Her costumes went downhill

really really cool guy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The Circus tour is the last one with actually good outfits. I'm sure Primeney's body could make even FF outfits look good, but for the most part, I hate all of them just as much as the POM outfits. :mattafact: 

Early POM 2.0 was the last time honey, deal with it :lessons: 

1 minute ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I mean, some of them aren't bad, but I thought more like: good as a whole. POM has a select few that I still like to this day (black lingerie swimsuit), but Circus is the last time pretty much ALL of the outfits were great. IMO at least. :mattafact:

Honey boo sis you gotta change your opinion then :mattafact:

However Circus tour did have a few great pantsney moment :wontcry: 

The same cannot be said about the eras afterwards :mattafact:

On 9/15/2017 at 10:04 PM, Body ache said:

The same thing happens with every artist. Look at Gaga, Beyonce..

I don't follow Beyonce, but Harper's Bazaar (among many other fashion outlets) did articles about all the high-fashion designs at the Joanne World Tour:

lady-gaga-8.jpg?w=1500

gaga1.jpg

7e2a904f17b14f3acc21d73c1381ac3e.jpg

lady-gaga-performs-onstage-during-the-jo

7346d81783b29df585fe5120880876e8

DGaX9NmWsAACTm9.jpg

lady-gaga-shoes-tour-2017-billboard-s-12

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/g11664839/lady-Gaga-joanne-tour-costumes/

Some looks are more simplistic due to the "Joanne" aesthetic, while others are throwbacks to previous eras. I definitely wouldn't call it a decline in actual quality, however.

45 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I don't follow Beyonce, but Harper's Bazaar (among many other fashion outlets) did articles about all the high-fashion designs at the Joanne World Tour:

lady-gaga-8.jpg?w=1500

gaga1.jpg

7e2a904f17b14f3acc21d73c1381ac3e.jpg

lady-gaga-performs-onstage-during-the-jo

7346d81783b29df585fe5120880876e8

DGaX9NmWsAACTm9.jpg

lady-gaga-shoes-tour-2017-billboard-s-12

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/g11664839/lady-Gaga-joanne-tour-costumes/

Some looks are more simplistic due to the "Joanne" aesthetic, while others are throwbacks to previous eras. I definitely wouldn't call it a decline in actual quality, however.

Am I supposed to be amazed by this? :ponderney:

7 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

we don't get that anymore...is that a new low? :jackk: 

Yeah, it's very well known that matching items/similarities/patterns are very pleasing to the human eye. It's just very distracting when the main act is wearing something that differs completely in color, fabric, and/or overarching concept from the stage, props, backup dancers, and/or even type/vibe of the song. 

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's embarrassing. Her dancers are dressed in street / punk clothes and she's twirling around in a lingerie bodysuit. Like... :calculating:

Exactly, it just makes the whole performance look incredibly amateur, like it was thrown together at the last minute with no consideration for the portrayal of basic concepts of setlists. And the main act should NEVER be in less flattering clothing than her backup dancers! 

2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Exactly, it just makes the whole performance look incredibly amateur, like it was thrown together at the last minute with no consideration for the portrayal of basic concepts of setlists. And the main act should NEVER be in less flattering clothing than her backup dancers! 

It's Britney and her tacky taste. I love the woman to death but she doesn't have a good sense of style. That's been known but it would be nice if they can hire a full time stylist to have certain requirements for costumes. At this point, the seamstresses are just pulling anything from the local Victoria's Secret and stitching it together. Then we have Britney's increasingly annoying habit of cutting up and adding those disgusting waist trainers to every costume.

Archived