What happened between 2009 and 2011?

Body ache

8 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Why is it so hard for you to believe she was under medication ? 

She was already under meds at 18-19 (Prozac, because of her anxiety)

So after her 2007 breakdown, that wouldn't be surprising at all.

Don't want to sound rude or disrespectful but do we have actual receipts of that? :idkney:

I know she was medicated back in 2008 as a requirement of her hospitalization but aside from that I know nothing about the subject, if so, pls educate me.  

Either she was medicated or not we know nothing about her personal life and we could come up with countless theories but we will never know what's the truth. I do prefer to think she is just like the rest of us and it was just a weird phase of her life, I mean, I don´t go to my job everyday with a big smile and a perfect mood, we are humans and it is normal we have **** phases in our lives, maybe the FF era was one of those to Britney. There were great moments during this era but for some reason 80% of the fans focuses more on these issues. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you really need to take a moment and think about yourselves and your own progression as human beings. People change, we all do. It doesn't matter if it's six months, a year or 10 years.

In 'For The Record,' she said that many times, she felt like she didn't have the time to stop and think and realize what was going on. One minute she was on a flight to Paris, then she's recording, then she's on tour. Now, what happened to her in 2007 was clearly traumatic on so many levels - and her dad said, "She's best when she's busy." So Britney just picked herself back up and kept on going. Circus was released, Circus Tour, Circus Tour extension.

Then all of a sudden, the era is over and she has time to sit still and think. In "I am BJ" she said, "The paparazzi finally left me alone after me not leaving the house for two years." Just let that sink in for a moment. So, that was at least a year clearly involving a lot of quietness, sitting at home and thinking about her life, the choices she's made, where she was and where she wants to be. I think all this was the moment where she decided to stop just going through the motions and allow her feelings to come up and actually deal with them. And obviously, it threw her for a loop - growing up and the process of maturing involves a lot of pain, self-doubting and ultimately self-actualization for all of us and given the fact that Britney is only human herself she's not an exception. Maybe she just wasn't quite there yet when Femme Fatale was released. Maybe she wanted to do something, release new music, get back out there but somehow it didn't feel quite right. And with her being as hard on herself as everyone claims, I'm sure she didn't take it lightly.

Most importantly, all of this was 5-10 years ago. There comes a point where it's time to let it go - Britney certainly has. She's matured tremendously as a human being, gained a lot of insight, is a great mother and a very giving philanthropist. At this point in time, especially as fans, we should find that empowering and celebrate the fact that she came out on the other side and is happy again, rather than constantly speculating and complaining about something as trivial as a hair do or an outfit you disapprove of.

There are way more important things in life, and I for one am glad, she no longer gives a **** about any of it. She knows who she is, what she's capable of and has no need to please anyone anymore. She knows she's a good mother, daughter and sister and ultimately that's what's most important. She's filthy rich and she doesn't need to make music or release anything - but she does coz she likes it. And I'm sure, in her head, she's like "If you like it - great. If not - there's the door." And that's exactly the attitude a 30-something year old, successful woman with confidence should have. Good for her.

11 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

If Circus was too soon the the whole tour would have sucked. And judging by all the Get Naked and Radar performances she clearly cared. And it's not a mans fault I wish ppl would stop blaming everyone but her. She just didn't care. She's a woman, they are emotional creatures so she was probably just not into it. 

is that even serious? :tiffcackle:

14 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

these interviews were shot 1 year apart and the difference in her looks and personality is like day and night

Britney: "This is the most excited I've been for a project in a really long time."

Britney: *Shows excitement by appearing to be dead for most of 2011*

I think Britney's behavior in 2011 was due to a combination of factors -

1. I think she was pushed into the spotlight too soon after her breakdown (She was hospitalized in a psych ward in February, and Womanizer was released in October).

2. The gigantic world tour (the longest tour she had ever done, at the time), fame from the come-back, album release, music videos etc. etc. were too taxing on her fragile mental state.

3. She thought that the conservatorship was only going to be temporary, and she freaked out and became very depressed when it was extended indefinitely in 2010 (the second breakdown?)

4. She was clearly on some kind of new medication in 2011, probably because of depression, anxiety, and maybe bipolar disorder. YES - medication CAN alter your entire personality! I've seen it happen before. It can totally change a person. Depending on the dosage and type of medication, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds can make someone appear to be very sedated, out of it, lazy, emotionless, and totally not like their normal selves. Clearly they took Britney off of this medication in 2012/2013 because that's when she started to act like a living person again. You can't get off of most psych meds cold-turkey, so you have to gradually taper down on your dose over a period of time. This makes sense, because Britney gradually started to act normal again between 2012 - 2015. Today, she's probably on a medication that doesn't have such a drastic effect on her personality. I would be willing to bet money on the fact that Britney was on some kind of strong medication (maybe Lithium for Bipolar Disorder, combined with an anti-depressant?) in 2011 - you can see it in her eyes, the way she talks, and the way she acts. It's obvious.

