Britney Should Cater to Hispanic Fans More

Circuit

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they worked because they're songs by Latin artists. I don't know how it would work for Britney to do an entire song in Spanish, unless it's a collaboration. After all, the only thing in Spanish she says in CYM is "No seas cortés" which isn't that impressive tbh

She would have to work with actual Latin songwriters and producers, not with someone that translates some phrases from English. And of course she wouldn't collaborate with pop artists like Shakira or Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, Thalia, etc. We already know she dared to record with Pitbull and Romeo Santos (I swear it, THAT's my ultimate nightmare and I pray it never sees the light) so I think she would go for something similar to that.

As a Latin person, I do believe she needs to be more present in these countries, but she doesn't have to necessarily sing in Spanish. I mean, music in English is very popular here, as much as the music in Spanish. She just needs to expose herself more and remind people she's still alive and making music.

2 hours ago, Circuit said:

It goes without saying that songs in Spanish have become quite popular in the last couple years.

Chantaje and Despacito were both released within the last year and are on the list of most watched videos on YouTube.

Plus CYM(NSC) is a bop :hipney:

More like:

Britney should cater to her CAREER more. :whitney:

I think Change Your Mind was a great opportunity to do that. Even when I don't like the song that much I do admit it could have worked well with the right promotion. The song is not entirely in Spanish but the theme and the sound take you straight to those argentinian or spanish tango vibe. It could have been her "La isla bonita". 

Latin america is currently dominated by urban acts but none of them look promising, except for Shakira who has been in the industry for 20 years, while the rest of them have 1 hit song but I honestly don't see them having a proper music career since the genre is pretty shallow (yes, even more than pop music) and any of them dances or actually sings, plus, every current latin hit song SOUNDS THE FREAKING SAME. 

She doesn't need to do that much, even when she's not in her prime anymore she's still considered a huge iconic singer/celebrity in Latin america. If she ever goes back on tour it would be huge news. 

21 hours ago, Politik said:

Her Latin American fans love her and are so loyal to her, if she had a smart team they'd be having her all over Latin America and collaborating with Latin artist. Had she gone on tour with Enrique back in 2011 that coulda been HUGE for her. 

Enrique dropped out because he was told it was a co-headlining tour but then got pressed because the media outlets were labeling him the opening act. :orangu: 

On 9/13/2017 at 11:56 PM, PokemonSpears said:

We already know she dared to record with Pitbull and Romeo Santos (I swear it, THAT's my ultimate nightmare and I pray it never sees the light)

I don't actually know who Romeo Santos is, but I couldn't agree more re: Pitbull. His music is just terrible. At least he's courteous enough to announce "Mr. 305!" at the beginning of each song--that cue provides me with just enough time to change the station before the song actually starts :gross:

• 3 months later...

I dont think they were really that loyal. I read somewhere that during the Femme Fatalle tour her concert in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo did not even received 50% attendance. To me in order to turn around her career. She really need to drop off this whole, club - electronic dance music, because nobody is buying it when shes doing these type of records. Her best selling albums had always been pure pop songs. She should really go back to her roots, and sings real pop songs.

7 minutes ago, Afiq said:

I dont think they were really that loyal. I read somewhere that during the Femme Fatalle tour her concert in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo did not even received 50% attendance. To me in order to turn around her career. She really need to drop off this whole, club - electronic dance music, because nobody is buying it when shes doing these type of records. Her best selling albums had always been pure pop songs. She should really go back to her roots, and sings real pop songs.

I think they are loyal.. and crazy :wigsnatched:

On 14/9/2017 at 1:56 AM, PokemonSpears said:

Well, they worked because they're songs by Latin artists. I don't know how it would work for Britney to do an entire song in Spanish, unless it's a collaboration. After all, the only thing in Spanish she says in CYM is "No seas cortés" which isn't that impressive tbh

She would have to work with actual Latin songwriters and producers, not with someone that translates some phrases from English. And of course she wouldn't collaborate with pop artists like Shakira or Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, Thalia, etc. We already know she dared to record with Pitbull and Romeo Santos (I swear it, THAT's my ultimate nightmare and I pray it never sees the light) so I think she would go for something similar to that.

As a Latin person, I do believe she needs to be more present in these countries, but she doesn't have to necessarily sing in Spanish. I mean, music in English is very popular here, as much as the music in Spanish. She just needs to expose herself more and remind people she's still alive and making music.

This.

Archived