Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Have all eras ended terribly?


none

Recommended Posts

  • Deactivated

Think about it

 

  • BOMT - this one wasn't terrible but FTBOMBH in the US wasn't that big and Oops was pushed rather quickly

tumblr_lslxasr5Xx1r1e024o1_500.gif

  • OIDIA - The Oops tour ending in Rick in Rio with her voice backstage leaking where you could hear her mad and swearing. DLMBTLTK was ahead of its time so it wasn't big and its video received a lot of backlash for being too ******

tumblr_inline_mti5b8G7b91qbku9a.png

  • Britney - ended in Mexico with the middle finger fiasco which for some reason almost stopped the world, following cancelling the last concert due to the storm

Britney-Spears-Flipping-The-Bird-As-Her-Britney_Spears_-_Overprotected_(Mexico_C

  • ITZ - Outrageous incident cancelling the rest of the era

britney-knee.jpg

  • BO - do we need to say more?

news-graphics-2008-_439977a.jpg

  • Circus - Radar did crap so they went ahead with 3

britney_spears_2009_circus_tour_2.jpg

  • FF - the tour did ok, but Criminal was never promoted nor performed. By the end of the tour, most of the stage design was removed.

tumblr_m4v5zht3rX1r0ox88o1_500.gif

  • BJ - POM

tumblr_nao1qoC5vM1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

  • Glory - POM 2.0

giphy.gif

Link to comment
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby, Oops, Circus and Femme Fatale eras ended well IMO. The last single underperforms most of the times... By the end of Baby she was an A list popstar. By the end of Oops she was the princess of pop, the most iconic and successful popstar since madonna. Her first world tour was a big hit as well. As about Circus, most people used to believe she wouldn't be able to complete the circus tour. Everyone was waiting for a second breakdown or Britney acting out on stage. But she didn't. She did 97 dates and wrapped one of the best selling tours of the year. Femme Fatale was a very successful era. Maybe Britney wasn't at her best and the FFT failed to achieve TCSBS numbers (too soon for another world tour) but she went great. As about the stage being simplified only her fans noticed. The rest of the world just enjoyed the shows they went to. 

Link to comment
  • Deactivated
11 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

Yeah. The only difference now is, they all start terribly too. At least we used to get a good era before things went bad.

:tiffcackle:

5 minutes ago, dancewithme said:

 By the end of Baby she was an A list popstar. By the end of Oops she was the princess of pop, the most iconic and successful popstar since madonna. Her first world tour was a big hit as well. 

True with BOMT, even though she was big during OIDIA I remember the backlash cuz of that video. Of course they ended very great compared to the latest ones.

Link to comment

No album cycle ends with a successful single. The labels keep releasing singles until the streak of successes ends and one of the singles flops.

And From the bottom of my Broken heart was actually a massive seller. It's the 8th best selling physical single of the 2000s.

They didn't release more singles from her debut most likely because they wanted to push a new Britney album and cement her before bubblegum pop starts fading and Britney with it.

Link to comment
Guest Paris Hilton $

BOMT last single was a top 15 hit and the era ended extremely well

OIDIA too by the end of the era she had 2 consecutive diamonds album while being a teenager and was confirmed as the princess of pop :outwithit:

Britney era ended very well too, the was just the Mexico date cancelled due to the storm

Circus ended great, having improved her image and finishing a successful WW tour. Radar underperforming was expected tho since fans weren't very happy about this recycled thing

FF too, criminal wasn't promoted and she didn't even bother singing it on her own tour that was supposed to promote her album. Also, the mv was censored on YouTube. The song could've been a big hit, a lot of videos including this song had a lot of views.

The eras that really ended bad were ITZ and blackout. ITZ was about to be her biggest era and she was ******* everywhere. If the knee incident didn't happened I think that she would've make a ton of singles and iconic music videos. Her performing skills were getting better and she was topping the charts almost everywhere

All of her other eras ended well

Link to comment

Just like what was said above, the final single from an album isn't a hit. You can't say that every era "ended terribly" because that's an exaggeration. The final singles will relatively underperform, but if you said that for every album ever released from any artist then you could also say that those eras "ended terribly" as well. Also most final singles receive almost no promo, they're almost like promo singles.

Link to comment
  • Twitter Team
1 hour ago, dancewithme said:

Baby, Oops, Circus and Femme Fatale eras ended well IMO. The last single underperforms most of the times... By the end of Baby she was an A list popstar. By the end of Oops she was the princess of pop, the most iconic and successful popstar since madonna. Her first world tour was a big hit as well. As about Circus, most people used to believe she wouldn't be able to complete the circus tour. Everyone was waiting for a second breakdown or Britney acting out on stage. But she didn't. She did 97 dates and wrapped one of the best selling tours of the year. Femme Fatale was a very successful era. Maybe Britney wasn't at her best and the FFT failed to achieve TCSBS numbers (too soon for another world tour) but she went great. As about the stage being simplified only her fans noticed. The rest of the world just enjoyed the shows they went to. 

I agree with this, I don't think Britney era ended badly too, well I know that the final date of DWAD being cancelled halfway through was a blow but apart from that it was a great era.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, button said:

No album cycle ends with a successful single. The labels keep releasing singles until the streak of successes ends and one of the singles flops.

And From the bottom of my Broken heart was actually a massive seller. It's the 8th best selling physical single of the 2000s.

They didn't release more singles from her debut most likely because they wanted to push a new Britney album and cement her before bubblegum pop starts fading and Britney with it.

Omg i'm glad to see you back, i kinda missed you and @cheri around :hugs:

ot: is it safe to say that her label risked it for Britney era since all singles except Slave flopped (locally at least)

Link to comment

Also, OP I think the only era that ended horribly was ITZ because it started strong but ended up being cancelled before it even reached a year. Blackout and BJ did not have proper era to begin with due to the lack of promo; while Glory was a mess from start to finish. The rest pretty much had decent run, and I guess their last singles shouldn't be the only measure of how successful the era was from start to finish; the tour's gross, awards and nominations, should also be accounted.

Link to comment
  • Super Mods

Blackout started bad, ended bad.

BJ actually started really good, besides the Desert Performance fiasco, WB was pretty decent, had a great video, the POM residency sounded very promising, but then Perfume happened. Even with its debut sales, I think BJ could've done better with a few more singles, but they decided to abruptly end it.

Glory was very promising before it actually started, but the MM video situation meant one of the worst beginnings of an era, only above Blackout. However I don't think like it ended that terribly, it just, ended too soon.

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 6 here

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block