What do you think are some of Britney's most underrated and overrated tracks?

DignifiedLove

6 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

I absolutely adore the sound of "BTG" so for me it holds more of a nostalgic value to it. I know exactly what you're talking about because the producers didn't even complete the production which is why I question as to how fans wanted a demo-like song for a single. Had it been mastered with a proper bridge, it probably would have been single-material and more valued. Nevertheless, I love the song.

Same goes with "She'll Never Be Me", "Am I A Sinner",  and "When I Say So". Such wasted potential that could have been a game-changer for Britney in  2001/2002 had they been remastered and officially released. Instead they released two version of "Overprotected" and "ILRNR". Such a messy era. :tiffsniffle:

Sometimes I do wonder what Britney would be like had the Crossroads soundtrack been released and freed up a couple slots on the studio album. Would it have flopped? Would we have an album more in the vein of Slave / Boys? Would we have the same album, only with a bit more mature teen pop material?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Hold it Against Me has to be the most overrated. :lemmetellu: Trash with a capital T. :awww:

Meanwhile, Shadow is underrated. People like it, but ironically it has always been the shadow of Everytime. Even if Shadow is a much better ballad. :awww: 

I always say I don't understand all the HIAM love. I don't think it's the worst song ever, but it's easily one of her worst lead singles ever! It's between that and WB. And I do agree with Shadow > Everytime. Both are beautiful but facts are facts:staysalty:

Overrated

• Gimme More (I do enjoy this song, but it's overhyped here)
  • Inside Out
  • Slumber Party
  • I'm A Slave 4 U
  • Kill The Lights
  • Outrageous
  • Work *****
  • Boys (Co-Ed Remix) [I prefer the original]
  • Hold It Against Me
  • Girls And Boys 
  • Change Your Mind
  • Just Luv Me
  • Phonography
  • The Answer
  • Heaven On Earth
  • Don't Cry
  • All That She Wants

Underrated

• Make Me
  • Criminal
  • How I Roll
  • From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
  • Sometimes
  • One Kiss From You
  • That's Where You Take Me
  • Perfect Lover
  • Why Should I Be Sad
  • I'll Never Stop Loving You
  • He About To Lose Me
  • Shattered Glass
  • When I Found You
  • Walk On By
  • Heart
  • Strangest Love
19 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I always say I don't understand all the HIAM love. I don't think it's the worst song ever, but it's easily one of her worst lead singles ever! It's between that and WB. And I do agree with Shadow > Everytime. Both are beautiful but facts are facts:staysalty:

Oh, I agree with Work ***** as well. I kinda forgot about it, might even swap HIAM for Work *****. Work ***** is good for a workout, outside of that, it's TERRIBLE! :awww:

Overrated

Toxic (don’t come for me, it’s Ahead of ITS time and all, but it’s Not THE best Britney track)

if I’m dancing..... just why?

liar. Cute, but not that amazing!

Slumber party (Tinashe version)

womanizer

TTWE

DYWCO

underrated:

Just Like Me

Where are you now

When I found You

hot as ice

Shadow, her best ballad for me kinda

Don’t hang up

don’t go knockin

Seal it with a kiss

gasoline

Blur

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

blackout in general is overrated as FUCKKKK by this fanbase. its a good album, a solid pop record but y'all make out that it invented a new genre or something :tiffcackle: 

Oh no, you committed a sin on here, duck and cover :tiffcackle:

I’m just thinking of all the people who specifically traveled to the rock and roll hall of fame to look for the album, only to be disappointed :tiffcackle:

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Sometimes I do wonder what Britney would be like had the Crossroads soundtrack been released and freed up a couple slots on the studio album. Would it have flopped? Would we have an album more in the vein of Slave / Boys? Would we have the same album, only with a bit more mature teen pop material?

I wonder about that too. I do assume that Britney would have had a more urban sound while Crossroads would have most of the bubblegum pop. I'm kinda glad they didn't proceed with that though because I think it could have impacted the sales of both albums. Britney was already considered underwhelming compared to BOMT and OIDIA, so having 2 albums at the time could have further diminished their sales. Also, ITZ wouldn't have much of an impact if Britney had many urban songs.

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

blackout in general is overrated as FUCKKKK by this fanbase. its a good album, a solid pop record but y'all make out that it invented a new genre or something :tiffcackle: 

I get what you mean. I LOVE the album, but some people make it seem like she reinvented music with this, and completely changed the game. 

The sad reality is that the album was incredibly overlooked by the GP, and most only know GM or POM from this time period. BTI is a fan fave for sure but it's not really memorable to the GP overall I feel like.

Just now, Itachi said:

I wonder about that too. I do assume that Britney would have had a more urban sound while Crossroads would have most of the bubblegum pop. I'm kinda glad they didn't proceed with that though because I think it could have impacted the sales of both albums. Britney was already considered underwhelming compared to BOMT and OIDIA, so having 2 albums at the time could have further diminished their sales. Also, ITZ wouldn't have much of an impact if Britney had many urban songs.

I'm happy with the Britney album, but I do wish the urban / bubblegum was 50/50 and not 80/20. It would have worked as a better transition / coming of age album rather than them having Oops 2.0 with some R&B thrown in.

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

Oh no, you committed a sin on here, duck and cover :tiffcackle:

I’m just thinking of all the people who specifically traveled to the rock and roll hall of fame to look for the album, only to be disappointed :tiffcackle:

i am soooo going to hell :tiffcackle: noooo imagine the little twits multiple threads about how the hall of fame is using britney just like the grammys :tiffcackle:

Archived