Does she need a better label or does it not matter?

sarahbbyy

RCA is horrible and honestly a big reason why Glory looked like a major flop! I mean they picked a terrible week for it's release....like do your ******* research! To put things in prospective Gwen Stefani had a #1 album and only did 89,000 her first week because no one else had an album out the same day and Alicia Key's last album was #2 with only 50,000 copies.....Glory did double that and was a #3! They did nothing to advertise Glory either it was Britney's only album to not be featured in any weekly ads for retailers like Target, Best Buy, etc! I mean Jive literally had no money and they promoted FF more than RCA has promoted any of Britney's releases with them! Also the whole Mexico/leak fiasco is their fault too there was no need for them to ship the album out so early! The whole BJ mess was their doing too, it's so obvious they scrapped the original personal concept of the album for something more trendy and they tried to cover it up by adding Britney as a writer to all the songs/making her continue to say it was her most personal album. I mean it's the only album Britney has done zero promotion for......it's clear Britney was not here for that album! 

Oh and I'm like 99.9% sure RCA scrapped the MM video especially after reading Kelly Clarkson's interview where she talks about how they forced her to work with Dr. Luke whom she deeply hated.....but they told her they wouldn't release the album if she didn't. Also they have a track record for ******* over music videos....Kelly couldn't finish the Already Gone video because of them and they nixed the original concept for the Perfume video!

I don't think it's just a mere coincidence that her career problems happened as soon as she signed with RCA, I actually think they're 70% of the problem and then her team is like 20% of it and she's 10% of the problem. I think she would care more about things if her label actually gave a damn and didn't hold her back!  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Ask David and Joseph

Ask all the ppl involved with things that took up their time because of poor judgement and just thrown to the pits 

Ask all the producers that songs went to waste that thought they made a huge hit potential 

Yes Britney and her team have wasted lots of ppl's time.

Thats not even mentioning the rehearsals the dancers put in to make Pom look great while Britney doesn't care. 

:girlwhat:

RCA wasted Joseph's time and I'm pretty sure they wasted David's too! Joe literally said her label scrapped the Perfume video! 

43 minutes ago, falka said:

Ask yourself, as a person who doesn't want waste time on Britney, on The Britney Spears Forum, why U Talk about the Princess of Pop.

:frenchy:

I didn't mention myself at all as a fan.

I'm talking investors 

I'm talking career wise which I'm not associated with. Millions and millions were wasted. Ppl wondering why we don't get three singles and it's because they don't want to waste money on someone that doesn't help her career. 

Some fans here are correct, woud you keep investing a lot of money on a artist that does not generate that same money in return? I mean, she's not even touring to make up for it so if you were RCA would u stll support her singles? I'm not defending RCA, but she's not a money-maker artits anymore :tiffhair:

Plus, Britney's attitude is a fundamental factor in here of course...if she doesn't love and treasure what she does then we're in serious trouble :lessons:

Now do you really think Britney under a new label would make any difference? that she'd wake up one morning with her old dancing skills, the old promotion passion and her old artistry unbothered? :weusay:

Stop blaming her label. Every fanbase blames the artist's label when they're flopping, yet it's not even the label's fault that the artist is flopping. Britney has no passion, she barely does promo, and when she does do promo she looks bored. There are many successful artists from RCA and the difference between them and Britney is that they actually put effort into their careers and make it not so obvious that they really only just care about their pay checks at the end of the day

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

RCA is horrible and honestly a big reason why Glory looked like a major flop! I mean they picked a terrible week for it's release....like do your ******* research! To put things in prospective Gwen Stefani had a #1 album and only did 89,000 her first week because no one else had an album out the same day and Alicia Key's last album was #2 with only 50,000 copies.....Glory did double that and was a #3! They did nothing to advertise Glory either it was Britney's only album to not be featured in any weekly ads for retailers like Target, Best Buy, etc! I mean Jive literally had no money and they promoted FF more than RCA has promoted any of Britney's releases with them! Also the whole Mexico/leak fiasco is their fault too there was no need for them to ship the album out so early! The whole BJ mess was their doing too, it's so obvious they scrapped the original personal concept of the album for something more trendy and they tried to cover it up by adding Britney as a writer to all the songs/making her continue to say it was her most personal album. I mean it's the only album Britney has done zero promotion for......it's clear Britney was not here for that album! 

