since she met Piqué.

Do you remember any televised performance of Chantaje? Neither do I. Any big talk show interview? Nope. Carpool? Delayed for a week, ended up doing that Apple Music mess instead of Corden and forced Trevor to go to Barcelona.

The worst part is that even when she loses, she wins. She didn't put any effort, made an album full of already-released collabs, etc. Even so, she'll still get huge nominations and sales in the Latin market. She has no competition there. Thalia? Local. J.Lo? Flop. She's the Madonna of the Latin world and she chooses to not work. I understand that she wants to be a mom but that shouldn't stop her from promoting. Those kids have a father and he can take care of them as well.

Management-wise, her eras have always been a mess, except for DELL and Laundry Service. Let's not forget she's the girl who followed up a monster hit of the year (HDL) with Illegal, made a lazy video for it and abandoned the era. Her sucess is due to her talent, ability to create/follow trends, good music and luck.

This thread of the El Dorado era explains everything. It's 240+ pages long so you won't read it, but it's meltdown after meltdown over not promoting, bad costumes, avergage performances and fear of what the tour will be.

I'm not gonna complain too much because I still think she's doing better than Britney, but it's sad to know her potential and see her throw it away (same thing with Britney).

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She is very much in control of her career, but she's very lazy and has been dickmatized ever since she met Piqué.

Do you remember any televised performance of Chantaje? Neither do I. Any big talk show interview? Nope. Carpool? Delayed for a week, ended up doing that Apple Music mess instead of Corden and forced Trevor to go to Barcelona.

The worst part is that even when she loses, she wins. She didn't put any effort, made an album full of already-released collabs, etc. Even so, she'll still get huge nominations and sales in the Latin market. She has no competition there. Thalia? Local. J.Lo? Flop. She's the Madonna of the Latin world and she chooses to not work. I understand that she wants to be a mom but that shouldn't stop her from promoting. Those kids have a father and he can take care of them as well.

Management-wise, her eras have always been a mess, except for DELL and Laundry Service. Let's not forget she's the girl who followed up a monster hit of the year (HDL) with Illegal, made a lazy video for it and abandoned the era. Her sucess is due to her talent, ability to create/follow trends, good music and luck.

This thread of the El Dorado era explains everything. It's 240+ pages long so you won't read it, but it's meltdown after meltdown over not promoting, bad costumes, avergage performances and fear of what the tour will be.

I'm not gonna complain too much because I still think she's doing better than Britney, but it's sad to know her potential and see her throw it away (same thing with Britney).

I'll check out the thread later, I thought meltdowns were exclusive to B-Army only! Lol

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

At least Shakira is still passionate, and still a good performer.

You can't blame her for caring more about her kids than her career. That's what a good mom do. :outwithit:

5 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

At least Shakira is still passionate, and still a good performer.

You can't blame her for caring more about her kids than her career. That's what a good mom do. :outwithit:

She's only passionate about Pique and Barcelona and her performances are a mess nowadays. They're just not as messy as Britney's.

Compare the mess above with this performances from 2007 and 2010, respectively:

Her vocals declined, her dancing declined, her costumes aren't good anymore - better than leotards but that's not saying much, her music declined, etc. She doesn't care anymore. She'll still get streams, sales, endorsements, publicity, World Cup songs and money because she's Shakira.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
38 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She's only passionate about Pique and Barcelona and her performances are a mess nowadays. They're just not as messy as Britney's.

Compare the mess above with this performances from 2007 and 2010, respectively:

Her vocals declined, her dancing declined, her costumes aren't good anymore - better than leotards but that's not saying much, her music declined, etc. She doesn't care anymore. She'll still get streams, sales, endorsements, publicity, World Cup songs and money because she's Shakira.

She dances like Beyonce now, because belly dancing isn't a thing anymore :sobbing:

So yeah, it doesn't look as unique as before.

But it's nothing new, Shakira started changing her style around 2009

51 minutes ago, Vessel. said:

As much as I, love Lana, she is a mess :gross:

She kinda is, isn't she? 

I was so disappointed when she re-did that festival circuit with the same background/decor, the same ''choreos'', in adidas tracksuits, with the same safe setlist, yes we all love her old songs/hits but I need her to give Honeymoon some love:lemmetellu: Even just a song would be cool by me:crying1:

30 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

She dances like Beyonce now, because belly dancing isn't a thing anymore :sobbing:

So yeah, it doesn't look as unique as before.

But it's nothing new, Shakira started changing her style around 2009

For Shakira, belly dancing will always be a thing. It's what the public wants from her. People will always associate her with belly dancing (receipts). With the risk of sounding cliche, Shakira's hips just don't lie.

I'm glad she doesn't solely cater to the GP, but she needs to either belly dance or get choreo. That improv thing she does nowadays is a mess. :waitwhat:

And while it's true she changed in 2009, it was gradual. Her glo up had already started in the OF2 era. The real change, I'd say was in 2011/12. She started getting lazier, she stopped taking risks, the music became generic, the dancing became non-existent, etc.

Here's what I mean by taking risks (link):

DELL was a risk with the rock chick and the arabic sounds and the deep lyrics after she was known as a nice girl in PD. LS was a risk taking over the world in a language you're barely fluent in with a sound that's not what's on trend at that time. FO was a risk changing drastically her sound and what she was known for in latin america. FO2 was a risk trying to recover the anglo market that she had acquired with whenever wherever and proving that she wasn't just a one hit wonder. She Wolf was a risk [though probably safer than anything else she had done] going out full out electronic pop changing again her sound. SES was a risk introducing merengue out of all things to popular music and making Loca an alright hit even in English, who else has performed a merengue song in top anglo shows in north america? ST and Dorado have not been risks. A collab with one of the biggest artists in the world as lead single for self titled was a recipe for success. An album full of collabs with some of the hottest latin acts at the moment as well as using popular trendy sounds (that she has had success with before) at the moment is not taking a risk. Now don't get me wrong, I still love her music, but saying she's as big as a risk taker as she used to be is right out delusional. She's releasing music for fun, as a hobby now as she said.

I didn't write it, but it's true. Until SES, she was still different from her peers. She had that latin "free" feel. The same way Britney was Hollywood in her prime, Shakira was, until 2012, a mix of Latin America and the Arab World.  She stopped that with self-titled and Americanized her sound, look, dance moves, etc.

19 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Glory?:mhmsureny:

3 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

But lets be honest, Glory is a pretty good album, especially after the Britney Billie Jean disaster.

Not for me. Better than Brenda Joanne? Absolutely. But I still think it's average and far from "great". It got stale really fast. Just my opinion.

For me, her albums go: ITZ>BO>Oops>Britney>FF>Circus>Glory>>>>>>>(infinity)>>>>>>>BJ. Haven't heard BOMT in full yet, but I assume it would go between Glory and BJ.

• Great: ITZ, BO.
  • Good: Oops, Britney, FF, Circus
  • Average: Glory.
  • Bad: probably BOMT.
  • Trash: BJ.

Archived