The Britney (2001) album is TRASH!!!! T R A S H!!!!

celebration2009

I was ready to come in here and drag you so hard. I couldn't agree more, Britney is her third best album, and part of the holy trinity. Slave and Overprotected are the two best songs of her career, and the rest of the album is literally bop after bop. I live for her vocals and confidence throughout this album. It has the perfect balance of fun, sensuality and maturity in this album, and you really get to see how much Britney had matured and grown as an artist and human being with this album. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

i liked it when it first came out but i dont listen to it anymore, i got bored of it quick. there's too many filler tracks 

Really? I haven't gotten bored of any tracks. The only song I don't listen to is Private Show and well it's :tiffcackle: Britney's one of the only artists I can never get bored of (music wise) 

Just now, Shadow. said:

i liked it when it first came out but i dont listen to it anymore, i got bored of it quick. there's too many filler tracks 

This. And, for me, not even the stronger tracks on Glory trully make it for me like the stronger tracks on ITZ, BO and her other albums (except BJ). They all lack something (choruses, non-baby vocals, etc.).

2 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Really? I haven't gotten bored of any tracks. The only song I don't listen to is Private Show and well it's :tiffcackle: Britney's one of the only artists I can never get bored of (music wise) 

yeah what @Pedro Dantas said, the album lacks something. it doesn't sound like a britney album infact it sounds like something any of the newer pop acts would release. i understand that her music needs to progress from her old sound but its too chart pandering. there's a difference between progression & copying just cuz its "cool" atm

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

yeah what @Pedro Dantas said, the album lacks something. it doesn't sound like a britney album infact it sounds like something any of the newer pop acts would release. i understand that her music needs to progress from her old sound but its too chart pandering. there's a difference between progression & copying just cuz its "cool" atm

I mean I guess, but I didn't see the whole chart pandering album that some of you guys saw. Maybe it's just me. It just felt like she had fun with the album. 

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

I mean I guess, but I didn't see the whole chart pandering album that some of you guys saw. Maybe it's just me. It just felt like she had fun with the album. 

ofc if u love the album then great im glad u enjoy it so much, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and no one should be belittled for that. no one has the "wrong" taste in music its just different 

18 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

:uknowit: no, some people do, I mean we let Despactio be #1 for 16 weeks :nyheadache:

I'd rather listen to chillin w u on or artpop on repeat for 24 hours than listen to despacito for 1 min 

that song is a disgrace and it should have flopped :gross:

It's my 3rd favorite Britney album. Larry could have chosen the singles with his eyes closed and I wouldn't disagree at all. All of the tracks are single material, it includes a variety of styles, tempos, themes and it's still catchy AF. 

It sounds very dated but some tracks are still enjoyable even for non- fans. Many of the people I know who like Britney's music love the classics from this album Slave, Overprotected, INAGNYAW and even Boys.

This album was the peak of the bubblegum pop and that's a FACT! :staysalty:

Archived