Oh and I'm like 99.9% sure RCA scrapped the MM video especially after reading Kelly Clarkson's interview where she talks about how they forced her to work with Dr. Luke whom she deeply hated.....but they told her they wouldn't release the album if she didn't. Also they have a track record for ******* over music videos....Kelly couldn't finish the Already Gone video because of them and they nixed the original concept for the Perfume video!

I don't think it's just a mere coincidence that her career problems happened as soon as she signed with RCA, I actually think they're 70% of the problem and then her team is like 20% of it and she's 10% of the problem. I think she would care more about things if her label actually gave a damn and didn't hold her back!  

Labels plan album releases at strategic times to allow the album to get as many sales as possible, which was why it was released on August 26, 2 days before the VMAs. They don't care whether or not it debuts at #1, that week was the best week for getting as many sales as possible. They want MONEY at the end of the day. Plus it's not RCA's fault Britney didn't promote. There are many other RCA artists that have done solid promo for their albums/singles (JT, Miley). Britney doesn't do promo because she doesn't want to. 

And you thinking the BJ mess was their doing is sad and delusional. Britney had the option of SINGING ON HER OWN ALBUM, yet she didn't. There's no evidence to prove that they scrapped a previous album concept. That's speculation, not fact. If you look at how Britney performs and acts in interviews, you can see why she's flopping right now.

14 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Some fans here are correct, woud you keep investing a lot of money on a artist that does not generate that same money in return? I mean, she's not even touring to make up for it so if you were RCA would u stll support her singles? I'm not defending RCA, but she's not a money-maker artits anymore :tiffhair:

Plus, Britney's attitude is a fundamental factor in here of course...if she doesn't love and treasure what she does then we're in serious trouble :lessons:

Now do you really think Britney under a new label would make any difference? that she'd wake up one morning with her old dancing skills, the old promotion passion and her old artistry unbothered? :weusay:

This is what I'm trying to say. 

Excuses are just made all around. 

If she tried and promoted and I felt her passion, I wouldnt care if it did bad. Because she tried. Ya know...

Same with Vegas if it was good and everything else didn't suffer I would back Vegas so hard so she could be with her kids. 

She literally just is there and expects to be paid. Like it's really messed when you think about it. Especially that is lying and saying she sings and stuff. 

My fav artists aren't mainstream but I still love them because they have a passion for their craft. It really isn't about sales for the remaining fans she has left...

7 hours ago, Legend said:

Labels plan album releases at strategic times to allow the album to get as many sales as possible, which was why it was released on August 26, 2 days before the VMAs. They don't care whether or not it debuts at #1, that week was the best week for getting as many sales as possible. They want MONEY at the end of the day. Plus it's not RCA's fault Britney didn't promote. There are many other RCA artists that have done solid promo for their albums/singles (JT, Miley). Britney doesn't do promo because she doesn't want to. 

And you thinking the BJ mess was their doing is sad and delusional. Britney had the option of SINGING ON HER OWN ALBUM, yet she didn't. There's no evidence to prove that they scrapped a previous album concept. That's speculation, not fact. If you look at how Britney performs and acts in interviews, you can see why she's flopping right now.

If they want sales then they should release it on a week where there's little competition as well, I mean Barbara is known for selling a lot of albums so it doesn't make sense to release it the same week as her no matter what honestly! 

Also it's honestly very clear that the BJ we got was not the original vision of the album....think the Dreaming Mix of perfume that was the original direction.....there's a reason Will.I.Am did a remix of it for the album/single! Also the reason Britney is not singing fully on some songs was because there wasn't enough time.....some reliable insider literally said the same thing, they scrapped the original album and threw together what we got in time for the December release date. That's also why RCA added Britney's name to each track on the album because the material she actually did for the album got canned but they still had to make it look personal because that was how they were marketing the original album. RCA is super shady and douchey.......so many artists have complained about their antics! 

22 hours ago, MM said:

i've heard bad things about RCA so they are a problem, but not the problem. she can change her team, etc but at the end of the day if she's not passionate about what she's doing, her career will not thrive. she does need a new team tho. they are all 50+ years old and have no idea how to market her. 

Honestly, yes RCA is a great deal of the problem. I see it like this though. She has all of the people from Jive now controlling all aspects of her music at RCA since the former folded and now, she is in a team of people who she fired many years ago she has to keep dealing with because of her conservatorship.

I think Britney stopped caring about her career because of it. I don't think she needs a label or team that is good at promoting her. I know her name does not seem to hold up as much anymore but as long as she takes the reins and is signed to a label that just gives her freedom, she will thrive better that way in my opinion. 

