Just went to the Grammy museum...

Puppy

6 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

She didn’t write on her first album? I didn’t realize.

Songwriting aside, people feared Britney would be a one hit wonder. Sometimes and Crazy weren’t huge hits, and Christina already had two #1s in 1999. And I think her vocal ability gave her an advantage.

Sorry but Britney deserved that Grammy, xtina never had Britney's way of being an entertainer, yes xtina had better vocals but when it comes to overall package, Britney was so much better :mattafact: Crazy was #1 on WW charts tho, her singles weren't sold physical so they only charted on airplay. The only single she sold physical was BOMT. Xtina wrote on Come On Over Baby (All I Want You) after it was re-issued but not the original. Britney wrote I'm So Curious so they were even in terms of songwriting in their debuts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Sorry but Britney deserved that Grammy, xtina never had Britney's way of being an entertainer, yes xtina had better vocals but when it comes to overall package, Britney was so much better :mattafact: Crazy was #1 on WW charts tho, her singles weren't sold physical so they only charted on airplay. The only single she sold physical was BOMT. Xtina wrote on Come On Over Baby (All I Want You) after it was re-issued but not the original. Britney wrote I'm So Curious so they were even in terms of songwriting in their debuts

You make some good points, you can make a case for both. They both had huge breakouts to their career.

And no need to apologize, we can have disagreements without being nasty to each other. Unlike some pressed britards :mattafact:

Guest BreatheOnMoi

In LA right? I went there like 7 years ago myself actually. It's a cute place, but the Grammys are heavily into making themselves out to be "Acclaimed" and "talent oriented" blah blah blah bullshit, I didn't care I didn't see her there. The world is just a place where everyone will accept and praise Beyonce and Taylor Swift so you just have to kind of see that and move on tbh. :gross:

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

In LA right? I went there like 7 years ago myself actually. It's a cute place, but the Grammys are heavily into making themselves out to be "Acclaimed" and "talent oriented" blah blah blah bullshit, I didn't care I didn't see her there. The world is just a place where everyone will accept and praise Beyonce and Taylor Swift so you just have to kind of see that and move on tbh. :gross:

Correct, yeah I kinda figured but I when I watched the video clip, the narrator said the 00's was defined by one song and then it opened with crazy in love and immediately I shook my head. I mean I know that song was huge but it was not that big and the narrator also commented that the decade belong to Beyoncé and was the era that ushered in the black artists. I feel like there is a sort of bias towards black artists (not that I'm racist) but it's like they acted like teen pop never happened and everywhere in other music history books they definitely highlighted the resurgence of teen pop in the late nineties. I know many people here say that Britney shouldn't be there because she only had one Grammy but it's not about that, it's about showing music history and I felt that it's not told very truthfully. A lot of black artists are highlighted and I feel it has a bias feel just like Beyoncé is plastered everywhere because of a certain influence. I just think that music is a universal language and that everything should be told and represented. It feels so PC, like they are afraid of more whites are represented then there would be an outcry about that. I mean the spice girls should be recognized too because without them, destiny's child probably wouldn't have that opportunity since teen pop was dominated by males and boy groups.

Guest BreatheOnMoi
12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Correct, yeah I kinda figured but I when I watched the video clip, the narrator said the 00's was defined by one song and then it opened with crazy in love and immediately I shook my head. I mean I know that song was huge but it was not that big and the narrator also commented that the decade belong to Beyoncé and was the era that ushered in the black artists. I feel like there is a sort of bias towards black artists (not that I'm racist) but it's like they acted like teen pop never happened and everywhere in other music history books they definitely highlighted the resurgence of teen pop in the late nineties. I know many people here say that Britney shouldn't be there because she only had one Grammy but it's not about that, it's about showing music history and I felt that it's not told very truthfully. A lot of black artists are highlighted and I feel it has a bias feel just like Beyoncé is plastered everywhere because of a certain influence. I just think that music is a universal language and that everything should be told and represented. It feels so PC, like they are afraid of more whites are represented then there would be an outcry about that. I mean the spice girls should be recognized too because without them, destiny's child probably wouldn't have that opportunity since teen pop was dominated by males and boy groups.

As you can tell it's clearly ****** up on all fronts. Grammys just keep making themselves out to be about the lack of credibility they have. Very soon they'll be the VMAs of awards. 

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

As you can tell it's clearly ****** up on all fronts. Grammys just keep making themselves out to be about the lack of credibility they have. Very soon they'll be the VMAs of awards. 

Yeah it's just disappointing since they are reputable that you would think you know? It's a good museum that has potential. I should have known, a lot of reviews gave it an okay.

