Does she need a better label or does it not matter?

sarahbbyy

In my opinion, I don't think she needs it. I just think she needs to feel less like she is "caged" with a familiar team and record company executives. I just think she needs more support from either side. She needs to have someone on her team that is new who will listen to her like Karen Kwak did at her label.

I don't think she needs a big time label with successful artists this era since she is Britney Spears and her big name is not as much of an issue. 

It would be ideal if she just joined Atlantic or somewhere she felt she can do just about anything she wanted too and get a completely different team but since that won't happen, these are just some alternatives.

All she needs is to care more and maybe she would if she just was around people that understood her. Instead of changing her team, it will be more beneficial if they just added people that she liked. It worked with her label and it might work with her team.

I know I am going to get the Britney is just lazy comments but I do think she is like that because it's her only way to cope with some of the people she might not be able to stand.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly dont think that she is as caged as many people believe. I don't have the link but someone posted a story about how Britney is pretty responsible for all her costumes. If she was "caged" I don't think her team would allow her to wear some of the costumes she is wearing considering many of them are below par. She also has been pretty vocal over the last two years addressing her lip-syncing on radio, singing live just because she wanted to give the media something to talk about, and also addressing her breakdown on that same night. These all seem like signs of someone having a lot of control over their career. The caged theory might have worked during Circus and Femme Fatale, but all the above points make me think that Britney is lazy and doesn't care about her career as much as other artists.

Britney as an artist really frustrates me these days.

She claims she's involved and hands on but we literally get Femme Fatale level promotion with the "I wish I was in Hawaii" face and mannerisms. She doesn't have to ***** herself out to the public, but damn.. a little enthusiasm wouldn't hurt.

"My album is chill, not so poppy, very cool, urban, faded."

Britney what are your favorite songs on the new album?

"I like Make Me because it's cool and I knew I wanted it to be the lead single".

Like, bye gerl. :girlwhat: I know she's said she has a problem with saying NO, but I don't understand why she and her team hype so much up only to scrap and disappoint the fanbase when the time comes. Are they trying to sabotage her on purpose? Idgi.

She needs a better attitude. :flawlessbye:

But yeah, her label sucks too. If the three parts Britney + her management and her label would work together the results were way different. I honestly don´t care about numbers and charts and that stuff, I want a feedback from her, performances, music videos, interviews, photoshoots something that feeds me as a fan. Of course it is great if she gets top 10 singles and stuff but what I really want is to see her doing something different. :donewithit:

7 minutes ago, Hannah said:

I honestly dont think that she is as caged as many people believe. I don't have the link but someone posted a story about how Britney is pretty responsible for all her costumes. If she was "caged" I don't think her team would allow her to wear some of the costumes she is wearing considering many of them are below par. She also has been pretty vocal over the last two years addressing her lip-syncing on radio, singing live just because she wanted to give the media something to talk about, and also addressing her breakdown on that same night. These all seem like signs of someone having a lot of control over their career. The caged theory might have worked during Circus and Femme Fatale, but all the above points make me think that Britney is lazy and doesn't care about her career as much as other artists.

I know she has a lot of freedom nowadays but from my own personal experience, if you are surrounded by the people that have treated you badly in the past, it just makes you not want to please them and just rebel against their needs.

Her dad is her conservator(her first ever abuser), Larry is still her manager(he sides with her Dad and is someone she has fought with for years, and RCA is her label(with some of the same executives after Jive folded).

I see what you mean that she probaably feels restrained by a lot of people who pull the strings for her (ie. conservatorship, Larry, lawyers, doctors, Jamie, RCA execs etc.) and so she doesn't feel like she has full creative control over her work. She probably doesn't even have full control of her persona life. I get that. But you have to remember that her first 3 albums were pre-written, pre-made, and pre-fabricated to be shove down her throat, and all 3 albums were her most successful. In the Zone was a success, because Britney went full force on the first album she had full reign on, writing and composing music. It was her most passionate work (and Blackout).

While I do agree that mismanagement is an issue, the main issue here is Britney herself.

She could have Beyonce personally train her for performances, have Madonna be her personal and career manager/coach, have Taylor Swift give her tutorials on how to bank big bucks out of controversy, and have Adele give her vocal training lessons 4x a week, and her album would flop. She would flop.

She just doesn't care as much as before, and frankly sometimes don't even give a flying *** at all.

When pre-2004, all she had was her career to focus on. Now she has her kids, and nieces, and Sam's **** to ride on her free time. :urite:

She simply doesn't have the drive or passion that she used to have for her career pre-2004.

That's why her career is in shambles.

11 minutes ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

After Glory,i saw something strange about her.Glory was one of her best works,yet her biggest failure.(not the quality).This got me thinking a lot.

Her hot mama,blonde with great abs,cool songs,looking mentally stabile image doesn't work anymore.She needs a new PR team first.The rest will be solved after it.

I mean, I know this does not hold as much merit anymore, but she is Britney Spears. She can do so much on her own without a PR team. Someone needs to tell her how it works(she needs some friends in the industry), so she could just be the cool musician that most people expect from artists nowadays.

1 minute ago, sunkissed said:

She could have Beyonce personally train her for performances, have Madonna be her personal and career manager/coach, have Taylor Swift give her tutorials on how to bank big bucks out of controversy, and have Adele give her vocal training lessons 4x a week, and her album would flop. She would flop.