People will care about Britney if she shows she cares. She will probably only care though if others around her give her that hope. She does not seem to have that at all right now. Her team and record company definitely need to change but one that just does their jobs and listens to her. They don't have to be crazy experts, just people who work with her and support her. 

22 hours ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

Celebrities are rich,that's what i mean.I think she feels uncomfortable around them.She looks like she's a regular person around them.Remember 2015 Bruno Mars photo? :hehehe:

Looks like a M&G , the artist is Bruno and the fan is Britney :hehehe: 

CNs64vaWgAAMPfn.jpg

I feel Britney has been this way since the beginning yet she still managed to build some relationships. I don't think she would ever go out of her way to talk to people but the Grammy's and other award shows are assigned seating and sometimes, you make connections without expecting too.

As long as no one is making her take pictures or forcing her to talk to people, she will feel more comfortable making friends with whoever is sitting with her whether they are a big name or not. 

2 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I feel Britney has been this way since the beginning yet she still managed to build some relationships. I don't think she would ever go out of her way to talk to people but the Grammy's and other award shows are assigned seating and sometimes, you make connections without expecting too.

As long as no one is making her take pictures or forcing her to talk to people, she will feel more comfortable making friends with whoever is sitting with her whether they are a big name or not. 

At the GRAMMY's party this year she actually wanted to go up and introduce herself to Chance The Rapper because she's a fan but so many people crowded around him, she got cold feet and sat down. She's still very shy.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

At the GRAMMY's party this year she actually wanted to go up and introduce herself to Chance The Rapper because she's a fan but so many people crowded around him, she got cold feet and sat down. She's still very shy.

Well, yeah. That's why I said if she is sitting next to some big name, she could easily start casual talk or they might start talking to her. Having to walk up to someone and tell them you are a fan is definitely nerve wrecking for people who are not used to it, so she does not need to if the person is just right next to her. 

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

If they want sales then they should release it on a week where there's little competition as well, I mean Barbara is known for selling a lot of albums so it doesn't make sense to release it the same week as her no matter what honestly! 

Also it's honestly very clear that the BJ we got was not the original vision of the album....think the Dreaming Mix of perfume that was the original direction.....there's a reason Will.I.Am did a remix of it for the album/single! Also the reason Britney is not singing fully on some songs was because there wasn't enough time.....some reliable insider literally said the same thing, they scrapped the original album and threw together what we got in time for the December release date. That's also why RCA added Britney's name to each track on the album because the material she actually did for the album got canned but they still had to make it look personal because that was how they were marketing the original album. RCA is super shady and douchey.......so many artists have complained about their antics! 

No, the reason why you release on a week with huge every promo is to give the album/single a huge boost. The VMAs gave Britney a decent boost, both to Make Me and Glory. If they released it later on, she would not have the sales. Competition is irrelevant. To her label, selling 110k copies and debuting at #3 is better than selling 100k and being #1. Chart placements don't matter as much, but those extra copies do, because that's money

Those are all rumors, none of that is FACTUAL. And saying Britney didn't have enough time to sing on her album? Please, that's such a lame excuse. If she actually cared, she could have pushed Vegas back a few months. It's very obvious she doesn't care, they just slap her name on an album full of **** just to make money, and it's sad. Many many artists push their albums back because they're not happy with the original concept. Not an excuse. You can't blame that **** album on RCA, Britney did that to herself, it's nobody's fault but her own that she has that **** stain on her discography.

3 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Honestly, yes RCA is a great deal of the problem. I see it like this though. She has all of the people from Jive now controlling all aspects of her music at RCA since the former folded and now, she is in a team of people who she fired many years ago she has to keep dealing with because of her conservatorship.

I think Britney stopped caring about her career because of it. I don't think she needs a label or team that is good at promoting her. I know her name does not seem to hold up as much anymore but as long as she takes the reins and is signed to a label that just gives her freedom, she will thrive better that way in my opinion. 

People will care about Britney if she shows she cares. She will probably only care though if others around her give her that hope. She does not seem to have that at all right now. Her team and record company definitely need to change but one that just does their jobs and listens to her. They don't have to be crazy experts, just people who work with her and support her. 

exactly! i do hope that she wakes up tho and realizes that her career is important before it's too late.

If she becomes popular again (somewhat similar to her peak) there will be media scrutiny and paparazzi harassment. I think she doesn't want that.

So the idea is, she likes making music, but she doesn't care about being number one because last time she was, it made her personal life very hectic.

Archived