Am I the only one who genuinely appreciates Britney's early 2000s fashion?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved how she dressed. And a lot of that stuff only looks crazy now because it's outdated but back then all celebs were dressing similarly. Now everything is all about super high fashion but it wasn't always. When ppl are like oh she's always dressed tacky or whatever. No she hasn't. She used to look put together and glamorous even when not wearing the cutest things. It was her personal style but really cute.

7 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I loved how she dressed. And a lot of that stuff only looks crazy now because it's outdated but back then all celebs were dressing similarly. Now everything is all about super high fashion but it wasn't always. When ppl are like oh she's always dressed tacky or whatever. No she hasn't. She used to look put together and glamorous even when not wearing the cutest things. It was her personal style but really cute.

YASSS Preach. The crop of pop stars then used to actually incorporate DETAIL to their outfits and streetwear. Not just Britney, but a majority of the big name pop stars.

I mean I compare Britney's TCA and VMA looks from recent to then and I can't believe it's the same person who used to wear such intricate outfits. 

Britney_Spears_2009-Teen-Choice-Awards_V

article-2031436-0D9DDD2C00000578-879_634

1 minute ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

I loved and missed when fashion for pop stars was like this! All of them dressed like this. So sad that along with pop the art of pop fashion died. Loved early 2000s fashion particularly from 98-02!

Nothing will ever compare to early 2000's fashion for me. Some may call it tacky but I completely disagree. 

I liked early 2010's fashion as well but nothing will compare to early 2000's. 

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The OP is hit and miss. Some of those outfits are iconic and amazing and others are straight up ugly *** **** from Ashley Tisdale's 2006 closet.

CMdIUjcUwAEyZVh.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/briangalindo/17-photos-of-ashley-tisdale-that-prove-she-was-the

Sis, I wasn't talking about 2006 fashion or Ashley Tisdale's Walmart wardrobe. There's no denying that mid-to-late 2000s fashion is disgusting and definitely suffered an identity crisis.

No it was just the style of the era, everyone thought it was the coolest **** around to dress down. We were just coming out of the post grunge/hip hop era, so they sort of blended together and some really cool styles came about, almost all of them showing off their abs, iconic :angietea:

998ecc43f8a13610688d54fc9bb86e9c--shakir

fashion-2015-08-2001-madonna-ray-of-ligh

throwback-thursday-janet-jackson-mtv-ico

aaliyah-2000.jpg

mariah-carey-birthday-03.jpg

gal-jenniferlopez-16-jpg.jpg

whitney-houston-fashion-gallery-septembe

The late 90s/early 00s are sort of like the 80s in a sense, if you remember them too much you weren't around to see them :drinky:

6 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

2000dec5-britney-spears-outrageous-fashi

This was completely meant to be a joke outfit, though. She specifically has said she only picked it out and wore it because one of the magazines would always place her in the Worst Dressed category.

I just find it ironic that it's the first outfit pictured when it was a silent middle finger. :tiffcackle:

9 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

This was completely meant to be a joke outfit, though. She specifically has said she only picked it out and wore it because one of the magazines would always place her in the Worst Dressed category.

I just find it ironic that it's the first outfit pictured when it was a silent middle finger. :tiffcackle:

No it wasn't like that, She was totally convinced, that looks awesome...

She told about it in one interview I think, few years later .:snapney:

I always seen that outfit like sth from Destiny's child closet
msg-13582952012.jpg

What were They thinking ? :hehehe:

3 minutes ago, falka said:

No it wasn't like that, She was totally convinced, that looks awesome...

She told about it in one interview I think, few years later .:snapney:

Really? Because I remember in one of the magazines that was about her (like, a TeenBop that was a Britney special magazine), she said it was meant to be a joke. Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised her opinion changed. :embarrassney:

3 minutes ago, falka said:

always seen that outfit like sth from Destiny's child closet
msg-13582952012.jpg

What were They thinking ? :hehehe:

The late nineties/early 2000's were one hell of a time, is all I can say. :hahaha: Always those matching, hideous outfits, omg.

Archived