Is anyone else frustrated?

hey over there

I feel like there is more uncertainty as to the future of Britney's Career than ever before.

Post 2017 we have no idea what tack Britney will take there are numerous reports of other residencies and very confusing reports about music, Britney said she was recording but Fe said there were no plans for new music so does that mean Brits music is just for fun never to be release or was Fe keeping quiet. Even more frustrating is the fact that a new residency could take up to a year and it wouldn't require any new material i.e No new music and launching into another Residency after a year of quiet.

The opportunities post residency could be massive an era of great music, professional and educated promo strategies as well as Britney doing good videos and performances would be very possible.

I just hope for something like Femme fatale era or smaller but where the new music is the focus and where touring with that music if Britney's Passion (I know there was limited Passion in FF But it was a sound era in terms of a Career and staying relevant). Its clear that although Britney is happy which is great another residency would be a lazy move and very detrimental to an already diminishing career don't get me wrong she is still very successful but go back 6 years and there is a clear decline.

Do we know any thing for certain will we soon?

What do you think will happen? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she'll do another residency for a couple years and when she does one again I think it'll be more like Mariah's deal where she does a month then has several off to perform other places and do other things then goes back for a month and so on. I think B10 will be released next year at some point and I think we'll finally get an un-messy era......I see B10 being like her EOM.....BJ was her Glitter and Glory was her Charmbracelet (even though Glory is a million times better). If B10 is released next year like I think then they will celebrate the 20th anniversary of BOMT the album not single. 

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I don't think she'll do another residency for a couple years and when she does one again I think it'll be more like Mariah's deal where she does a month then has several off to perform other places and do other things then goes back for a month and so on. I think B10 will be released next year at some point and I think we'll finally get an un-messy era......I see B10 being like her EOM.....BJ was her Glitter and Glory was her Charmbracelet (even though Glory is a million times better). If B10 is released next year like I think then they will celebrate the 20th anniversary of BOMT the album not single. 

I hope we do get B10 next year I just hope it doesn't ride on the coat tails of past success and stands on its own as an album and an era.

I don't like the idea of the 20th Anniversary it makes her seem like she is over I don't want to make her seem irrelevant!

But did Madonna or Mariah do a 20 year Anniversary did Beyoncé? 

It would make her look like she is over unless the anniversary is very much abut how amazing Britney still is she brings it hard like circus FF eras and doesn't make her look stuck in the past like PoM.

Just now, hey over there said:

I hope we do get B10 next year I just hope it doesn't ride on the coat tails of past success and stands on its own as an album and an era.

I don't like the idea of the 20th Anniversary it makes her seem like she is over I don't want to make her seem irrelevant!

But did Madonna or Mariah do a 20 year Anniversary did Beyoncé? 

It would make her look like she is over unless the anniversary is very much abut how amazing Britney still is she brings it hard like circus FF eras and doesn't make her look stuck in the past like PoM.

OMG doing something for the 20th anniversary of her debut single or album would not make her seem like she's over, if anything it would symbolize how far she's made it! Mariah/Janet etc have all celebrated anniversaries....Beyonce hasn't even had a solo career long enough yet girl! 

I'd take the Fe thing with a pinch of salt u know...it's someone's comment, it's not like she stated that in an interview. However, she makes a point... Britney's music's been flopping in recent years and I think her last strong anthem was Work ***** so perhaps her team believes she doesn't need to release any new music in the upcoming 5 years.... If you ask me that's a TERRIBLE AND TRAGIC mistake but I can see her team and label analyzing that posibility. :lessons:

She has an amazing catalogue of songs that she could redo in a show (Overprotected, Born to make you happy, HIAM, Sometimes, etc) but she doesn't want know anything about them so...what do we do? Sometimes I feel she's so complicated :whitneyshade:

These last few eras most things Britney says aren't true. I think her team feeds her what to say. So she might have said new music to appease us but in reality the thought hasn't even accord to her.

Same with Slave performance, Ariana, lipping. She has said many untrue things these last years.

1 hour ago, itsdiegofs said:

i'm frustated about literally EVERYTHING 

I'm afraid of the next era

we always think it can't get any worst, BUT...

I thought for sure it couldn't get worse than FF era. :tiffcackle:

That era was terrible but at least it was an era.