I also tried looking for Britney's star and she's not there, wonder if they moved it because it's not where websites are saying she's listed at. 

heres the thing about britney... she's an icon and did a lot of iconic things but her music itself is not super revolutionary or overly creative. it's good pop music but it's not like she even co-writes most of it. most people see it as fun, throwaway pop. imo she deserves a lot more grammy's than she's gotten, but i think that's how the grammy's view her and her music.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

heres the thing about britney... she's an icon and did a lot of iconic things but her music itself is not super revolutionary or overly creative. it's good pop music but it's not like she even co-writes most of it. most people see it as fun, throwaway pop. imo she deserves a lot more grammy's than she's gotten, but i think that's how the grammy's view her and her music.

I mean you can say the same with Beyoncé, it wasn't like she did anything revolutionary either. She played the game just like any pop star. So yeah sure I can understand they don't like Britney but they sure do like Beyoncé as she's everywhere in the museum. All her Grammy performances are played on the screens, she has a whole video dedicated to her, her Grammy performance is used when you want to try out how modern music sounds like if it were a an phonograph. Her dress is displayed in the pop section. I mean it's over kill and it's a little reaching when claims are said like "the 00's was defined by one song- Crazy in love." That's like far from the truth. It's like they ignored teen pop. 

On 9/3/2017 at 3:26 AM, danny1994 said:

She didn’t write on her first album? I didn’t realize.

Songwriting aside, people feared Britney would be a one hit wonder. Sometimes and Crazy weren’t huge hits, and Christina already had two #1s in 1999. And I think her vocal ability gave her an advantage.

(You Drive Me) Crazy was a huge hit, it has the same US Audience Impressions as ...Baby One More Time, Oops!... I Did It Again and Toxic.

Britney already proved that she wasn't a one hit wonder with that.

On 9/2/2017 at 1:53 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Britney is notoriously disliked by the professional music industry. They don't take her seriously as an artist, even though she's proven herself time and time again. It's really unfortunate and frustrating because she is such a genuine treasure.  :bwink:  :slayney:  :brit:

But they take Taylor Swift mediocre behind seriously

I would not take them seriously

grammy has always disrespectful to britney. they did beyonce a thing. amazing marketting strategy. lol, such a shame. every generation loves britney classics. beyonce can't even write, produce and dance, her only talent is high notes. grammy is racist. britney doesn't need that shitty awards. she is the first person of michael jackson vanguard awarded in this decade. other popstars can't sell like her ( except mariah,madonna and adele), she is amazing entertainer, song-writer etc. blackout is the best ******* pop album of last decade, she has truly iconic life, i can drag them more.

On 9/2/2017 at 0:01 PM, Shadow. said:

when has she proven herself worthy of recognition as a serious artist? she doesn't sing live, she doesn't put effort into her performances anymore, the last few albums have been very chart focused in a pathetic attempt to make her music relevant (and she's always behind the trend), she barely writes/produces her own material, she claimed FAKE writing credits/vocals on BJ, she expects credit for her mediocrity which is absolutely ridiculous & she doesn't show passion for her music (calling it her "baby" & saying the track is "cool" isn't passion) the list just goes on.

there is a reason britney isn't a respected artist. she does **** all to attempt to gain any sort of recognition for her artistry. 

Taylor Swift has 2 AOTY grammys with her elementary songwriting and basic music, and she's never been a great performer

Rihanna not a great performer, barely writes or produce her music but she still won grammys

Beyonce has been called out soooooooo many times over the years for taking credit on songs she did not write, but she still wins grammys

Oh come on, Britney gets paid dust by the grammys. Bob Marley didn't win one and everybody loves him. Was he mentioned there? It probably is due to pretentious reasons that Britney only won one award but she's been facing this shade and snobbery right from the beginning of her career, people called her talentless back then too and it was pretty much children that liked Britney Spears back then.

Britney has a very unique story, she came out at the turn of the century, and stopped to live life in 04 and became a tabloid fixture for 3 years, dropped her album in 07 (which a lot of people at the time didn't know was out and thought GM and POM were stand alone) which is deemed as the late 00s. An overshadowed era, followed by the comeback which after Womanizer and Circus, people started calling her a has-been. It's a weird story, she is a pop culture icon but sadly it stops there, that's why MTV use her all the time, she caused many memorable moments for them visually and scandal wise even that MJ artist of the millennium thing, Trl to the performances, that's what people want from Britney but she isn't giving that now...so no one cares. Baby and Womanizer as songs should have won but Poker face was nominated in 08 so...

I slipped off subject as per but hey whatever

Archived