Girl hated Britney as a teenager but loves her as an adult

nonoiseplz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ryu said:

I have always found this ridiculous. I've always been a Britney and Avril fan and I still can't understand why the fandoms used to hate each other:giggleney:

Because Avril did an interview with some website called chart attack saying she was a real artist and that Britney dress like a *****, like a week before the video to "Complicated"  premiered. Noone had ever heard of her nor her song but suddenly Avril marketing was everyone online and clips of her music and upcoming video were readily available. Avril and her record label  first promoted her as the anti-Britney before most people even heard her music.  A lot of Britneys pre-teen fans who either turned / were turning against her because of her sexier image/songs/ and lack of virginity, moved on to Avril. Avril came out in a very anti-Britney time and her record label capitalized off marketing her as THE teenage anti-Britney.

21 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

That's immediately what I thought of--her outfit in the first picture looks identical to something I recall seeing Avril wearing, maybe even on an album cover/booklet. Even though it carries no weight whatsoever, now it's bothering me that I can't remember.:Lshark:

ETA: It's also bothering me that she's in a doctoral program, and yet her statement contains numerous glaring grammatical issues. 

And no, I am not a fun person at parties. :mattafact:

I'm starting my own PhD soon and sometimes make the odd mistake on Twitter or a forum, but there is a big difference between academic writing and posting a statement on a website. For all we know she could be an excellent academic writer with a publication or two under her belt. Depends what field she's in too. Anyone know her name? 

7 minutes ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

I'm starting my own PhD soon and sometimes make the odd mistake on Twitter or a forum, but there is a big difference between academic writing and posting a statement on a website. For all we know she could be an excellent academic writer with a publication or two under her belt. Depends what field she's in too. Anyone know her name? 

Oh, I know; hence, I added the disclaimer thereafter! It was just my non-humorous way of demonstrating that I have no sense of humor. :Lshark:

I'm also in a PhD program and have been published in Nature, but am guilty of egregious grammatical errors on a daily basis either via text message or on this particular platform! Congratulations on your acceptance, what field will you be entering? :)

19 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Because Avril did an interview with some website called chart attack saying she was a real artist and that Britney dress like a *****, like a week before the video to "Complicated"  premiered. Noone had ever heard of her nor her song but suddenly Avril marketing was everyone online and clips of her music and upcoming video were readily available. Avril and her record label  first promoted her as the anti-Britney before most people even heard her music.  A lot of Britneys pre-teen fans who either turned / were turning against her because of her sexier image/songs/ and lack of virginity, moved on to Avril. Avril came out in a very anti-Britney time and her record label capitalized off marketing her as THE teenage anti-Britney.

And now she went to see her Pom show and bought a m&g ticket :tiffcackle:

On 9/18/2017 at 3:40 PM, Ryu said:

I have always found this ridiculous. I've always been a Britney and Avril fan and I still can't understand why the fandoms used to hate each other:giggleney:

What's exponentially more ridiculous is that even though currently the vast majority of the members comprising these "fandoms" are grown adults (or very nearly so), these feuds continue to persist! We need not look any further than the threads consistently popping up on this very forum--on multiple occasions, there are more threads/posts dragging Beyonce, Xtina, Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc than there are about Britney herself! It's so insane to me.

Even though Britney is my favorite artist, I love several different popstars, but whenever I don't like someone, I simply don't listen to them! I certainly don't start antagonizing their respective fans on an internet forum. Honestly, I will never, ever understand these "stan wars." Like, how the hell is "Britney vs Xtina" STILL a thing?! It's so damn childish. :nyheadache:

Archived