:tiffcackle:

2 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

I see what you mean that she probaably feels restrained by a lot of people who pull the strings for her (ie. conservatorship, Larry, lawyers, doctors, Jamie, RCA execs etc.) and so she doesn't feel like she has full creative control over her work. She probably doesn't even have full control of her persona life. I get that. But you have to remember that her first 3 albums were pre-written, pre-made, and pre-fabricated to be shove down her throat, and all 3 albums were her most successful. In the Zone was a success, because Britney went full force on the first album she had full reign on, writing and composing music. It was her most passionate work (and Blackout).

While I do agree that mismanagement is an issue, the main issue here is Britney herself.

She just doesn't care as much as before, and frankly sometimes don't even give a flying *** at all.

When pre-2004, all she had was her career to focus on. Now she has her kids, and nieces, and Sam's **** to ride on her free time. :urite:

She simply doesn't have the drive or passion that she used to have for her career pre-2004.

That's why her career is in shambles.

Yeah but psychological problems result in these unsatisfying results. She might not be in as much restraints as before and she is now choosing to not do the work but I also feel it takes a long time to fix these kinds of problems. She did better in the making of Glory but she might actually improve even more with her next projects.

I know it's easier to stay having low expectations since believing in her does not help our souls that much. 

7 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

She needs a better attitude. :flawlessbye:

But yeah, her label sucks too. If the three parts Britney + her management and her label would work together the results were way different. I honestly don´t care about numbers and charts and that stuff, I want a feedback from her, performances, music videos, interviews, photoshoots something that feeds me as a fan. Of course it is great if she gets top 10 singles and stuff but what I really want is to see her doing something different. :donewithit:

I don't think her label or her team currently are good at their jobs. If those are not going to change, Britney is the only one that can make stuff happen. Unfortunately, we won't get that. I don't understand why she cares what they think considering so many artists do whatever they want and tell their team and labels to suck it. She is almost two decades into a successful career where you would think she would be able to do that. 

Then again, whatever attitude she had as a teenage artist has stayed her attitude as an adult.

16 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney as an artist really frustrates me these days.

She claims she's involved and hands on but we literally get Femme Fatale level promotion with the "I wish I was in Hawaii" face and mannerisms. She doesn't have to ***** herself out to the public, but damn.. a little enthusiasm wouldn't hurt.

"My album is chill, not so poppy, very cool, urban, faded."

Britney what are your favorite songs on the new album?

"I like Make Me because it's cool and I knew I wanted it to be the lead single".

Like, bye gerl. :girlwhat: I know she's said she has a problem with saying NO, but I don't understand why she and her team hype so much up only to scrap and disappoint the fanbase when the time comes. Are they trying to sabotage her on purpose? Idgi.

If she cares little about her team, label, promotion, or doing any work in general, she could literally do anything without too much effort. The possibilities are endless. She could do a bunch of small, intimate performances with only a few songs every few months or so. She could charge 100s of dollars for just that. 

She could just talk about some of her songs on Youtube videos and have Yahoo! or Vevo sponsor it or just sing some songs acoustic for fun since she loved doing that one cover at Piece of Me. 

21 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I mean, I know this does not hold as much merit anymore, but she is Britney Spears. She can do so much on her own without a PR team. Someone needs to tell her how it works(she needs some friends in the industry), so she could just be the cool musician that most people expect from artists nowadays.

I think that's why she needs a new PR team.She's Britney Spears,she's one of the biggest names the world has ever seen but she needs someone to show her how to do it again.I think she doesn't like to have rich friends for some reason.So someone professional would be nice.

*Also her label looks like a problem too.They probably didn't want Make Me video and we got this other one.

1 minute ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

I think that's why she needs a new PR team.She's Britney Spears,she's one of the biggest names the world has ever seen but she needs someone to show her how to do it again.I think she doesn't like to have rich friends for some reason.So someone professional would be nice.

Well, I don't think she needs rich friends. Celebrities often have one time where they hang out with each other and have a fun night out. I don't know

Yeah but I have a feeling that would be hard considering her team kind of just stays stagnant. No one would be able to put that together or even want to do that. 

That's why if she just hung out with Rihanna or Katy Perry at an award show and decided to spend a few nights out with them, she might meet other people from the industry and discover something new. 

4 minutes ago, ZAM9315 said:

She isnt the IT girl anymore. She's bored and she's staying in Vegas which is rotting her career into irrelevancy. We have taylor swift and arianna grande and also miley 

We don't need her to be an IT girl. There's ton of people still successful beyond their primes. All she needs is that or something to at least please herself and the fans.

i've heard bad things about RCA so they are a problem, but not the problem. she can change her team, etc but at the end of the day if she's not passionate about what she's doing, her career will not thrive. she does need a new team tho. they are all 50+ years old and have no idea how to market her. 

1 minute ago, sarahbbyy said:

Well, I don't think she needs rich friends. Celebrities often have one time where they hang out with each other and have a fun night out. I don't know

Yeah but I have a feeling that would be hard considering her team kind of just stays stagnant. No one would be able to put that together or even want to do that. 

That's why if she just hung out with Rihanna or Katy Perry at an award show and decided to spend a few nights out with them, she might meet other people from the industry and discover something new. 

Celebrities are rich,that's what i mean.I think she feels uncomfortable around them.She looks like she's a regular person around them.Remember 2015 Bruno Mars photo? :hehehe:

Looks like a M&G , the artist is Bruno and the fan is Britney :hehehe: 

CNs64vaWgAAMPfn.jpg

Archived