The Britney (2001) album is TRASH!!!! T R A S H!!!!

celebration2009

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/09/2017 at 7:17 PM, CashmereCat said:

Mine favorite 3 in order are Oops, ITZ, Blackout.

Britney is 4th and I love it, 5th BOMT, then everything else is garbage (albeit some Circus songs but that album is filler trash IMO)

nnn Nina that like the same order as me, great minds think alike :Lshark:

Oops is so underrated as an album :lemmetellu: and her vocals in it :myjam:

Homegirl needs to go for vocal lessons and do a modern day Oops :lemmetellu:

I however do like about half of Glory and in Circus a few songs here and there :moorangu:

I listen to this album like everyday :urite: the best out of her teen pop albums. BOMT has some filler non-singles (except I Will Be There, Autumn Goodbye, I Will Still Love You, and Soda Pop), Oops is close to being to "Britney" but I just like Britney better. The era and the tour was so amazing but B10 era will be better :staysalty:

On 17-9-2017 at 10:02 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

I gotta give you props for that. I used to do that, but I'm so OCD now I can't not use official covers / tracklistings, so I changed it all back. :orangu:

I had reordered Circus with Trouble in place of Radar, and swapped Kill the Lights and Out from Under because it used to bother me so much when Kill the Lights' intro states: "we interrupt this dance pop music" right after a ballad. Like, who thought that was ok at JIVE? :girlwhat:

I'm also OCD with that stuff but also want my own tracklisting like the other user said, so what I do is I keep everything original (except replacing that matm remix on itz with girls & boys and adding all the b-sides and bonus tracks from every era on the albums) but make playlists with the tracklisting that I want! maybe you can do that too!

Anyway, a lot of you need to learn the difference between opinions and facts lol. Britney album is fine, but I dont like the teen music on it. I love the singles that were released from it and a few other tracks, but the rest is too teeny for me. with BOMT and Oops I felt it was fine, because that was her image and the whole albums were like that, but on Britney she starts with this damn cool mature **** sensual track and then goes all teeny again, it kind of feels like two albums merged together, but still a good album but thats just my opinion on it and why its not in my top 3. it also suprises me how Glory seems so disliked now. I thought everyone was so impressed and happy with it!????????????

• 6 months later...

Still a very good album although I would've loved if it was a dual album with a distinct sound in each disc:

-Disc 1 - Dance-Pop Britney: look at Kylie's Fever or Madonna's Confessions for an idea - or even Britney's own Before the Goodbye or J.Lo's Waiting for Tonight. It would (somewhat) appeal to her teen-pop audience while crossing over to general audiences. Maybe a ballad or two.

-Disc 2 - Urban-Pop Britney: Stuff like Slave.

9 tracks in each disc and it would probably be in her trinity. I Am... Sasha Filler is shook. :tysm:

26 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Still a very good album although I would've loved if it was a dual album with a distinct sound in each disc:

-Disc 1 - Dance-Pop Britney: look at Kylie's Fever or Madonna's Confessions for an idea - or even Britney's own Before the Goodbye or J.Lo's Waiting for Tonight. It would (somewhat) appeal to her teen-pop audience while crossing over to general audiences. Maybe a ballad or two.

-Disc 2 - Urban-Pop Britney: Stuff like Slave.

9 tracks in each disc and it would probably be in her trinity. I Am... Sasha Filler is shook. :tysm:

Britney sounds like it could have been a double album actually. And yeah there's 3 different ways of doing it

Disc 1: Pop. Disc 2: R&B/hip hop (like you said)

Disc 1: Teen pop songs. Disc 2: More mature songs

Disc 1: Crossroads songs. Disc 2: Non-Crossroads songs

Archived