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

not really. We got full high quality eras for Circus and Femme Fatale. Doenst matter if you liked them or not but we got multiple singles and music videos and a high budget world tour. it started going downhill during POM/BJ

FF era was trash. Minus the album and singles 

The label & Team B will NOT pass up the lucrative marketing opportunities surrounding her 20th Anniversary! Also, the overwhelming success with the "Summer Tour" was obvy a huge indicator for the Team & promoters as to how lucrative taking Britney on the road is. 

I'm going to guess, just based on Britney's attitude lately, that whatever is coming next will be a surprise & kept quiet until it's ready. 

I go back and forth on being frustrated. In so many ways, I miss the old Primeney eras where she was all over the place and SO passionate. I just remind myself that no one can be on top all the time. People get older and "the new girls" take over. Tastes change. At one point, Brit was that new girl. I can't expect her to be that young, vivacious 18-year-old forever. She's been thru so much and I genuinely think that while she loves making new music, her heart and head aren't really into performing anymore. It's too much pressure, too much work. Her anxiety has dimmed her confidence and honestly, it's taken over a lot of her performing abilities. After all she went thru, it isn't surprising. I feel for her. I just think she'd prefer to do her own thing and stay at home with her family, out of the public eye, and make that her new normal. Personally, I'd rather see her happy and healthy than force herself out of her comfort zone on stage every night. Sure, it kinda breaks my heart, knowing what she was/is capable of, but if I were her, I'd be over it, too. I know she still has her moments when her energy and confidence are on point but she is simply not the performer she once was and she doesn't have to be. She doesn't want to be. She's proved herself and I think in her mind, she's done what she set out to do. She conquered the world and now, it's someone else's turn. Her fame and career almost broke her. She's not after that same level of success that she once was and wants to be as far away from that grueling promo and insane scheduling as possible. I don't think she has any interest in being the overexposed, incredibly famous popstar of her prime. She's a 35-year-old mother, focused on her kids rather than a career, who is painfully shy and anxious, at least in the public eye. I know there are performers who have kids and balance that with an aggressive career but I don't think that interests her.The industry scarred her. She earned her "legend" status and I think that's where she's content.

I also think POM was good for her (as much as that show just doesn't do it for me sometimes lol) bc she needed something with a routine that kept her in one place and allowed her more stability with the boys. I think after it's over, she should take a break and decide what she really wants to do. I would LOVE to see her take a totally different direction and do some more laid back, acoustic/Unplugged type stuff, but only if she's feeling it. I think that if she doesn't show the public a new persona/maturity with her music, sales will continue to lack. Career-wise, she needs a big, surprise release showing off her voice and songwriting ability. I'd love to see her prove to the world just how talented she truly is but like I said, I just don't know if she has any solid, prolonged interest in doing that. I think she's just kinda going thru the motions and fulfilling obligations right now. I believe she'll always be involved in music in some way, shape or form. I just don't think her career/sales/numbers matter as much to her anymore and while I'll always miss the "old Brit" and those incredible eras for nostalgia's sake, I think she's simply outgrown that hunger. I love her either way! :urite:

I'm not worried or frustrated. I'm actually kinda happy and excited for where things are headed tbh. She's happy and healthy, and I think overall Vegas was a massive success. Glory was great, of course the MM video sucked but I don't really care that much. 

Life is stressful enough as it is, I'm certainly not gonna worry about the state of her career on top of all my daily stressors. I have other artists I love who are coming out with new music, and I have B10 to look forward too. My only wish is that she comes to the East Coast for a show sooner than later so I have a chance to see her live!

For me there's a difference between having compassion for where Britney is at in her life and career vrs being angry with her or trying to come up with excuses for why things are the way they are.  It gets tiresome trying to analyze everything all the time.  At the end of the day, whatever is going to happen is going to happen.  No amount of worrying or wishing things would be different will change anything.  I accepted eons ago that Britney may never "fully recover" in terms of ideas I have in my head about what that would look like.  As much as fans hate hearing this, the realty is you don't get "get over" the stuff Britney went though she is still dealing with it and will continue to deal with it.  It doesn't make you a "Brittard" to acknowledge  this.  Glory musically flat out did not get the respect it deserves and I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't do an album for a while.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

She is just a small part of my life. She could retire I won't care.

But with all the drama on this forum, I bet there are a lot of frustrated people :whitney:

Archived