5. She was probably pushed into doing Femme Fatale just to keep the momentum of her "come-back" rolling, and she probably had no passion for it and could care less.

1 hour ago, MaPlayz said:

In 'For The Record,' she said that many times, she felt like she didn't have the time to stop and think and realize what was going on. One minute she was on a flight to Paris, then she's recording, then she's on tour. Now, what happened to her in 2007 was clearly traumatic on so many levels - and her dad said, "She's best when she's busy." So Britney just picked herself back up and kept on going. Circus was released, Circus Tour, Circus Tour extension.

Then all of a sudden, the era is over and she has time to sit still and think. In "I am BJ" she said, "The paparazzi finally left me alone after me not leaving the house for two years." Just let that sink in for a moment. So, that was at least a year clearly involving a lot of quietness, sitting at home and thinking about her life, the choices she's made, where she was and where she wants to be. I think all this was the moment where she decided to stop just going through the motions and allow her feelings to come up and actually deal with them. And obviously, it threw her for a loop - growing up and the process of maturing involves a lot of pain, self-doubting and ultimately self-actualization for all of us and given the fact that Britney is only human herself she's not an exception. Maybe she just wasn't quite there yet when Femme Fatale was released. Maybe she wanted to do something, release new music, get back out there but somehow it didn't feel quite right. And with her being as hard on herself as everyone claims, I'm sure she didn't take it lightly.

Literally THIS. I think in 2010 she finally had a moment to catch her breath and process everything that happened.

I just graduated from college in April and I decided to quit my old job and spend the summer taking some time off and I literally had a meltdown, like not being dramatic. 

I was diagnosed with intense anxiety and depression just a few months ago. It's not like it's an issue that came out of nowhere, i've just always had school and work to distract me from it. But once I got a moment to myself is when the self analyzation started and it drove me nuts.

I'm almost POSITIVE this was exactly what happened to Britney. They probably threw her on medication without seeing how she'd react to it before starting the era/tour. I assume this happened at the start of 2011, because even at the end of 2010, Britney was doing Glee, Radiance, Kohl's etc.

She got like Nov. 2010 - Feb 2011 off (remember she recorded the majority of femme fatale just weeks before the release)

10 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Why would she care though?  Her team and father are pretty much one of the biggest abusers in the entertainment industry.  She already went on a world tour in 2009,  despite being in a mental hospital literally the previous year and these idiots brought her back to do it again less than two years later just to make money.

I would say that the Glory era was different and she could have made a real comeback last year and she and her team are both responsible for botching that.

But her team are disgustingly greedy people for that Femme Fatale era.

You're probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying that. But I'm glad that at least one member in this forum can see through their team (Larry) and her dad.

They've only cared about the money. Poor them, Britney Jean and Glory must have been a nightmare for both. Queen always wins. :tiffcackle:

9 hours ago, Million Billion said:

She behaved this way since the Circus era. Even during the 2007 she was still more authentic and genuine. She has always been very shy, the only time she was very talkative was during 03-07 So I don´t think it was very serious thing during 2011. She just didn't give a **** (and still) about many things.

Sorry but she's a human and after her comeback we kept analyzing every moves, gesture and everything unlike her prime days where we had no internet or very constant media (pics, videos, forums,etc.) Is it that hard to understand she was just going through a phase of her life? It was it, a phase. I do know some interviews are **** but come on, don´t be that extreme guys, coming up with depression, meltdown and medication stories cause any of us knows that. Those rumors are as reliable as the stories the IN TOUCH MAGAZINE used to create back in the day. :rude2me:

I don't think that it was just a phase. I do think she was fed up (and disliked the FF album), but she went from having a personality to not  having one. She went from being able to move, to barely being able to move. Her moves on the CT were slinky for lack of a better word, and then FF came and she couldn't move at all. Her voice changed ridiculously in the space of a year too. 

Also, if it was just her PR Team, why did they allow things like I am The Femme Fatale (a one on one interview with behind the scenes footage) to be on TV? She could barely sit and have a conversation with the interviewer. That doesn't exactly scream good image to put out to the public, and neither does the FF tour. Her team also did their most to hide her lack of ability at that time, with official releases (video editing got choppier, or routines were filmed in the dark, body doubles etc.).

Only since 2013 have her team started saying ''oh Britney is incredibly shy, she's always been'' when interviewed.

I don't think it is beyond the realm of belief that a woman who had an incredibly rough two  years, two children, three divorces (i'm including her mother and fathers, because a lot of her loneliness came from that time and the hype around her), non stop partying, stints in rehab, non stop press attacks at all times and then BAM, an album, promo campaign, worldtour, and then BAM its all over again, and she had time, suffered a relapse, because relapses happen, but they don't happen, and then embark on worldtours shortly after.

Something doesn't add up to a lot of fans, POM is an example of Britney not being into it, 2011......well....I don't know.

5 hours ago, Hope said:

You're probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying that. But I'm glad that at least one member in this forum can see through their team (Larry) and her dad.

They've only cared about the money. Poor them, Britney Jean and Glory must have been a nightmare for both. Queen always wins. :tiffcackle:

I'm not sure why the post would get hate.  I wasn't at all a fan back then but looking at her timeline in retrospect, it's sad how she's been abused.

Her team has really sabotaged her from rushing her back to Femme Fatale to X Factor where everyone said she aged, forcing her to do plastic surgery, to Britney Jean.  I mean, whose idea was it to do that album?

If she had been given ample time to rest after the Circus era, she really would have truly stayed at the top no matter who came afterwards.  I don't think that knee injury did her in.  If she had time to heal herself she would have been the performer she was in the early 2000s because she had just as much swagger during the Circus era as she did in any other era.

I still think she could make another comeback but only if she re-brands herself.  She doesn't really "look" like a star right now but if she were to work with the best people there wouldn't be a problem because lets face it, a substantial amount of her success was based on image.  And she looked great at the VMA's last year, even if her performing was not up to par.

The only way she would get big attention again is if she does something different.  If she were to do an acoustic performance of her hits in lead up to her next album release a-la MTV Unplugged with her playing an instrument (piano) it would get substantial attention because it's totally unlike what she's done before.  It's notoriously unlike what she's done before and would therefore bring about lots of attention no matter how out of the public eye she is right now.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
9 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Don't want to sound rude or disrespectful but do we have actual receipts of that? :idkney:

I know she was medicated back in 2008 as a requirement of her hospitalization but aside from that I know nothing about the subject, if so, pls educate me.  

Either she was medicated or not we know nothing about her personal life and we could come up with countless theories but we will never know what's the truth. I do prefer to think she is just like the rest of us and it was just a weird phase of her life, I mean, I don´t go to my job everyday with a big smile and a perfect mood, we are humans and it is normal we have **** phases in our lives, maybe the FF era was one of those to Britney. There were great moments during this era but for some reason 80% of the fans focuses more on these issues. 

Taking medication for anxiety is common among popstars... Justin Bieber did, Britney did as early as 2000...

After her breakdown, it would make no sense if she wasn't under meds... 

No label would take the risk to do a world tour with her, if they weren't sure she was mentally under control :outwithit: Not only the conservatorship, but also her mood.

World tours are already stressful for healthy artists...

And I can't see another explanation for her bloated look, slow talking and walking, complete change in her personality

36 minutes ago, Mariah Elusive Carey said:

I think the most logical speculation I read was that she was already stressed heading to starbucks and I guess after like 2 minutes of being in Starbucks, Paparazzi started driving towards that Starbucks and spotted her. Britney got stressed inside and started stretching her hair all over and was frustrated that she had to go outside. I'm guessing she just wasn't having a good day and she had an anxiety attack because if you think about it there are no candids of her arriving Starbucks so when she left she got caught off guard because she wasn't expecting them to be there since they weren't there before. Aside from all that this was around the time she found out her conservatorship was lifetime and this was around the time she got prescribed medication because this was on uly 31st and ever since that day she started looking heavily sedated. 

Yeah that sounds logical to me. What I find strange (apart from practically everything in this video), she sort of looks down at her shoes and then freaks? Just very odd...

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
5 hours ago, danny1994 said:

It’s fair to say she’s had anxiety, that’s actually something she’s talked about before. That doesn’t mean she has a mental illness.

Anxiety can be a disorder when it's serious enough, or when you need meds to calm down

There are a number of anxiety disorders: including generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, panic disorder, and selective mutism.[2] People often have more than one anxiety disorder.[2]

Mental illness is larger than people think, and most of us will face it at least once in our life. People make fun of it, tbh they should educate themselves :mattafact:

Archived